“Warm and Welcome - Old Style” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brandy Library

Brandy Library
25 North Moore Street, New York City, NY 10013 (TriBeCa)
212.226.5545
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Zurich
“Warm and Welcome - Old Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have started our Saturday night at this lovey place. The atmosphere is warm and welcome and there are a lot of whiskeys and brandys for whiskey lovers – nicely displayed in the walls. We have been placed at the bar since we had no reservation but if you have one there are nice leather couches. The dark wood and the light gives the room an elegant atmosphere that puts you back in the time where gentlemen’s had their whiskeys after dinner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Moss, Norway
“I want to come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were taken there by a colleague and her husband. Outside looked not interresting at all -just a plain door that could have lead in to any room/house ..but WAT at place that we came in to. Nice dimmed lights, all the walls covered with shelves with not books in it but brandy (hence the name brandy library of course). We sat down and got the 'menu' for drinks (we were not going to eat anything) and now I had to choose. Don't drink alcohol that often so didn't know what to take. From what I told the waiter that I liked he recommended me a drink and it was a good choise. Stayed there for an hour and I didn't experience any unkindness from the staff or that we had to talk loud because of noice. No, the place was nice -a bit could maybe (that's my only little negative 'thing I can tell) and the music was good (jazz).
No dresscode, a place for those who wants to sit and talk with friends/loved ones and of couse have a drink...or two :)

New York City, New York
“The most arrogant place in the city. Avoid at. Every cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went there tonight after dinner . The most arrogant staff I have ever experienced in NYC. And I live here. Don't go under any circumstances.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Johnsburg, New York
“what a delightful find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

A very pleasant ambiance in a library setting, where the books have been replaced by bottles of brandy, cognac, whiskey, tequila, rum,etc. Food is good and appropriate for the setting. A place to come back to when you do not have to drive and get an education.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

What an unforgettable expierience! The hostess, Leigh-Anne Asked for my guest's names and then greeted them personally @ the door. How she knows who is with which party is still a Mystery to all of us but it set the tone for a wonderful evening!
Joel was so entertaining & knowledgable that the night planned for several locations remained here.

• 4 of 5 stars Food