“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yerba Buena

Yerba Buena
23 Avenue A, Frnt A, New York City, NY 10009-8102 (East Village)
212-529-2919
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Yerba Buena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #901 of 11,181 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 1st & 2nd Streets
Transit: F & V subway lines to 2nd Avenue.
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Although I live in NYC, I have never written a restaurant review on tripadvisor. I have only written on hotel experiences. However, my last experience at Yerba Buena was so amazing I felt I had to write a review. Of all the restaurants I have eaten at I have never seen an better and more attentive staff. Giovanny makes you feel as if you are having dinner in his home. The food is great, the drinks are fantastic and you do not want to leave when your meal is over. I have been there many times and I have never had a bad meal. The menu was recently changed and all the additions were outstanding. I cannot say enough good things about Yerba Buena.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York, New York, United States
“Great Food, Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went to this restaurant with about 20 of my co-workers and we had a great time. The Manager, Jovanny was so great, he accommodated us and created a special "pre fixe" menu to meet our budget. From the moment we worked in, we were treated like celebrity by the staff. The food was very tasty, everything we ate was delicious. We liked it so much the first time we went that we went back a second tim and they did not disappointed. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends. If you ever go there, call Jovanny, the manager and he will take good care of you. And yes, you can say I recommended you

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wow, very impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked this reservation through another website that allowed is to get 30% off our bill. The restaurant is not in a great location and the atmosphere is just alright. Once you start ordering food and drink you forget about the location and lackluster atmosphere. The wine list is good and well priced. The guacamole appetizer was tasty and the cod was top notch. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. Overall I would come back again with or without the 30% off.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Alphabet City Gem (and we gray haired are also welcomed).”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Alphabet City in the East Village is the epicenter for lower east side youthful cool. As my wife and I live just north of East Village we frequently walk a few blocks into the area to see what is happening with the new generations. (We are in our 60's)Some of the area restaurants may be a bit strange to us but Pan Latin Yerba Buena is not. The youthful staff is welcoming and the food very good. My wife likes the Roast Pig dishes and I prefer the Highly spiced and sauced fish specialties. This makes for a problem when choosing the wine but the staff can bring you white or red by the glass. It's a happy fun place with Mexican Music during the week.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent ,meal and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We came here for Restaurant Week and had an excellent meal. We began with the beet and spinach salad and a pair of crispy shrimp empanadas. I had the seafood stew as my main dish – it featured fluke as well as shrimp and other shell fish. Because my dining companion avoids red meat, she opted for a second appetizer, tuna tartare served on a "potato salad" that was much more like mashed potatoes; the potatoes were too spicy for her taste, but I liked them. I had the coconut mousse for dessert — more of a cake, I thought— and my companion chose an off-menu selection, the chocolate souffle. I thought it was quite good — almost as good as the flourless chocolate souffle that I make at home from time to time.

• Visited January 2013