“don't book it! it's a ripe off this place doesn't exist, Our family of four was sent to another location 73rd street 9th” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Central Park House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Central Park House
25 W. 83rd Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #417 of 451 hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very disappointing as this Central Park House doesn't exist, we were transferred to another site at 73rd street 9thWest. Nothing like the picture. Television didn't work, gave up. When arriving at the desk 2 other couples were complainning about hot water, heating. We were missing a blind in the lounge area to sleep in no heating on and off all night. Very disappointing next time will book through a travel agent.,

Room Tip: don't stay here unless you want to waste your money, pay the extra. This place didn't exist...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Radnor, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I can't begin to guess felipeplaza's standards. This may be the worst hotel I've ever experienced. Filthy, broken, smelly, overpriced. Disgusting at any price -- outrageous for what we paid.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Walnut Creek, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We arrived during a torrential rain storm. There was no cover at the front door where we had to buzz in. The person on the buzzer said my card had been declined. I had to plead with her to be allowed to get in out of the rain so I could give her another card. I gave the same card and this time it went through.
While we stood in the entry hall, a couple coming down the stairs said "good luck!". When we entered we saw what he meant. The window was leaking and there was a brownish puddle on the sill. running down the wall. There was some kind of stain on the bedroom curtains that looked like dried blood. The bed was a thin mat on what looked like a camp cot! We were only staying 1 night so we though we'd just watch tv and go to sleep. The tv only faced the kitchen sink and could not be seen from the sofa (which was filthy) Only a few stations available, half in Spanish. The walls looked like someone had been kicking then with black soled shoes.
Needless to say we checked out that same hour. We were willing to face a biblical storm to find a new place rather than stay there!!! Oh yeah good location if you don't care about your health

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

excelent hotel,apartment, in very nice area and ship price

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010 via mobile

I stayed here at the start of the year with some friends, the matress was lumpy and the toilet was broken so we had to use the one in the lobby, the staff were very unfriendly and refused to help when my husband got creamed by a bus outside, the room overall was dirty and in bad shape, i would not reccomend this place.

• Stayed December 2009
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

Stayed three nights. Looks just like the photos. Very IKEA-ish decor. Everything very clean except the woodwork around doorknobs needed attention. Fully equipped kitchen. Comfortable bed, we asked for an extra blanket and got one right away. I would have been nice to have more towels though. Remember this is not a hotel! No one makes the bed, etc. Beautiful neighborhood, yards from the park, one block from subway, two blocks to Museum of Natural History. Couch folds out, my 20-something friend chose to sleep on the couch rather than fold it out, and was comfortable. Ottoman also folds out to single bed, but it didn't look comfortable. We opted to either put that cot mattress on the floor or have my 12 year old sleep with me in the queen bed. He ended up with me. Room was very quiet. Tall windows with no view , but they opened to get a nice breeze.

Travelocity lost our reservation and even though I had a confirmed reservation, the number I called to check in (no one on-site, you get buzzed in) had no record of it. They were very apologetic and accommodating. I suggest calling the hotel number on your Travelocity reservation confirmation and re-confirm with the hotel staff!

I would stay there again, especially if I was doing a lot of sightseeing/museums uptown. Other folks staying there were friendly. We stayed in 2R. Be prepared to wake up whenever the folks above you get up because the floors are hardwood. Luckily we all got up about the same time.
Great restaurants and shopping all around!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I have never reviewed anyone online but I think that people should know about this place. We were a family travelling with young children so thought that the apartment style was a great option. The fold out bed was BROKEN and although we called them (the service number NEVER answered until the reservation desk connected us so that line is being screened by the apartment manager- we left 5 answerphone messages over 4 days and NEVER got a reply from them), The bed was never fixed so the children slept on a mattress on the floor. They didn't provide enough towels, pillows and linen when we arrived (although our reservation clearly stated the number of people) and after ringing they turned up minus the pillows. The person dropping them off just said someone could bring them tomorrow, so the kids shared a pillow on the first night.
The final straw was on the second night when the poilce came and broke up a party on the 4th floor- of at least 75 people, who had been filing past our door on a noisy and narrow stairwell (no elevators). They had also been outside our window on the street and their conversations were lewd and offensive.
I can accept that that it was a bit of bad luck for us and these things happen except that any contact I have made to them has now gone unanswered AND you prepay, so when we were ready to leave after night number 2 we would have lost our money. At that time the only advice the reservation desk could give us was to contact them after our stay- which we have done, but as I have said they have our money so why bother communicating with us.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Central Park House? Share your experiences!