“Clean and Efficient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village

You added Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   66 Charlton Street, New York City, NY 10014 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #323 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and Efficient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had a number of problems with our room the first day we checked in, to the point where I was almost ready to write a bad review but then I realised that every time we had a problem the staff here took care of it immediatly. For instance when we first entered our room we noticed that the window would not close properly letting a fair amount of street noise in, but when we called down to the desk they sent someone up to fix it within a few minutes. They dealt with everything else just as quickly and efficently. This is a nice, clean hotel that is very convienantly located with only a block walk to the nearest subway. They greeted us with cold bottled water when we arrived the first day hot and sweaty from carrying our luggage (and there are free bottles in the room as well). We were in NYC for a family event and when we visited family members who were in other hotels around the city we couldn't help but notice how much they were charged for everything. One day when we returned around five pm there was a free small buffet in the lobby and free beer !! Meanwhile our family members were being charged $7 for a bottle of water across town. I'll definitely consider staying here again the next time I return to New York.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hello there,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right throughout your stay. We hold ourselves to very high standards, but realize every now and then we miss an opportunity to WOW you. In this case, our staff will always work diligently to make sure you enjoy a comfortable, uncomplicated stay.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our Best Brews event (complimentary appetizers and beer/wine every Wednesday afternoon) and hope you will join us for another some time soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Turkish first
Hopewell Junction, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This Hotel's best features are it's location and value. Short walk and you are in the best of SOHO, Chinatown & Little Italy and still walkable is the Financial District. There are plenty of restaurants, clubs and attractions nearby to enjoy. Rooms are clean, comfortable albeit "NY sized" and represent a great value for this area of the city. I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there,

It's great to hear you found Four Points SoHo to be conveniently located and a good value for your trip. We're happy to be short walking distance to Chinatown, NYU, and the heart of SoHo's finest restaurants/shopping. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to NYC!
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Man oh man I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at this Four Points by Sheraton hotel. I have visited NYC many times and this was by far my favorite hotel experience and location. We were around the corner from a McDonald's that was open 24 hours a day which was nice when it was late and you wanted a snack. Houston St isn't far from the hotel and we found some great places to eat and bars with great atmosphere. AND you are close to the subway, Little Italy & China town.

Before arriving, I had a plane delay so I called the hotel to make sure i would not lose my reservation if I showed up too late. The woman was very pleasant and took care of my concerns. We ended up making it to NYC at a decent time and when I checked in it was the same woman I had spoken with on the phone earlier that day. She remembered who I was and since we had such a hard time she offered us a round of drinks at the hotel bar free of charge. Right off the bat they hit a home run in customer service.

We stayed on the 7th floor, and the room was perfect. AC was very powerful & the Four Point beds are very comfortable. ( I am SO picky on beds....)

The entire staff was amazing, everyone acknowledged us as we came and went from the hotel. Free water was a plus considering all the walking. A friend of mine from Long Island came to the city to hang with us and we stayed out later than expected so we asked the front desk for extra linens for her to make a pallet and they were up at the room in less than 10 minutes.

Room Tip: The lady at the front desk said rooms on floor 20 have the best views. They were booked when we arri...
Green Features: I love the fact they give you a sign to hang on the door that lets the housekeeping service know you plan to re-use the linens during your stay. It saves gallons of water each day.
Hello there,

We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience at Four Points SoHo! Thank you for taking the time to review our property and let us know how well the staff took care of you throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Spent 4 nights in a comfortable room with a view onto wall. The entrance lobby looks a bit shabby and unwelcoming but the room and facilities were good. Best of all was the front desk staff, all of whom we're helpful and friendly. Took breakfast in the restaurant one morning and the food was good and service excellent.

Room Tip: Higher floor with a better view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We have recently (within the past week or so) made some improvements to our lobby entrance, removing some of the more worn furniture and inputting some new additions. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Excellent location – Friendly Staff! My sister and I stayed 11 nights at the Four Points Sheraton SoHo. The best customer services I have experienced in a VERY long time! A special thanks to Elliot and Brian who were extremely friendly and helpful during our stay. Everyone we came into contact with smiled and acknowledged our presence. The hotel is in a perfect location and is very reasonably priced. Whilst the rooms are not very big and the décor isn’t the prettiest – it’s a clean hotel and it’s central to everything! We were within close walking distance to many great restaurants and shops in Soho, and could easily walk to Greenwich, the meat packing district and Tribeca was just around the corner. There are 2 subways close by and it’s a quick train ride into time square.
For those looking for a reasonably priced hotel, great location and friendly staff I would definitely recommend staying here. We will be back!
Helen - Sydney Australia
Stayed June 2014

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff! They gave us a room upgrade after day 2
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello Helen,

We are delighted to hear you had such a great time with us. Brian and Eliot are certainly assets to our front office team and we will pass your kind words on to them. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to NYC!

