“Ace Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ace Hotel New York

You added Ace Hotel New York to your Saves list
Ace Hotel New York
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 West 29th Street, at Broadway, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #172 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Got a nice big room on fifth floor - a lot of noise from the street as they were building something on the other side of the street, in the night!

Staff nice as always, but I didn't get my room cleaned the last night because the 30mins I was home before dinner apparently was in the time they would have cleaned, so they never did.

I love the vibe at the place and I have stayed there three times now and would do it again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi Pelle M.!
Thank you for your review and for the chance to apologize for the lack of service you received on your last night. Not acceptable and we are sorry for our poor communication. We promise to make it up to you when you return. Please let me know if I can assist.
With warm regards,
Lisa and the Ace Staff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am in NY regular and used to stay at the ACE when it first opened. For a while the slacker meets hipster (slackster?) attitude was a bit of an issue, but balanced with great coffee at Stumptown (which saves on room service) ..I was sort of happy, and it was way better than the generic brands in Times Square where my office is. Still, At some point I decided to stop using the place - probably when they lost my shirts and asked if I could pick them up the day after my flight home to London". Fast forward 2 years, my new choice Nomad was full so I came back....and

The good:
- Service improved - attitude much better
- Still a great bar
- Stumptown is still the best coffee anywhere in Manhattan
- there are a huge variety of rooms, some of which really have personality.

The really bad:
- many rooms smell like a mixture of meatloaf and mildew. (thats right, meatloaf and mildew) requiring windows to be open.

Long story short - Mister Ace, this smell piece needs fixing. Its just not right. Otherwise keep up the good work...

Room Tip: Ask for corner room with Guitar - think it was a Medium King..
Hi Gbeet:
Well let me start by saying Welcome Back and thank you for your comments! I am glad you observed some positive changes with regard to service. We will never get tired of hearing such wonderful accolades about the team!
We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience. Ace has become a home away from home for many and it is our mission to do our very best every day to ensure all of our guests are happy and more importantly comfortable. Although your observance regarding a particular odor is nothing I have experienced, I have asked our Housekeeping Managers to pay extra attention to this during inspections and let us know so we can of course take action. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future. I would be happy to pre-inspect your room prior to your arrival.
Warm regards,
Lisa and the Ace Staff
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

With its convenient location near the Flatiron district, lively vibe and good service, I will definitely return for another stay! The room was hipster cool and well equipped - I thought the turntable player was a nice fun touch. The lobby and lounge were busy most nights with live music and the crowd hanging out there is young and cool, but thankfully it was quiet up in the room (which isn't always the case in other "hip" hotels in Manhattan). Also loved the cafe connected to the lobby, which served a good selection of coffee and pastries - a great place to start off your morning! Good value for the money I spent and will highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have now stayed at this place on several occasions and it is, every time, almost achingly cool to be part of the world they have created.
My only caveat to visitors would be that, as it has become the hot spot in this part of town for the beautiful or hippy-chic gang, there is generally a somewhat annoying and occasionally deafening buzz in the lobby and it is often problematic to get a seat in the lobby or a place at the table - over-run as it is by computer-using folk who don't seem to consider it manners to purchase even a coffee beverage to justify their hours of tenancy....
nonetheless, my favourite spot for a super-cool bedroom in NYC, good job ACE!
Morgan Crowley

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Morgan C.
Just a quick note of thanks for sharing our part of the world and please feel free to ask any of us at the desk to assist you with a spot in the lobby. It would be a pleasure to do so.
All the best,
The Team at Ace NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival I was greeted with a wall of noise in the lobby...it was a dance party & I immediately wanted to join. The fun, but first...to drop my bags.

Our room was small, but exactly what we expected. Every hipster detail accounted for (flask shaped water bottles, a guitar, & the BEST bar fridge I've ever seen). We had a view of the Empire State, which was a nice bonus.

I'm in my 30s & appreciate good design & attention to detail. The Ace had that covered....right down to the service. Even if you doubt your personal coolness factor...hangout in the lobby for 15min & gain cred by standing around.

• Stayed May 2013
Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great experience at this very hip and cool hotel! Amazing staff, amazing lobby/lounge and an excellent restaurant and cafe. Central location - we were within walking distance for all main attraction NYC offers. The room we stayed in was quite large (by NYC standards) and was well designed. A large bathroom and well stocked with good quality soap/shampoo, etc. The room had no view (3rd floor - faced into another building) but I didn't spend a lot of time in the room.

I look forward to my next stay at the Ace Hotel and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ace Hotel New York? Share your experiences!