“Warning Warning Warning Warning Warning Warning” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Third Ave House
You added Third Ave House to your Saves list
215 East 81ST, New York City, NY 10028-2625 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #385 of 455 Hotels in New York City
AUSTRALIA
“Warning Warning Warning Warning Warning Warning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

BE VERY CAREFUL, this place is managed by con artists, they charge your card without permission so please cover yourself, they do nothing to assist you and leave you high and dry when you need help most.. I was moved to this place from their even worse property TEMPO and put in a place where the lock on the door would not let me open it, the internet did not work, the toilet was blocked all the time, and most of all in the middle of winter it HAD NO HEATING, they did nothing except make my time in NEW YORK a misery. They moved me from over four apartments and were like terrorists in the way they did business, The staff were just plan unhelpful always telling you to write to anna well anna hardly replies.... One night i came back from the theatre and was locked out again at 2am i had to get a locksmith to open the door, i only now after two months have got that money credited. They still owe me for my deposit and refuse to offer any compensation for my stay. It is disgusting and be very very careful unless you want your holiday or business trip totally stuffed up. I ended up sick after no heating and had a terrible time in my time in new york thanks to them. Another good one is I was to move from Tempo on Chirstmas Day and they made a mistake so I had packed up and then had to wait at TEMPO to work out where i was to go, they then lied about the rooms there being available saying mine was booked then for a twenty dollars extra suddenly it was available again by them FULL ON. Happy Christmas, then the next day they send me to Third Avenue House, no one there knewq about me no keys nothing and i had to wait for three hours outside on boxing day for a cleaner to be sent from TEMPO to open my room without heat and no intercom, no phone, no tv, no internet NOTHING. THEN TO MAKE IT WORSE NO ONE BOTHERED TO TELL ME OF THE CODE TO GET IN AND OUT OF THE BUILDING SO WHEN I LEFT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SNOWY NIGHT TO GO TO DRUG STORE I CAME BACK TO FIND I WAS LOCKED OUT IN THE SNOW ON THE STREET WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO COME HOME TO HOPEFULLY HELP ME IN, I WAITED FOR TWO HOURS.... BE VERY CAREFUL, WE ARE NOW GOING TO MOUNT A CASE AGAINST THEM TO PROTECT OTHERS AS THEY STILL REFUSE TO COMPENSATE ME EXCEPT FOR 20% OFF MY NEXT STAY.... YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING AS IF ONE WOULD STAY AGAIN

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Couples
atl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Let me preface my review by saying that the rooms are absolutely beautiful and HUGE! and that the guys at the front are awesome! Now the bad news...I booked my room directly through woogo.com and had no idea that the week I was staying there was their grand opening. One might think this would be nice, but in fact it was the opposite. First of all, I paid over 400 dollars a night for this "four star" luxury apartment. When we arrived there were no trashcans, no alarm clocks, no towels, no tissue, and no extra linens. We asked for at least a trash can on Monday. We got one on Thursday. Our towels were dirty (one had a black hand print on it.) Our bed linens came straight out of the wrapper--Yes I actually saw them making the beds with a stack of the freshly purchased sheets and duvet covers. I sent an email to woogo and asked that they compensate me because I expected to at least have a trash can for $400.00 bucks. They offered me a discount on my next stay, but never actually gave it to me. Their customer service is HORRIBLE!! If you call with a problem they will tell you to email Anna. Anna will never respond, never email you back, and is some how never available. When I got my credit card they had mysteriously charged me an extra $9.00 separately from my original charge with no explanation. When I called to ask about this I was told to contact Anna. Shocking! I had to throw a fit in order to have them refund my money.
So then there is the second nightmare...As I stated above they told me they would give me a discount for my next stay. Since the place was so nice I thought why not? Well I booked through hotels.com this time because their reservations never answered the phone and never emailed me back. I got a great rate through hotels.com but then woogo wouldn't give me the discount because I didn't book through them. Also, when I checked in they gave me the wrong room, which was a smaller less expensive room. They then called me mid week and asked me to switch rooms which I did, but under the condition they would only charge me the lesser price. Of course, that did not happen. That story is for another review, but the bottom line was I did not get the discount they promised, I was still charged for the more expensive room the second time around, and I'm still not sure those sheets were ever washed!

• Liked — location and size
  • Disliked — customer service, price, and SOOO NOISY!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Third Ave House? Share your experiences!