“I want to live here for the rest of my lifetime (literally) ;)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   653 11th Avenue at 48th, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Early And Save
Ranked #51 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
New Orleans
“I want to live here for the rest of my lifetime (literally) ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Dear Audience, the first time I visited Ink48 was two years ago when I received an exclusive VIP invite through the Kimpton inner circle desk to enjoy the grand opening of their newest hotel in Hell's Kitchen. The first day I arrived I was truly astounded by the amazing architecture, the kindness of the staff and the breathtaking beauty of the Jersey shoreline from my upgraded room. The staff here at Ink48 took extra measures to make sure I always received this room even after long leaves of absences on my part. I don't always travel to New York so my stay here at Ink48 is a unique treat because of the spaciousness of the room, the wonderful lighting from the floor to ceiling windows and the gorgeous, plush furniture that reminds one of a condo dwelling in the sky. I love the water and being right next to it so if views are especially important to you I would choose this hotel above all others in New York city. When my friends came over to visit me for work or pleasure they literally gawked at the beauty of my room, the quality of the food served at the hotel's restaurant and sunlight that streamed in. My friends wanted to know how they could become a Kimpton in touch member just from seeing the view and getting a feel of the elegance of this hotel. The staff is sweet, upbeat, endearing and I have a really hard time leaving. The day before I had to leave a sad German tourist was checking out. I tried to make him smile and I said "why the dour look?" He smiled at me and said "Because I don't want to leave here!!!" And that is truly what might happen to you. This is the kind of hotel that compels you to just sleep in because the noise levels are muffled and the immediate neighborhood is more relaxing than being in any other part of New York city. If I could afford to live here for a full year I would :) Oh by the way my cat Mr. Valentino is always welcomed here by the staff and this is a very very pet friendly hotel so if you are like me and you simply can not sleep without your dog or cat this hotel will indeed make a fuss over your pet :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello butterflyshadows,

Thank you for your review about our hotel, it is highly appreciated! I am so thrilled that you absolutely loved the hotel. We constantly looking for ways for our guests to feel comfortable and experience memorable moments at our hotel and reviews such as yours shows that we are going in the right direction to delivering high quality guest service.

We cannot wait till you visit us again soon.

Thank you and travel safely!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at Ink48 for the first time recently, and was extremely impressed with the hotel and staff. Everyone made me feel so at home, and attention to detail was everywhere. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, well appointed, and the view was amazing! Situated only about 6 blocks from Times Square, it is very convenient to everything. Finally, Ink48 is a great value in NYC. This is my home when I am in New York from now on. Love it!

Room Tip: Get a room up several floors and facing east for commanding views of the Manhattan skyline.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Mark V,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated! I am thrilled that we made a great impression during your for first time staying at our hotel. It is fantastic that we were able to make you feel at home during your stay. We constantly looking for ways to make our guest comfortable and experience memorable moments!

We cannot wait for you to visit us again soon!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Ink with friends and I have to say this is the best hotel I have stayed in New York!! Wonderful

I have visited New York a few times over the last couple of years and as with all city hotels, there is a wide range to choose from. I hate the "famous 5 star" hotels that all think they are the bees knees, or the ultra trendy hotels. Ink is perfect if you like hotels out of the center (15 minute walk to Times Square or Central Park), with friendly staff, excellent facilities, clean and superb views

The staff were outstanding, always friendly, always polite and really couldn't do enough for you

The Press Lounge on the 16th floor is a must see, not only for the view of Manhattan, but also to try a few of the cocktails as well

Our room was also great, I would recommend asking for a room as high as possible and facing the city. We were on the 12th floor and the view was spectacular

I would recommend you join the Kimpton loyalty scheme as you get free wifi, $15 dollars off your mini bar and $30 off anything from the spa

Being very picky (And not worth taking a star off my review), the negatives were:

Not really in a nice area, car show rooms all around, not much else
Expensive to eat there, but New York has so many places to eat that's not a major thing
At some times in can be difficult to get a taxi outside the hotel

All in all if you are looking for a great hotel in New York I would highly recommend this one

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with views of the city and away from the elevators (Noise) Also, if you are g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello Michael D.

Thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience during your stay from the room to the service provided by us! Yes! Being a Kimpton loyalty member does have its benefits, thank you for your recommendations.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Big fan of the Kimpton Hotels, especially because we travel with our dog often. We enjoy not only the dog friendliness, but also the free coffee, wine hour, and usually excellent service.

Our room was nice and clean, relatively large for New York. I grew up not far from this hotel, so I know the area, it's a bit out of the way from things.

My main concern however was the wifi. I was traveling partly for work and had a big presentation the next day. I rely on internet access for work like most people. However from at least 8AM to 3PM their entire internet went out. I called the front desk several times, told they had no idea when it would be up. Did not seem at all apologetic, wondering why I was calling in the first place. This really put me in a bad spot. I had everything set up in the room to work, and was forced to go out and find somewhere else I could get WiFi. I do not expect this from this type of hotel. I later emailed my complaint, still have not received a response. This sour experience unfortunately may be turning me off to the Kimpton Hotels.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello seafoodben,

Thank you for your review, it is highly appreciated. I am deeply sorry the wifi wasn’t available for you during your stay at the hotel. Reviews such as yours will help us find ways to improve our guest services and I had made sure to forward this review to my department heads to solve this issue for it not to happen again.

If you travels bring you back to New York, please email us at contactus@ink48.com to help you with any future reservations.

East Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Locating a hotel within a building that used to house a printing plant might suggest to some that the place will look old and industrial. It's not at all. In fact it's stylish and attractive. For Manhattan, our room was large and the view was stunning: the room looked onto the Manhattan skyline even though it was in Manhattan because it was so close to the Hudson. Dinner in the hotel restaurant on our way to a show was also excellent, and the rooftop bar was a great place for after-show drinks, if one does not mind hanging around with a bunch of 20-somethings who are all acting a bit too casual while posing in their finest 'oh, I dress this way all the time' clothes. See the photo.

Downsides: Tenth Street certainly is not attractive on its own, with car dealers and cheap bars...it's the hotel that is attractive. And we heard plenty of traffic noise even on a high floor. It's Manhattan, after all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello Mark D,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel, it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience at our restaurant and our rooftop lounge. It is fantastic that you enjoyed your room during your stay with us as well. We strive to create memorable experience for all of our guests.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Thank you and travel safely!
Western Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The title says it all, "Nice, clean, friendly and convenient to The Daily Show". Clean, quiet, very nice staff, three blocks from The Daily Show, nice breakfast in their restaurant. New York prices, but reasonable for New York. A little bit longer walk to the theater district, but not a big deal unless it's raining; same for the subway stop.

Room Tip: Booking through a third party was cheaper than with the hotel directly, but it usually always is.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Tommylovell,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled to know that you had a great experience during your stay. It is fantastic that our hotel and staff was able to provide you memorable moments while you stay and explore New York for what it’s worth!

Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a king studio. Size was great. I loved the big soaking tub and the shower was nice too. A bit of a walk away from midtown center (times square, etc). All of the people we encountered were extremely accommodating and friendly. Overall a great stay

• Stayed February 2013
Hello ohschmidt,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! It is fantastic that you had a wonderful experience during your stay and you enjoyed the room.

Thank you and travel safely.

Been to Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!