We stayed at the Ace Hotel for 2 weeks, and were overall okay with the experience.
- Rooms are clean, comfortable bed, small shower but didn't bother us too much
- TV in the bedroom was disappointing - it was delayed using the remote control so it was annoying to change channels/volume. Sometimes it would switch off completely.
- Hotel lobby is always filled with people, either working on their laptops or drinking at the bar. It's quite loud most of the time so if you're after a lobby that you can sit back and read a book - it's not the place for you
- A very hipster place, you get the vibe that everyone is "cooler" than you
- Location is great - it's close to subway stations and is easy to get to places, short work to Empire State Building
- Stumptown Coffee downstairs is great - always a line every morning but it's worth the wait for the morning coffee hit!
- Restaurants around the hotel were also great - it seems like a lot of locals dine at these places, not just hotel guests
- Considering we were staying there for 2 weeks - we asked for an extra chair for the desk so that we could both use our laptops. First time was at the lobby with a girl with short blonde hair - she pretty much rolled her eyes at us and made a fake promise to see if this could be done or not and we never heard from her after that. Second time was an email to the hotel manager - no reply.
Overall, location and the hotel is good. For what we paid for and staying there for 2 weeks, a simple request for an extra chair seemed a bit too much for the hotel staff. If you're looking for a hotel for a short stay (3-4 days), this is the perfect place. I wouldn't recommend it for long stays, because the slight chance of requesting something may or may not be done. We're not normally the type to make a fuss or special requests and really wanted to like this place as we were looking forward to it so it was disappointing. It pretty much hindered our overall opinion for the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Ace Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deluxe room at the Ace Hotel. Spacious room with high ceilings, large windows and large bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tablet Hotels, Tingo, BookIt.com, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Ace Hotel New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.