“Best hotel I've ever stayed at...perfect for pre and post wedding stay in NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   653 11th Avenue at 48th, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Double Promotion
Ranked #56 of 452 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Best hotel I've ever stayed at...perfect for pre and post wedding stay in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at Ink48 for a week, just before my wedding with girlfriends, then moved to a room with my husband. We also used the Halo Suite for our evening reception, which has one of the best rooftops in NYC. The staff were helpful and attentive and having worked closely with the Food and Beverage manager (Dana) for 8 months, it was everything she said it would be an more. She listened to what we had to say and delivered an amazing evening reception for us. The room are very clean and the pillows were so comfortable, I definitely slept well, just what was needed leading up to the wedding. I would definitely stay here again and seek out the other Kimpton Hotels in the USA. It is a small walk to Times Square and Central Park. I am not keen on staying in the thick of it, Ink was quiet and you still got amazing views.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Hudson View suite, but the other rooms are just as amazing.

1,855 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Super cool and trendy, this hotel is fantastik. If you can spare a few bucks, don't hesitate to upgrade your room to get a little extra space. Be sure to get a view of NY. Late night scenary is ultra mood making, if you know what I mean. If that is not enough, the rooftop outdoor lounge is amazing with slick furniture and great lounge grooves. Staff was super helpful and had just the right level of coolnest. I'm be back FO SHOW !

Room Tip: don't be cheap - upgrade for more space and get the city view !!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had an excellent 5 night stay here in August. The staff were very friendly and helpful checking us in despite our slightly vague post flight state! We were there for our anniversary and the bottle of champagne in our room was a great way to start our holiday! We had a wonderful room on the 15th floor with a fabulous view over midtown and we loved it. The a/c was quite noisy but offered such sweet relief from the NY August heat it was worth it! Both the bedroom and bathroom were huge, with the bed comfortable and the bathroom clean.
The rooftop bar is a great venue and worth a visit for the sunset view but it was a little too trendy for us to spend much time there! We only used the restaurant for breakfast - it was pricey but the food was excellent and the service brilliant.
We quite liked the location - the easy access from the West Side Highway meant cabs back from Soho and the Village were quick and inexpensive.
We'll definitely stay here again when we're back in NYC.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Hotel rooms are really nice. Area is safe. Would agree with the others...try to get a high Hudson View. A few blocks away there are plenty of restaurants. Times Square is about a mile away and shopping on 5th about 1.3 miles. Not bad walks at all. Tax's were always available. Great wine hour. Nice bar on near top floor. About $40 from Laguardia via taxi. We loved it and were there for 4 nights for the US Open.

• Stayed September 2012
Simi Valley, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Decided to take a short Labor Day weekend trip to the NYC with my parents and hubby. I had requested an early check in as our flight arrival was at 745am. They had told me no problem they could probably get me something by noonish. When I went to check in they had nothing however they were nice enough to hold our luggage. The gentleman at the front desk took down my name and number and told me he would call me as soon as he had something available. We went to Times Square which is about a 15 minute walk (too far for our taste). We walked around enjoyed the views, ate some breakfast, went on the hop on hop off tour into uptown and had a great time. By 230 we were exhausted and needing a break, we had been up for nearly 24 hours. We walked back to Ink48 and they said they did have something available on the 3rd floor. I was a little hesitant only because I had read on here that there was a lot of traffic noise if you stayed on the lower floors, but we were so exhausted I agreed anyway. I should have waited. The noise was extremely loud and barely let us sleep. The air conditioning in the room is also extemely loud. They gave us a handicapped room which was ok but the beds were practically to the floor and the shower was odd and made a mess of water everywhere every time we would shower. The rooftop bar is amazing as everyone has said. If I were to go back to New York I'd stay somewhere closer to Times Square.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very clean and comfortable. Reserved a king deluxe expected a slightly bigger room with more walking space. Bathroom has shower no tub. They advertIse floor to ceiling windows, not what I had but fine. Room service very expensive, coffee, eggs and potato with tax and gratuity $35
Rooftop bar is a must. Excellent view.

• Stayed July 2012
Clifton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This Kimpton property is among the best of the NYC lot with its spacious
rooms and mod designs in a reclaimed printing facility. The rooms are
among the largest in NYC. If you get lucky and happen to get a river
view, be sure to check for cruise ships docked on the Hudson. Come early
for the 5 pm complimentary wine hour. Unlike many hotels, the restaurant
Print is a real sleeper. The rooftop lounge, however, is good for
drinking in the view. It's too dark for the overwhelmed waitstaff to
notice that you're just up there to gawk not to guzzle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Olimpia M, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear KnowseyNomad,

Thank you so much for staying at INK48 - A Kimpton Hotel during your recent visit to New York City. We are thrilled to hear you were able to attend and enjoy our wine hour social event. We are also glad to hear your great words about our beautiful rooms and views. We thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you soon!

Been to Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!