“Great food! Bad Service!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 50th Street

Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 50th Street
135 West 50th Street, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
(212) 957-5050
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 50th Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,821 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 50th Street (Between 6th & 7th)
Transit: 49th - 50th Streets - Rockefeller Center
New Jersey
“Great food! Bad Service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Rushed into trying this place by our hotel concierge due to its location to the theater district. Place had a nice feel and was busy of course it was a Saturday night. Only waited 5 minutes with a reservation. However when we were seated our waiter started off rude, rushed and had a nonchalant attitude. My drink was wrong and sent back, my sister n laws steak was wrong and sent back, waiter only checked on us once and complained he had worked double shifts. Also, hubby was brought the wrong plate and when he said it wasn't what he ordered they literally snatched the plate and flopped it on the table across from us. I still remember the horror on my husbands face. Lastly, it took an hour for our meal to arrive but most of all we didn't see or hear from our waiter again until my brother n law called for the check. Food was good but I will not be visiting this place again.

Visited December 2013

Toms River, New Jersey
“Show place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We go to Bobby Vans once a year after we attend the Radio City Christmas show. It is a bit pricey, but it is NY. The food never disappoints and the service is second to none. If you are on W 50th near 6th Ave give them a try.

Visited November 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Yummy, and very accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

On a business trip, my coworkers and I went to Bobby Van's which was referred to from a friend. This food was great, and the atmosphere was even better. The hustle and bustle of the restaurant was actually quite exciting (most of the time I want a quite place). This place has old New York style, even the bartenders wear the old smocks. We made reservations, which I suggest you do. And go for dinner... have a drink and relax at the bar for a while before sitting. It's just that kinda place. PS. I got the New York Strip which was AMAZING. I recommend the Lox appetizer and the crab cake appetizer to start.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Readington, New Jersey
“Not bad...but I'm not rushing back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Met some old friends at Bobby Van's on West 50th in NYC on Saturday night.
The place was nice...and the food was good, but the service was a bit disappointing. We were seated a good half hour or more before we got drinks. Another hour went by before our dinner came out. For the price - I just expect the service to be on top of their game. Definitely not worth the 20% gratuity they added to our bill.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rotonda West, Florida
“When you are in a steakhouse order steak.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were in Vans on Friday the 29th. The steaks were absolutely great. One of our party ordered the special rib eye that evening and I swear it came from a Brontosauras; $80 steak but worth every penny. Don't order the lemon roasted chicken; it was dry and overcooked. The lobster mac and cheese was also impressive. I loved the bread and the wine we selected for dinner also. The service was very slow, but we were not in a hurry.

• Visited November 2013