“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #371 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Dessert, Tapas, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 5th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: B, D, F, V, N, Q, R & W trains to 34th Street/Herald Square, 1, 2 & 3 trains to 34th Street/Penn Station, and 6 to 33rd Street. M4, M16, M34 & Q32 buses to West 31st Street & 5th Avenue.
Description: Enjoy Our Outdoor Dining! Savory cheese and Jacques Torres chocolate truffles! Full menu of salads, paninis and more. Ultimate in Flavor & Style; Private Parties at the Best Wine Bar in NYC. The proprietors of AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar are committed to providing an impeccable, first-class dining experience through their unique menu, coupled with a selection of over 90 fine wines and champagnes from all over the world. AYZA Wine & Chocolate bar, offers its patrons finest food and wines in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere, in which to dine, meet friends, or have drinks after work. Ayza is nearby Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, Empire State Building, Broadway Show Theater in New York City. French, Mediterranean, Italian Restaurants. Dining at chocolate and wine bar in Times Square. Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar will be within walking distance of Broadway’s Theater District, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden.
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Spent an evening here. Decent bottle of Chablis, and some nice bits to eat. My kids loved the Chocolate Pizza.

Sat outside, under cover and we had a sudden downpour. So would recommend you watch the weather... I got a little wet but not a major problem.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Setauket, New York
“Best things come in small packages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite spots in NYC!! The wine bar is small and intimate! The wine selections are fabulous and I love their food and dessert. I have been here approximately 10 times and the service has ways been A+. Great great spot!!

• Visited June 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great spot for a cozy, romantic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'm sure there are other wine and chocolate bars around, but this was the first I have been to and to me, it was all very special and different. I was all set for a romantic evening and this place did not disappoint. We were seated outside on a warm (but not too hot) summer evening at a table for two. (We had made a reservation.) We started with a 3-cheese platter and were pleased with the amount of cheese (and bread) that we received. It rather filled us up! I had read about "small portions" here so was surprised by the regular-sized panini that I then ordered (which came with a side salad). I couldn't finish it! (After all, I had to leave room for dessert.) We chose some chocolates for dessert and they were all tasty...especially the 80% Dark Chocolate by Jacques Torres. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention that I had an Almond Chocolate Martini, which was topped with slivered almonds and chocolate shavings. Yummy! I enjoyed both the atmosphere and the service here. If we find ourselves in NY again, I think we will return!

Weston, Connecticut
“Simply perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Right next door to our hotel, and just right for what we wanted. A really great table out doors, nice drink (pear martini was divine), tasty light appetizer for meal, and incredible dessert (creme brulee / crepe layer cake). The sweetest waitress of the entire weekend visit in the City. I hope anyone who visits NYC will try this place, it is a great endorsement of what the NYC has to offer for social/culinary delights!

New York City, New York
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am not exactly sure how I found this place, but I decided this was the place that I wanted to take my girlfriend for our anniversary. Food plus chocolate sounded pretty good. I booked a table, in advance, just in case the place got over-crowded. There are two locations, I picked the midtown one. I also mentioned in my email to book a table, that since it was our anniversary, if we could get the table set up with candlelight and rose petals, on offer that is made for couples night, which is usually sunday. We went on a saturday, and they honored my request, which was pretty cool.

The place itself, seemed a little smaller than I had thought it would be, but it was okay. Sort of made it cozy. The place wasn't full and they have indoor and outdoor seating. Since I asked for the rose petals + candlelight, we were seated indoors, which was good since it was really hot outside. There was a chair on one side, similar to a bar stool and a couch on the other. Kind of similar to if you sat at the bar, which they also have. Our table was next to the wall, so it did seem a little cramped.

We arrived 15 minutes earlier than our reservation and were seated right away. We were then given complimentary glasses of champagne, which was a nice touch. We also received 2 chocolate-liquor shots, which tasted sweet. We already had an idea of what we were going to order, because we had looked at their menu's online. We split the White Truffle Pizza, which was tasty and cheesy. It was like a thin crust personal pie and we both enjoyed it. Next, she ordered the Pasta Radiatore with mozzarella cheese, while I had the Medallions of Filet Mignon with Arugula and Prommes Gratin. The waitress suggested ordering it medium since the medallions (3 in total) are on the small side, and well-done would make them too dry. I listened to her advice and they came out very flavorful. The pasta was a good portion as well. For dessert, we ordered the Belgian Chocolate Strawberries (also 3) and they were fresh and tasty. We were also then brought out a mini-tray of 4 chocolates to sample. They each had different names, but pretty much all tasted like dark chocolate. Our waitress, I do not remember her giving her name although my girlfriend thinks Jessica, was very attentive and helpful.

Overall, I would say this was a nice little place to get some chocolate-infused desserts or to bring a date. The portions are on the small side but everything tasted good. The service was really good, although at one point towards the end of the meal, it appeared as though the restaurant shut off the air-conditioning. I asked the waitress about it, she said she would ask, and then nothing. It did not come back on, nor did she say anything about it. Since it was towards the end of our stay, it was not a huge issue.

I would like to visit their other location, just to see if there is any different. Maybe try a chocolate martini...or two.

• Visited June 2013