Michael Weinstein
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Spent three nights here in July 2014. It is a nice hotel in a good location. Front staff was always helpful, had water bottles whenever we asked after returning from a busy day. We had the king room, view was not great but it I did not care. We were so tired when we got back we did not even look out the window. We left in the morning and came back at night, who really needs a view? And yes, the room is tiny...but you're in NYC, you should not be hanging out in your hotel room! Bathroom was always sparkling clean, water pressure in the shower was perfect.

Very convenient location. The number 1 subway line was a block away. We walked to the 911 Memorial, Broadway, and if you get the hop-on-hop-off bus, it drops you off on Broadway, about a 15 minute walk back. Street was quieter on the weekend (but the Starbucks around the corner was closed?!) Nice area with shops and little restaurants close by!

We found a nice bottle of Prosecco on ice in our room which was a nice surprise (a cork screw would have been helpful but front desk staff helped there!)

Air conditioning worked really well, we had humid weather and it was nice coming into the cool room and it was comfortable for sleeping. And speaking of sleeping, the bed was very comfortable.

No issues with wifi in our room, everything worked, TV, hair dryer, coffee maker, clock/iPod docking station.

I have no complaints about this property, I have stayed in far more expensive hotels, which could not hold a candle to this one. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonable hotel.

Scorchen,

Thank you for the kind words. We're glad you enjoyed our NYC hospitality and found our location convenient. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the city!

Michael Weinstein
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Decent location to Soho. Rooms are New York average but they are comfortable. I went with my girl for 1 night before independence day and I spent a valuable time there, exept for one thing!!. 3 hours before our check out my girl and I, we decided to pay half day to stay longer there; when I spoke with the lady at the front desk she said that we can be there only until 4pm which was insane!!! They charged us $118 for half day and the only extra time that we were able to stayed there was 4 more hours!! This is insane, when I asked to the front desk agent she replied to me that the reason was because they wont have housekeeper available to clean the room after 4pm. Excuse me!!

I been booking in different hotels in my life and I never heard something like this and what is worse is the fact that is located at Soho!!! Come on, give me a break, one of the greatest neighborhoods in NYC and they dont have housekeeper on independence weekend?

On overall the property wasnt bad compared to some upscale hostels that we scoped before booked there. Also they offer free bottled water for free which is a nice gesture. But I would say that Customer Service is their issue!!! I also wrote en email complaning about how much they charged me for only 4 extra hours and its been 72 hours and I didnt heard from them either.

In summary, the property is nice and the rooms are ok; however some members from the front desk department didnt do well their homework of keep guest satisfied and incentivate them to return to this property.

For better or for worse for me, customer service is more important than Gold; I think I probably wouldnt return and either recommend it to my clients or friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, Alfred T.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time here in SoHo! We are very glad you had a nice trip to the city and apologize if there was any misunderstanding in regards to our check-out time. Our standard checkout is 12:00pm, which in most cases allows us ample time to prepare a room for arriving guests by the 3:00 pm check-in time. This check-out time is in-line with most other select service hotels in the area. We do offer complimentary luggage storage for our guests in the event you arrive early or need to stay in the city a bit longer.

Our front desk staff was correct in advising you of our check-out policy of one-half-night's rate to 4:00pm and a full night's rate any time thereafter. This policy is not related to housekeeping staffing, but is more tied to our 3:00pm check-in time and steadily high occupancy. On a night where we are fully committed (every room will be occupied) our responsibility to arriving guests is to have a clean room ready upon arrival. For most of our guests, arrival time will be by 3:00pm or shortly thereafter.

We apologize if you perceived our policy as lacking in customer-service and will look into ways we can better explain the policy to our guests. Again, in the event you need to stay and enjoy our area beyond the 12:00pm check-out time, we will always be more than happy to hold your luggage at no cost until you are ready to depart.

If there is anything else we can do to accommodate you on a future stay, please do not hesitate to reach out to our front desk team.