“Southern hospitality & charm in heart of NYC!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn on 23rd

You added The Inn on 23rd to your Saves list
The Inn on 23rd
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   131 West 23rd Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Ranked #12 of 96 New York City B&B and Inns
Bear, Delaware
“Southern hospitality & charm in heart of NYC!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband & I stayed @ "The Inn On 23rd" for our wedding anniversary & it was very enjoyable. We stayed in the Rosewood suite & although no "view" of the city in that particular room...it was private & quiet. Which we really appreciated!! (Because city views usually come w/city noise). Accomodations are very warm, cozy & VERY CLEAN!! Location is awesome & only a few short blocks from the Chelsea Market & the art gallery district. WE both agreed we would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: travelers should be aware however, that hotel does not have it's own parking so it may be a chal...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here last month during the pleasure portion of an extended holiday. The "library"/lobby is gorgeous(your personal kitchen) and rooms are huge.

Rooms are spacious and feature exposed brick and comfortable beds. My only complaint was a lack of channels with their DirectTv packages, but isn't that always the case. The bathroom was decent (no frills, but a larger shower and tons of extra amenities around--never happens, right?). Dust off your old ethernet cords!!!(hotel offers ethernet, but wifi is only available in certain areas). I very much enjoyed the Victorian room(especially its toned down decor) and slept like a king in its bed.

The library/lobby: is your personal kitchen and library, including books, magazines, travel inspirations. Additionally, the staff here is prompt and very helpful(a plumber was called w/o hesitation right when I mentioned an odd furnace in my room). Breakfast includes scrumptious pastries, hot water/tea, fresh fruits, juices and (I think) coffee.

The area: I generally dislike Chelsea, but I love its central location. The Inn is perfectly situated for cheap taxi rides Anywhere! Great subways(often more $) are also nearby(including right up to most broadway/off-broadway shows). The hotel is semi-close to the amazing shopping in Soho(check out Vince, if you're a man who needs pants... heaven!). Cheap gym or two w/in 1/4 mile on 23rd.

For food, I highly recommend going to East Village/ 2nd Ave, where this reviewer grew up, and enjoying endless amazing restaurants there on St. Mark's Place, especially if you need a NYC ethnic food fix(there's also up and down Columbus and Amsterdam up around the 70s). I highly recommend Ports Coffee over Joe the Art of Coffee; there's also Eataly and Patsy's Pizzeria; Lenny's for to-die-for(literally) ruebens; Chelsea Market for amazing breads(and amazing fruit tarts at the bakery before Amy's Breads).

I would definitely stay here for any extended stay in NYC, because hotels are like golddiggers -- not to be tolerated for too long :-) For the price(~ $200) and the spaciousness, how could I not give The Inn 5 stars!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This litle Inn on 23rd street in NYc is very comfortable. The staph is helpfull and nice.
We just stayed for a week with our 2 children in the Suite, room 51. Large living room and double bedroom, good with space for 4. Personal and comfortable. The breakfast is good and exactely what you need before starting a long day of touristing in NYc. The location on 23 rd street is great, all major Subways have stops on this street. The Inn has a many Membercards to the most popular museums, these are free to borrow for the Inns guest. What a bonus to pass all lines!
We would never stay in any other hotel if we return to Nyc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hollywood, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Inn on 23rd in October 2012. My room was on the top floor, so it had really cool sky lights, exposed brick, and was also very spacious. My colleagues had 2 other rooms on the same floor and each one was unique in terms of layout, but all were spacious with cool architectural elements. The lobby and lounge area are very comfortable. They serve a very nice breakfast (hot and cold entrees), and in the evening you can enjoy wine and snacks. One of the evenings I returned to the Inn, I was greeted by the resident cat (name escapes me right now); a very sweet and charming surprise. I had dinner at the Guilty Goose (attached restaurant), which was excellent (although very few vegetarian options). As a final note, the service was also excellent - very hospitable, efficient, and welcoming. This will be my first choice for lodging the next time I have a trip to NY.

Room Tip: As I state in my review, I loved my room on the top floor with the sky lights.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The entire establishment is fabulous. From check-in to check-out, our family was well cared for. The room was extra roomy and exceptionally clean and tidy. The Breakfast and Wine and Cheese on Friday and Saturday were well stocked with great options. We were given great tips to and from each event we planned. We loved it and have vowed to only stay at the Inn on 23rd in the future. Excellent!

Room Tip: Ask the staff and they will provide. Our room had no noise and we had a view of the beautiful staine...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
wherever
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I went to the Goose to meet some friends on a recent visit to Manhattan. Ken was our bartender and helped us try some great beers. Before we knew it we were having a great time and just laughing. Tried the chicken pot pie and a Reuben and great frites. Just good stuff.
Hadn't decided where to stay for the night and after comparing some prices at other options decided to try the Inn. Room was spacious, clean and quiet. Plus got out of the city super quick in the am.
Thanks to Ken and all the folks at the Ion23rd.... will be going back again for sure, this is a great find.

• Stayed December 2012
arlington, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Three of my girlfriends and I stayed in two rooms last week to see the Christmas decorations and a play. Couldn't have been any better. Short walk from Penn Station, just down the street from Eataly, and the rooms were good sized and very clean. Staff couldn't have been any friendlier or helpful, and breakfast was great. Also enjoyed the honor bar and the house cat!
Would definitely stay again, and will bring my husband for a romantic weekend this spring.

Room Tip: Room 41 has a fun, city view. Room 44 is very big and very quiet at the back of the Inn.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Inn on 23rd? Share your experiences!