“Spectacular Location ~ Spectacular Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   653 11th Avenue at 48th, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Early And Save
Ranked #53 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Spectacular Location ~ Spectacular Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have stayed at Ink 48 several times for business. The hotel, it's location and staff are nothing short of amazing. The roof deck on the 16th floor is a destination in itself.

This past weekend I was visiting for pleasure. The Riverview Terrace Room has it's own patio ~ on the 17th floor with sweeping views of the Hudson. The entire staff, and Olga (concierge) in particular made the weekend even more special, with genuine enthusiam for making our stay perfect.

From the minute you enter the hotel, you are greeted warmly and welcomed openly.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, with sweeping city view or great views of the river.

The spa is bliss......

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
obriggs, Manager at Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
I'm so happy you found our spa to be a purely blissful experience! We look forward to creating another memorable stay for you upon your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed at Ink48 for Memorial weekend. Excellent hotel, great restaurant and awesome roof lounge. No real complaints or drawbacks however it is a few blocks from things but in a very safe area and we had no problems walking anywhere.

It was our first Kimpton Hotel too, as well as our first trip to NYC. Will do it all again as soon as we can.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Waltham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I saw this hotel on SniqueAway.com -- I'm a huge fan of Kimpton hotels, so when my sister suggested a trip to NYC, I had to book Ink48.

Overall, the hotel met my expectations. Our room was HUGE! We upgraded a bit to a larger room, so I don't know what the lower class rooms felt like for space, but ours was definitely the biggest NYC hotel I've ever stayed in. Our room had a great view of the city from the 7th floor.

The bathroom was similarly huge, though the space was used very strangely. The shower was sooo small even though there was enough room to have a dance party in the bathroom. We also had a soaking tub -- and there were free bath salts as a nice perk!

The bed was low to the ground but very comfy; we had a huge flat screen TV which was handy between exploring the city.

As usual at Kimpton hotels, the staff was extremely friendly.

My one little complaint is that this hotel is a bit off the beaten path. On one hand, I actually liked walking through the neighborhood to get to the nearest subway stop. It was kind of fun exploring a part of the city I've never seen. On the other hand, it did take at least 15-minutes just to get to the subway every time we left our room.

But if you're looking for space in the big city, this is a great hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed at Kimpton Hotels and have always had excellent service, but the staff at Ink48 went above and beyond. I had my dog Lucy with me and everyone was great with her and made us both feel welcome and special. They even bought her new dog toys! The rooms are huge and both the spa and rooftop lounge are well worth the visit. Thanks for a great exeience!

• Stayed June 2011
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011 via mobile

We recently relocated from Colorado to NYC and we needed a hotel for two nights before our apartment was ready. Thus the reason why our cats were traveling with us. After several days of driving across the country, we were so pleased to check-in to the peaceful Ink48!

The room was large and bright. The service was excellent. Dinner at the restaurant was lovely. The wine welcome reception was just what
we needed and a pleasant surprise. And did I mention that they let us bring our two cats without any extra charges?! Perfect all the way around!

• Stayed June 2011
Pershore, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

My partner and i stayed here for 5 nights at the end of May for her birthday, i am very picky when it comes to hotels and i can tell you this one did impress. We stayed in the Hudson river suite which was amazing the views were great!! In fact i couldn't really fault the room which is unusual for me because as a builder i always find something! If i was being silly i would say that the blinds could have done with being electric because there were about 6 blinds to manually put down each night oh and they didnt really block enough light out. Now you do need to consider the distance it is approx 15mins walk to Times Square and any decent eateries but the views made up for that!! If you don't get the views then i would look closer to the action but on the other hand it seemed quiet!! The rooftop bar is a must now that was amazing although as it is open to anyone we did feel a little out of place in out shorts and t-shirts sat next to the suited and booted but we didn't care some might!! Overall fantastic, service was good although you sometimes feel rushed and they get snotty if you don't leave a tip but i think thats New Yorkers in general! I hope you find this review helpful and the only reason i didn't give it 5 stars was the distance, they even gave us a bottle of champagne and chocolates free of charge as it was my partners birthday which was a nice touch. Also the room wasnt ready when we got there even though we were later than we said but they gave us a drink at the bar and we only waited 10mins so that was forgiven. A quick tip is watch your bill they charged something like 100 a day for incidentals which is given back when you check out but just watch out for it. Thanks INK48 for a memorable birthday treat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Simsbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

ink48 is luxury and comfort in nyc without a lot of the pomp and pretense that usually come with that. my room was super clean, cozy, large and had wonderful views of the hudson and toward downtown. being out on 11th, the area is quiet but also so close to the vibrance of chelsea and midtown, and the west village is a healthy and entertaining walk away. (they have some cabs in nyc too). and press, the rooftop bar, is imPRESSive. can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Ink48 - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!