“Lovely place Horrible customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Third Ave House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Third Ave House
You added Third Ave House to your Saves list
215 East 81ST, New York City, NY 10028-2625 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #386 of 459 Hotels in New York City
atl
“Lovely place Horrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Let me preface my review by saying that the rooms are absolutely beautiful and HUGE! and that the guys at the front are awesome! Now the bad news...I booked my room directly through woogo.com and had no idea that the week I was staying there was their grand opening. One might think this would be nice, but in fact it was the opposite. First of all, I paid over 400 dollars a night for this "four star" luxury apartment. When we arrived there were no trashcans, no alarm clocks, no towels, no tissue, and no extra linens. We asked for at least a trash can on Monday. We got one on Thursday. Our towels were dirty (one had a black hand print on it.) Our bed linens came straight out of the wrapper--Yes I actually saw them making the beds with a stack of the freshly purchased sheets and duvet covers. I sent an email to woogo and asked that they compensate me because I expected to at least have a trash can for $400.00 bucks. They offered me a discount on my next stay, but never actually gave it to me. Their customer service is HORRIBLE!! If you call with a problem they will tell you to email Anna. Anna will never respond, never email you back, and is some how never available. When I got my credit card they had mysteriously charged me an extra $9.00 separately from my original charge with no explanation. When I called to ask about this I was told to contact Anna. Shocking! I had to throw a fit in order to have them refund my money.
So then there is the second nightmare...As I stated above they told me they would give me a discount for my next stay. Since the place was so nice I thought why not? Well I booked through hotels.com this time because their reservations never answered the phone and never emailed me back. I got a great rate through hotels.com but then woogo wouldn't give me the discount because I didn't book through them. Also, when I checked in they gave me the wrong room, which was a smaller less expensive room. They then called me mid week and asked me to switch rooms which I did, but under the condition they would only charge me the lesser price. Of course, that did not happen. That story is for another review, but the bottom line was I did not get the discount they promised, I was still charged for the more expensive room the second time around, and I'm still not sure those sheets were ever washed!

• Liked — location and size
  • Disliked — customer service, price, and SOOO NOISY!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Couples

Been to Third Ave House? Share your experiences!