“Good hotel, the location could be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eurostars Wall Street

You added Eurostars Wall Street to your Saves list
Eurostars Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   129 Front St, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Ranked #351 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Malmo, Sweden
“Good hotel, the location could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

If its your first time in New York, i will recommend you to stay in another part of Manhattan. The location is a bit boring since its in the financial district. A hotel closer to Times square or around 34th street would be more fun because everything is in walking distance. The hotel was fine though, clean, good service and the rooms were okay! Not 4 star okay though!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Slovak first
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This place advertises as a 4 star property. NEVER in a million years would this be 4 star quality. I have had better experiences at a Holiday Inn. First off, my company paid 2300 bucks for 8 nights. Right when you walk in the lobby, you can tell its cheap. They offer you a glass of wine and talk it all up but you can just look at the floor, walls, etc and tell its all cheap crap. Then the elevator buttons have smear marks all over the buttons... elevator is all dingy and wobbly and dirty.. food on the floor.. dirt, etc. Once you get to your room, you are immediately NOT impressed with the rooms amenities. Small tv, HARD beads, hand/window air units, the ironing board.. god I will never get over it. Totally stained, ripped and the iron itself was like a 10 dollar walmart iron. The mirrors and "fancy decor" all IKEA. Bathrooms? Horrible caulking, cheap flooring, damaged and dingy doors, chips out of the paint everywhere, etc. Bathrooms in the "lounge" ... no hand soap.. REALLY, no soap. I called down to ask if they had a better room because the bed was hard the guy was RUDE and said "uh no, and its all like that in every room". No real service, no real amenities, and a dirty dingy hotel. D O N O T waste 2-3 hundred a night on this dump. Lets just say their website is a photo shop dreamland...it all looks good but in person, YOU DONT LOOK LIKE YOUR PICS!

Room Tip: Ya, don't choose one here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Glenwood, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I thought it was a great hotel! The rooms were huge and very comfortable. The staff at the front desk was wonderful. They were willing to help with anything. One even ran out to try to help us flag a cab. The maids were very friendly and helpful. I thought it was a great hotel in a nice area with very reasonable prices. I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The rooms were nice, the location great.We stayed for the Bike Tour NY. I can't say enough about the help at the front desk.All desk clerks went out of their way to help no matter what the question. They even offered help at various times before we asked. Marc was especially good, always going the extra mile. The rooms were nice and clean. We were upgraded to a suite by the front desk since we arrived before check in time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

What a terrible hotel. Old, shabby rooms, dead service and ambiance. Priced like a mid price hotel, but everything else is like a shabby student dive. Only good point is the location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I think a lot of people have covered majority of the issues that I have with this hotel so I'll try not to go on. I was staying in room 408, which was right at the back, the windows were looking out into the middle of the hotel so it was dark in the room all the time.

Also being in this room there was some sort of generator outside which made too much noise for my liking, with the windows shut I could still hear a murmur. The carpet was not really carpet but I walked around bare foot for a while and my feet were black (my carpet at home doesnt do that).

The showerhead had limescale on it and was not very powerful which has to be a first for one of the hotels that I've stayed in. The bath should've been white and wasnt it looked like someone had done a poor job of cleaning it. Also my complimentary shower gel wasnt replaced on a daily basis... I dont understand this when it should've been.

There was a fridge in the room which was quite noisy as well and I'm a light sleeper not great. I put the ironing board up on the first day and it was put away but on the second day when I came back from work the ironing board wasnt put away, I would normally do it myself but I didnt know how to with this ironing board...

It was also a bit chilly in this room and the blanket was quite thin, I didnt complain on the first 4 days but when I did complain I was told the heater was central and had to be turned on the next day so I was given an extra blanket then when I went the next day I was told that it wouldnt be turned on and they gave me a little electric heater (which I did ask for the night before but was told that the hotel didnt have one).

My work had paid for this hotel so I guess it was not such a great loss for me but I would rather pay a little extra and stay at the Andaz not far from here, it would make such a big difference...

On a positive note, the hotel staff were really friendly and always ready to assist!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less A/C unit noise, apparently there are rooms (according to previous reviews) wi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Eurostars Wall Street? Share your experiences!