“Ace Hotel is a must!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ace Hotel New York

Save Saved
You added Ace Hotel New York to your Saves list
Ace Hotel New York
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 West 29th Street, at Broadway, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #139 of 449 hotels in New York City
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Ace Hotel is a must!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the Ace in June 2012 and it was amazing. The staff are really friendly and helpful, especially when your a solo gal in need of subway help. The rooms are extremely clean and have a feel of a real NYC apartment with funky interiors. The rooms are a tad small but you come to expect this with an NYC hotel. Believe me the cleanliness and funky interior definitely make up for it. It is also in a great spot for heading to the Empire State Building and a good mid-point to go just about anywhere. I'll definitely be staying there on my next NYC trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Lucylockett82-
Thanks for letting us know about your stay in June. Those subways can be daunting - even for NY'ers! Happy we were able to assist and we look forward to seeing you again!

985 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I really enjoyed the ace hotel. Modern, contemporary attitude Very, very helpful, friendly, and engaged staff. Unpretentious yet direct and helpful staff. I really enjoyed my experience and would return.

Room Tip: Fun, adventurous, avant-guard hotel and decor by suburban standards, but very service-friendly and e...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Thomas191,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return soon!
All the best,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I did not expect to enjoy this hotel nearly as much as I did, and very much look forward to return trips.

The staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful. I lost my luggage tag, but the guy who checked my luggage said "oh you're (insert my first name here), I know what bags you left."

Upon checking in, I was informed by the reception clerk that I had requested a quiet room, so she'd placed me on the 10th floor, facing Broadway, but if that didn't seem OK, to let her know. I was also asked if there was anything else I'd need for my room.

The valet who helped me take my luggage upstairs took extra time to show me the specifics of my room.

The room was exceptionally clean, and the view was outstanding (Empire state building filled my window).

Also, the room had a guitar in the corner, just in case I changed my mind about being quiet.

In a big city with so much going on, it's really nice to have a few personal touches.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hi KG1977_11,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.
It will be nice to have you back with us!
Warm regards,
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ace hotel new york was a real treat for me and my family - fantastic vintage interior and true love for design everywhere you look. Perfect room complete with smegg fridge and acoustic guitar - high floor and with spectacular view of Empire state building. Dined at the breslin, enjoyed the beautiful coffees from Stumptown and chilled in the cool lobby. The kids loved it and for my husband and I it was like 'staying in for a night out'. Perfect!

Room Tip: high floor has great view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Charlotte.

We're thrilled you and your family had such a great stay with us. We thank you for sharing your feedback and look forward to having all of you back soon.
Let us know if you need any assistance getting back out for a night in!
Graham
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during christmas 2012. The staff were great in providing recommendations for Christmas lunch which we started organising by email before we arrived. As the other reviews say, the hotel is very cool. Great bar, restaurant, coffee shop, subway shop all connected to the hotel. They are pretty pricey though.
We stayed in the small room. It was a pretty generous size, larger than most hotel rooms in new york. Great accents to the room create a really funky feel. The only thing is that it is so dark! One wall is painted black so that doesnt help and the lights just don't make the room bright enough. Not great for a girl getting dressed and putting on makeup in the morning.
Location is good, short walking distance to times square and 5th ave. Streets directly surrounding are lined with wholesale shops, feels a little dodgy in the beginning but it's really fine.
All in all, would return when in ny!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi Marcus C.,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
Thank you for your feedback. We added your preference for additional lighting to your profile and hope to see you soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is my new home from home in NYC. Stayed in a "small" room which was basic but had good space, en-suite bathroom and fridge. A few blocks from Penn station so easy to access by bus. PATH and subway. It sits on top of a great coffee shop and a seafood/oyster bar (John Dory's). There is also a restaurant linked to the hotel but we didn't have time to try it - looked good though. Rooms are quiet despite there being bar and DJ in the lobby most nights (I rate this as a good thing). There is a small (free) gym downstairs too. All the staff were always friendly. I was initially worried by the low price and "small" room name but was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear seasavvy,
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your visit and we look forward to welcoming you home in 2013!
Lisa and the Ace Staff
London, Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

As I entered the lobby after a long flight all the noise and people made me think this would be a horrific place to stay but in the end it was rather decent. Rooms are a good size, decent shower, good internet, good room service, excellent gym and free bikes to cycle around in. The bar is VERY happening (almost too popular actually), decent service. EXCELLENT grilled cheese sandwich and fries. To die for really. I'd stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AshtonatAce, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hi alexsw1,
Thanks for your comments.
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Lisa

Been to Ace Hotel New York? Share your experiences!