“YES, you are cool enough to stay here.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ace Hotel New York

You added Ace Hotel New York to your Saves list
Ace Hotel New York
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 West 29th Street, at Broadway, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #201 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“YES, you are cool enough to stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival I was greeted with a wall of noise in the lobby...it was a dance party & I immediately wanted to join. The fun, but first...to drop my bags.

Our room was small, but exactly what we expected. Every hipster detail accounted for (flask shaped water bottles, a guitar, & the BEST bar fridge I've ever seen). We had a view of the Empire State, which was a nice bonus.

I'm in my 30s & appreciate good design & attention to detail. The Ace had that covered....right down to the service. Even if you doubt your personal coolness factor...hangout in the lobby for 15min & gain cred by standing around.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great experience at this very hip and cool hotel! Amazing staff, amazing lobby/lounge and an excellent restaurant and cafe. Central location - we were within walking distance for all main attraction NYC offers. The room we stayed in was quite large (by NYC standards) and was well designed. A large bathroom and well stocked with good quality soap/shampoo, etc. The room had no view (3rd floor - faced into another building) but I didn't spend a lot of time in the room.

I look forward to my next stay at the Ace Hotel and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I just returned from three nights in NYC for a conference. I stayed at Ace Hotel because it was close to the conference and I got a discount from a professional organization. I was a little worried about staying at a "hipster" hotel because of a previous bad experience at the Hudson, another "hipster" hotel in midtown.

ACE HOTEL ROCKS! This was a great experience and hotel. I had a midsized king room, which was plenty big for me; but I assume people who are used to non-Manhattan hotels might find them a little small. Here are some thoughts:

Pros:
- The staff was great. They made me feel welcome -- unlike at the Hudson. I was in the conference and sent a email to general information address trying to get a dinner reservation at the Breslin. I got a quick reply and exactly the time I wanted. That kind of service is MUCH more than I expected for this price in Manhattan.
- The room was immaculate and well equipped.
- The linens and the bed were fantastic. I slept very well, which is sometimes a problem for me on the road.
- The shower was huge (room 923) and great water flow. Nothing like a rain shower after walking all over town!
- The lobby/bar was hopping every night. It was cool scene of people just hanging out talking and working. I grabbed a beer on the "workbench" and caught up on email one night.
- Stumptown coffee is connected to the lobby and had GREAT coffee and pastries.

Cons:
- My room had a guitar, which gave me flashbacks of musical inadequacies after years of failing to learn to play :-(
- The room was dark -- even with all the lights on. My room only had one window, I assume others have more and are brighter.
- No valet parking. A colleague drove into the city one night and had to park a couple blocks away. I was surprised there weren't valets and didn't warn my guest.
- The surrounding area is still in transition. I suspect it will be a great neighborhood in 5 years, but there isn't much there now. Be ready to walk or cab.

As a result of the location and lobby atmosphere, I probably won't bring my kids there. But I will 100% return on business or just with my wife!

Room Tip: I was in 923, which only had 1 window and looked out over a parking lot. I assume the rooms looking...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi Mike F.
Thank you for giving us a try and the super review you wrote. I noted your preference for a room with more natural light and we will definitely try to make that happen.
Please let us know if you decide to return with your family. I think you might be pleasantly surprised at all there is to do and we have some really fun suggestions.
We certainly look forward to your return!
Warm regards,
The Ace Team
brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Unusually large room, tasteful decorations. Ample space for spreading out and comfortable bed. Quiet, upper floor. Lobby is fun and bustling. Staff is friendly and attentive. Location is convenient for walking and public transportation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

the rooms are on the smaller side but being business traveler that never spends time in my room, this is not a problem. My favorite thing about this place is the amazing Breselin restaurant (Their brunch is especially tasty) and their lobby. Such a great place to meet up with friends, grab a cocktail, or get some work done. I've even brought my dog and they've always been so welcoming. The service overall is a bit hispster "too cool" esque, but I have no complaints either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I love it, love it's style, love turntable in the rooms. The best place to stay while you're in NY. Also, on the first floor, there's my favorite John Dory's Oyster bar, and I recommend you visiting it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com