“Perfect stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   653 11th Avenue at 48th, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #58 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfect stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had stayed once at the property and had a negative experience. After bringing this to the attention of the leaders, it seems my concerns were truly taken to heart. The Ink48 team bent over backwards to make sure I was comfortable this time around. They went far beyond my expectations in that regard.

But not just that regard. All members of the team, at all times, were on their "A game." That even includes warm smiles and a hello from the housekeeping staff I saw on the floor. I received an enthusiastic "Safe travels!" from the maid after waking out of my room with my suitcase to check out.

The room itself was SPECTACULAR! It was so hard to leave. Everything was super clean, tastefully decorated and comfortable. I had to work out of the room for part of my time and could not have picked a better setting. I never wanted to leave!

One morning I had to print several materials to present at meetings. I had expected that I would have to take a trip to the business center. When I called the front desk, the woman explained that for printing I could just email the concierge address and they would handle. I emailed, then called about 15 minutes later to make sure the message was received. Not only was it received, the job was done! When I went to the front desk, I asked how much I owed and was told that it was no trouble. THAT is pro-guest philosophy and customer service that is nearly impossible to find elsewhere.

Other perks: coffee in the morning, wine hour and, for members of the loyalty program, free Internet and a $15 minibar credit.

The hotel is very close to a lot of action, but far enough away to provide respite.

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

with very friendly staff. The daily wine-hour was lovely way to meet people. The hotel also offered maps for runners and was located a block away from the Hudson river green way which was great for running. The rooftop bar had great views. There was a bit of a walk to the nearest subway station though. Rooms weren't huge but very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Boutique and cute little hotel.

1. Rooms: Good size for NYC, we had 2 double beds and a sofa. Small bathroom, cleari-sh bathroom door, not so great if you have people you aren't particularly comfortable with, modern decor

2. Hotel: Nice gym, free coffee in the morning

They had a rooftop bar that I was too tired to check out.
About a mile's walk from highline, other than that the location is just okay. You can walk to Rockefeller center if you are the kind that likes to walk the city, if not, subway is like 2 Avenue blocks away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a great hotel, location is pretty decent. I was happy with the room, very spacious for NYC standards. What really got me was the service. From the time I arrived, I was surrounded by great staff. The one person who really made a difference was Andres at the front desk. He could have not been any more attentive if he tried to. After a 10hr travel time to get to NYC, I was treated and spoiled and was back to being myself very quickly. The rooftop bar was AMAZING! Absolutely breathtaking. I never left the hotel except to my meeting and back, didn't feel I needed to go anywhere else. Although, I've been to NY many times, I didn't need to go to explore anything new, everything I needed was right there.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great overall hotel. Room was nice & beds were comfy. The shower was a great size. The rooftop bar is amazing & a must see. We ate breakfast at Print. I had blueberry pancakes which were great. Stephen the concierge was great & went above & beyond. The noise wasn't too bad but being on the 3rd floor next to an all night club on a Sat. night made for a bit of noise but het it's the city & is to be expected. I did feel this hotel was a little far away from Subway & shopping. The neighborhood itself is very nice. There was a spa but didn't try it, but it looked nice. there was a wine reception each night that was nice. Good times were had by all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great hotel overall. One special highlight is Stephen the concierge. My husband and I mentioned we were on a babymoon and we came back to our room tonight after dinner and found a bottle of sparkling cider and a lovely note from him. It was such a special touch! He is outstanding. Overall great stay.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm a Travel Agent and Norwegian Cruise Line invited us to have breakfast at the Ink Hotel on 11th Avenue Sunday 7/28/13 before a ship inspection aboard Norwegian Breakaway. The rooftop bar and lounge area is gorgeous at the Ink48. This is a Kimpton Hotel Chain and I was very impressed with the modern lobby, friendly staff, clean modern bathrooms. The breakfast was fabulous combined with the rooftop views of the pier. It was the perfect morning to enjoy the rooftop at Ink48.

Room Tip: Have a drink on the rooftop.