“A Christmas never to be forgotten” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   653 11th Avenue at 48th, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Love to Drive
Ranked #69 of 449 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A Christmas never to be forgotten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I booked this trip for my daughter's 18th birthday. After a long and tiring trip we arrived at Ink48 and were greeted by extremely friendly helpful staff. My daughter was ill from flying so we were checked in at great speed so that we could get to our room as she was still poorly.
Our room was on the 14th floor with a fab view of the Hudson and the USS Intrepid.
Shortly after arriving there was a knock at the door and I was presented with a hand written 'Welcome to Ink48' card and a bottle of red wine.
On our way out later that evening, I asked if I could exchange my wine for a bottle of white and I also mentioned the 'secret password' for December. On returning to our room there was a bottle of white wine chilling in a bucket of ice along with a bowl of M&Ms and a bag of gummy bears
Staff were extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them.
The views from the rooftop bar were stunning.
Even though I was apprehensive about how far away from the hustle and bustle of NYC the hotel was, I would definitely recommend this.
We had a fantastic time guys, thank you for everything

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Happy Blated to your daughter - we are happy we got to celebrate with you! Thank you so much for all the positive feedback. Anything to make our guests comfortable.

Hope we will see you on your future travels!

1,825 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Chisinau, Moldova
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Absolutely amazing!!!!
Loved everyhig here! View is breathtaking! To die for honestly! Esp at night! Music is just crazy really goood!! Danced all night! We were there for new years eve and had a great great time! Must must must see this place!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Olitza B,

We are flattered by your review! Thank you for all the positive feedback. The views at night ARE amazing!
Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I have been interested in getting to know NYC from virtually scratch for some time, now. We've lived in or near numerous cities up and down the East coast, so we're not metrophobic, we just sort of didn't know where to start and saw NYC as a major project. Well, we finally made our initial foray, with a two-day, one-night stop-off on the way back from Christmas in New England. We saw Phantom of the Opera (and loved it), and we stayed at Ink48. It was amazing to me that Hell's Kitchen can get so industrial toward the river, even as Broadway is just a few blocks away, but Ink48 is situated on the same block as a cab garage, a Verizon field office (lots of bucket trucks), and a horse stable for a carriage ride business. It was quirky and sort of fun to see some of the city's inner workings. We chose it in the first place for its relative affordability and for its pet policy, since we travel with our dog, and the location worked out beautifully for us considering those priorities. It was less than 10 minutes' causal walk from Broadway.

I should also say we were excited to stay at a Kimpton, which has a crazy good reputation for service. Here's the thing--the service was not only excellent, the people were warm and genuine. They greeted our dog happily, they highlighted some special things they do, such as the included wine hour, and they really seemed to want to help you relax. That was important to people like us, who might have been a little on edge from the drive, getting the dog situated, finding our way around a new place, etc. Now, in order to give a compliment I must first note that my wife and I waited for some time for bell service on our way out (in the same breath, I have to also mention we had no problem getting a complimentary late check-out in advance). However, unlike another hotel I recently reviewed, the Ink48 folks were quick to make amends by apologizing and cutting our valet fee in half. Great recovery.

The rooms are spacious, the city view is enticing, and the facilities are lovely all around. We had an excellent time and plan to return next year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We are certainly an OASIS, I am pleased to here that you had a great time with us, but what makes it even more pleasing is the warm and genuine service we were able to provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Big Apple in the near future.

Have a great day!
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I are on a quest to stay in every Kimpton Hotel because every time we stay at one we have such a nice experience. Ink48 was no exception. We arrived a little early and not only were we able to check in right away, but also we were upgraded. We went from the 6th floor to a fabulous room on the 17th floor. The views were amazing. Floor to ceiling windows!!! The room was comfy and the whole hotel was very stylish. The staff -- every one of them -- was professional, helpful, attentive and friendly. The location was a bit quirky but it added to the charm. Even as cold as it was the walk to Times Square and the rest of NYC was fine. Would definitely recommend this hotel...in fact, I already have!!!

Room Tip: The higher the better because the views from any side are excellent
Green Features: Impressed by the chains commitment to environmentally-friendly practices
Hello,

Many Thanks for your kind commnets. I will certtainly share with the team.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have stayed at Ink48 several times and undoubtedly, it is my favourite Kimpton property. The rooms are well equipped and comfortable, the staff, top notch and both the bar and restaurant surpass expectations.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Olimpia M, Front Office Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hello!

What an honor it is to be your favorite KIMPTON HOTEL, we will certainly work hard to maintain that ranking. Look forward to welcoming you back soon to INK48.

Stay warm this winter.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent a week at Ink48 on business, and as with all Kimptons it did not disappoint! The room was incredibly comfortable and very easy to settly into for the week, did not feel like I was living out of my suitcase. Unlike other hotels I have stayed out in NYC, I did not feel like I was staying in a closet, which is hard to do there.

I was able to come back in the evenings and be productive, food both room service and restaurant were spot on. The roof top bar is not be missed as the views are incredible and its a great way for a quick wind down.

While close to Times Square itrs far enough removed that you don't get the over flow of crowds and noise.

And as for the Staff, they are wonderful! Service always feels genuine and unforced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for your review.

All the points you made in the review make for a great hotel. Our team at INK48 works hard to create an atmospher of comfort and quality. I will certainly pass this message along to the team.

Many Thanks!
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Earlier in the year, I surprised my husband of 36 years with a trip to New York (and San Francisco). We quickly decided to make it our gift to each other and after looking at all options, decided that Ink48 was the right choice of hotel for us. We called Ink48 bookings (from New Zealand) and our first impressions could not have been any better. We were greeted by a wonderful reservation consultant who could not be more helpful, friendly and charming. The deal was sealed. On arrival, very late at night on 7th December, 2013 (after travelling for 20 plus hours), we were welcomed by every staff member we met. We were congratulated on our wedding anniversary and advised that we have been given a fantastic room with a great view. The hotel, lobby etc was beautiful and our room really did exceed our expectations. To top it off, there was a lovely card congratulating us on our anniversary, bottle of bubbly on ice and two festive cupcakes waiting for us. Every staff member was wonderful, particularly house-keeping (thank you ladies for making our room so inviting to come back to every time), the décor was beautiful and well maintained and the atmosphere just made our stay in New York one to remember for a very long time. A quick 10 minute walk to Time Square, the hotel location is spot-on! Close to the square, far enough away for a restful sleep. We have shared our experience of Ink48 and it's staff to all of our friends and family. We are looking forward to our next trip to NY, we already know where we'll be staying! Congratulations Ink48 team, you are the best!

Room Tip: Our room was away from the lift, good choice. It was very peaceful resulting in a fantastic night...
Green Features: Being environmentally aware, recycling etc is very important to us and we were very impressed by Ink48 environmentally friendly practices. Well done.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Front Office Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Greetings,

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. The teams at INK48 Hotel are so pleased they were able to make this special trip memorable. We certainly work hard to make each encounter a positive one.

I will certainly relay the positive comments back to the team.

Been to Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!