“Nice surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SOCARRAT Paella Bar Chelsea

SOCARRAT Paella Bar Chelsea
259 W 19th St, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)
212 462 1000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
SOCARRAT Paella Bar Chelsea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,413 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas, Wine Bar, Basque
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Between 7th & 8th Ave
Transit: Close to A, C, E, L and the 1 train.
Description: With three locations in Manhattan, our menu features paellas, tapas, and vino from all regions of Spain. The Midtown East location, has full bar and plenty of room for private events- come celebrate your party here!! Join us for a Spanish brunch, a delicious dinner, or a glass of wine at the bar. All our locations are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and we welcome reservations and walk-ins. We also offer catering and are available to customize a menu for your own special event.
Barletta, Italy
“Nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

It has been a nice surprise this paella bar in Chelsea. The atmosphere is really European and there was a genuine Spanish sophistication. The waiters were great: the were really professional (yes, they deserved the tip!). The food was mainly great! I had one of the greatest sangria in NYC with a gorgeous serrano ham. The paella reminded me the one I had in Santa Caterina in Barcelona last year... Delicious! They should improve the quality of the desserts, but overall it has been a great and nice experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rhode Island
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

What a nice little surprise for my friends and me when we stumbled upon this restaurant on 2nd Ave midtown. The kitchen was open till 11pm we walked in at 10:45. We were not rushed at all. The waiter was nice, funny and professional. He made great suggestions for the bottle of wine. The paella was awesome and the perfect amount for the three of us. It was so good we contemplated going back the next night to try a different paella. We didn't then but I will be going back. Great time and great food.

Visited November 2013
Varese, Italy
“Very good Tapas Bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Delightful experience among friends, the food is great, the staff is very polite and friendly. I am vegetarian and I still found some good opportunities, while my guests, carnivores, ate a delicious paella. Very good drinks. It was, undoubtedly, a nice evening. I my humble opinion, I highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
manila
“Wonderful Paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The paella was great, wanted it a little crusty at the bottom but it was really good nonetheless. Scallops was wonderful, too, but the serving was small. The waiter was annoyingly pushy and wanted me to order all sorts of food on the menu.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Maine
“Food good, atmosphere, not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My adult son and I ordered the arroz negro paella, which was very good and the portions were appropriate to share between two people. My problem was with the seating arrangements. We were seated at a long bar table , with dinner companions placed across from each other. Unfortunately you are literally rubbing elbows with the people next to you. The guy on my right continually snorted back into his head what ever was in his nasal passages, then took the t-shirt that he was wearing and wiped his whole face with it. I realize that dining establishments are not responsible for the personal hygiene practices of their patrons, but this was just gross, especially at such close proximity.

• Visited November 2013