“Fantastic hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Booking.com Orbitz.com
Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   653 11th Avenue at 48th, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Love to Drive
Ranked #58 of 447 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Hotel staff were very helpful and were fantastic with my pre-visit request. On check in the reception staff were extremely helpful with local knowledge and places to visit. The hotel is located approx 10-15 minutes walk from key landmarks including Times Square so close enough to walk but slightly quieter at night, in the city that never sleeps! The room was spacious, cleaned to a very high standard and tastefully decorated. Would recommend if looking for a hotel just outside the main areas.

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Hello,

I am glad to read you had a great time with us and we surpassed all your expectations. I truly hope to welcome you back to INK48 in the near future.

1,744 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
St Martins, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent, starting from door staff and finishing with housekeeping. Special thanks to receptionist Stephen and housekeeper Miu. Our room was on 15th floor nr 1502- very large room, breathtaking view to city, and very clean.Unfortunately didn't had a time to visit upstairs bar or restaurant, just lack of time.... Thank you Ink48 for making my and my wife's holidays so special!!!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hi there,

Thank You kindly for your kind words, I will certainly share the feedback with the team!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Didier
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We got an ok room with a limited view. Upgrades were pricey and as frequent kimpton stayer was not comped an upgrade. Not the best Kimpton in the city.Not in the nicest location and was not that cheap for a weekend either. The happy hour had ok wines, a rather busy spot right by the elevators so not a real cosy place to sit. The bar up top however was fantastic with great views- its not owned by hotel, so you cannot charge to your room.

Room Tip: i guess the suites are the way to go--
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Tgio,
Sorry we missed the mark on your recent stay with us. We are a little bit away from the hustle and bustle but not too far away. Glad you were able to enjoy the fantastic view of Press Lounge. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've stayed here twice and have nothing bad to say about it... we arrived to complimentary wine. im allergic to feathers and they upgraded us to a hypoallergenic room. the staff was very helpful. the location isnt so close to everything which is kind of nice. the linens were clean which is important to me. and bathrooms were immaculate (i took a bath) all in all wonderufl experience AGAIN

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear alfur810,

Thank you for being a loyal guest. it does feel great to arrive somewhere to a glass of wine.I'll make sure to pass on tyour comments about the clealiness of the rooms and helpful staff. We love having a little distance(not too much) from busyness of the city.

Hope to see you soon!
Portsmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I'm quite a harsh marker of places I stay and part of me could easily have given this hotel 5 out of 5.

Interior - Fabulous. From entry to exit, the hotel is gorgeous.
The Hudson Suite that I had was huge, with floor to ceiling glass which showed the famous old river in all it's magnificance.
The Bathroom was so big, it verged on decadent. The bath so deep you could float.
The service was excellent, always prompt and professional.
And it's a groovy place! The little touches which add personality are really nice. Even the free wine at 5pm was better than you would normally get at that sort of session.
Location - perfect. Away from the noise of the centre and with only a 10 minute walk required, it feels like a proper oasis away from the hysterical vibe that is Central Manhattan.

The view from the rooftop bar is spectacular and adding plentiful supplies of blankets to the area meant you never got cold - even in sub zero temperatures 16 floors up.

So - the odd few things which scored this place down.

They seem to have an odd commercial arrangement with the people who run the breakfast and top floor bar areas. As a default, you don't get a kettle or drinks making facility in your room. However, on request, a coffee maker was provided with pods for a days worth of coffee which were replenished on request. However, coffee makers do not boil the water enough for tea of any sort. And on my final morning, the coffee ran out. I went to the breakfast area and asked for some coffee as reception was rammed with check-outs. But rather than give me a caffetiere, because I was taking it to my room and because "they are not part of the hotel" I was given coffee in 2 take away cups and an attempt of sorts was made to charge me $10. Forget it. I went over the road, got better coffee for $3 and put it down to an error of judgement by the junior breakfast staffer. However, reception re-affirmed that they were an autonomous company and would not allow their coffee stuff to be taken away from the area. A particularly dump thing to be explaining to someone spending $350 a night. What was I going to do with it - smuggle a $10 caffetiere back to England?

Ditto odd commercial setup with the bar at the top of the hotel. No charging to rooms even though my room was just a few floors below. So I had to go back to my room to get my wallet even though I had settled into the evening with my friends.

Minor things of course, but when I gave feedback (on request) to the senior at reception at check out, he started on about "ever since 9/11".... at which point I stopped him to avoid a nonsense conversation starting up. I worked in NYC for over 2 years and the only thing which 9/11 did when it comes to charging drinks to your room, is give people with little influence to change things, a semi-plausible excuse to use.

Lastly, because it was such a special occasion, I tried to upgrade from the Hudson Suite to one of the 2 really expensive suites with a balcony. This proved virtually impossible as the chap answering emails (when he eventually did) was really aloof about the process to do this, the cost of doing so and the actual benefit of the other suite. Nothing of significance appears on line about these 2 suites - but they do exist!!

However, I'd recommend this place and would stay there again - perhaps on someone elses budget next time though!!

Dear WatfordPete,

Thank you so much for all the positive feedback! One of my favorite room types is a Hudson Suite. The views are just spectacular and the bathrooms are HUGE (almost another room in itself). I do agree with how great it is that we are not right in the center of all the electricity of the city. It is a nice walk to Times Square and a nice walk back to a little peace.
On the other hand, wish the experience with the restaurant/bar would have been a little different. We will do our best to communicate more on the operation.
Hope to see you soon!
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It was our first trip to New York, our four son's treated us to five nights here for my wife's 50th Birthday.
Ink48 was a great Hotel well positioned and with easy walking distance of Time Square.
The room was very nice with a good view of the Hudson.
We would definitely recommend this Hotel we had a fantastic time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Martin C,

It sounds like your wife's 50th was fantastic and we are happy your sons choose us for such a special occasion. Thank you for the nice review and hope to see you again if you are ever in New York City again.
Llandrindod Wells, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

After 16 hours of travelling from Wales (UK) we arrived at the hotel, our first impressions were that the lobby and bar area were very modern and clean. The staff at reception were pleasant and quickly checked us in, we were however surprised with the 100 dollar per day deposit. The room was lovely, with a great view! We were however disappointed that we didn't have a bath in our room, as after the long journey travelling this was something we were very much looking forward to.

The staff at reception were very helpful in finding us somewhere lovely for Christmas lunch, and with any other questions we had about the city. The roof top bar is a must, the manager is absolutely lovely and views are amazing. The drinks however are extremely expensive for what you get, even compared to London prices. We paid $27 for two drinks in plastic cups.This did put us off staying for long and returning.

Our time in NewYork was amazing, and will be one we will never forget, as a few days into our trip we got engaged. My fiancée did mention this to staff, but we didn't receive anything in congratulations.

Our room door made noises throughout the night, and whenever you went to open it you got a small electric shock.

The hotel is in a great location being a small walk from everything, we only took the subway once!

All in all it was a nice hotel and would recommend.

Dear Sophie J,

Let me start by congratulating you from the Ink 48 family on your recent engagement. You definitely seemed to have had a wonderful Christmas.
Sorry to hear we missed the mark in some areas but great to hear that you had a good overall stay.

Hope to see you again if you are ever in the New York City area again!

Been to Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!