“Best value in NYC.... don't be a snob and simply stand in the line” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 53rd & 6th Halal

53rd & 6th Halal
w53rd Street & 6th Ave., New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 11,291 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Halal
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Canada
“Best value in NYC.... don't be a snob and simply stand in the line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I visited the Halal Guys twice while in NYC. It was our first meal in NYC and we were very happy with our decision. We were surprised with the size of the portions, the value and the taste. I had the mixed plate while my wife had a gyros sandwich. Both of us were very impressed but realized that we the mixed plate could have fed both of us. The guys serving up the food had a great attitude and when we returned, we had the same experience. Sandwiches were $4 and plates were $6, stand in the line and enjoy the experience....

TIP: Try to avoid going at peak hours, expect to stand in line but it moves quite quickly. Ask the guys for a both white sauce and spice. Water is $2 and if you ask for spice, you'll need it or a bottle of Snapple. You can dine on the steps of the building just north of the food cart. If the line is too long, simply walk across 6th to their other cart on the SW corner.

Definitely worth a visit....

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manhattan Beach, California, USA
“Late night must have.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I have read all the reviews of these guys and always thought.. street food? No thanks.

But, I was so wrong. I also thought they are all the same. Again, wrong wrong wrong!!

I have no idea why, but the flavored of the meat and chicken are just amazing. Same kind of grill as the rest, but this is truly special.

I had the combo plate and extra sauce (the key for me) and just found a seat and ate. Plenty to share if you need to, but when in NYC eat at all the great restaurants and then take the time to sample this Halal stand. Classic!

WINNIPEG,CANADA
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I don't care what foodie you are, you have to try this, worth the wait and your $ cause 6 $ will get you a huge plate rice mixture of chicken and lamb a bit of pita bread and lettuce , great white sauce, also a bit of BBQ and hot sauce , line up is long but goes super fast 15 min maybe

“Great ,cheap food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Came across these guys when heading to a nighttime viewing of 30 rock . Had really good meal. we got a gyro (spiced lamb meat) over rice and a chicken over rice. Both were tasty but we discovered that a little chilli sauce goes a long way. Went back the night after and was just as good , highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“Best $6 meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Long line but a great option for a cheap meal one night or a very filling lunch. Also -I felt like I was eating something good - not fast food or greasy. We got the gyro/chicken combo and it even came with a small salad in the to go box.

Visited August 2013