Have just returned from a four night stay at this hotel with a friend. The location was absolutely great for us - just a couple of minutes walk from Houston Street Subway (1) which got us to Times Square in less than 20 minutes. Walking distance to Greenwich Village.
The staff were efficient and courteous and our room on the fourth floor was absolutely fine for our needs. I had been concerned about the issue of noise, particularly having read the comments made earlier about the building work going on right next door, but while we were there, the site was deserted. We had asked to be moved higher but during our stay one of the lifts was out of action. Being on the fourth floor meant we could take the stairs which was fine for us. The managment recognised how irritating having a lift out of action was for guests and laid on free lunch for everyone on the Friday, by way of an apology. Nice touch.
The heating worked well and the beds were very comfortable. There wasn't enough drawer space for the two of us - travelling in early Spring meant we both had quite a few jumpers, but it was just a minor thing.
Room came with a tea/coffee maker and an ironing board and iron. Free coffee also available in reception in the morning. We didn't eat in the hotel but had breakfast out - there's a diner right on the corner of Charlton and Varick, a few steps from the front door and also an IHOP on Varick!
The bathroom was clean and well lit and the bath although small, was a welcome bonus as I was expecting just a shower. The shower itself had good water pressure but the best thing about the bathroom for me was the fantastic little hair dryer! I need to style my hair rather than just dry it and it was great... Minor point to many, but a big bonus to a few!
I 'paid' for our room with Starwood Points but my girlfriend paid for her daughter's room. She felt that it represented very good value for money.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel - we have already agreed that when the time comes for our next trip, we will be staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the trendy SoHo, Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village is surrounded by lots of great shops, eateries & clubs, and within minutes of the financial center and Little Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Manhattan Soho Village Hotel New York City
- 4 Points By Sheraton Manhattan Soho Village
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Manhattan Soho Village
- New York City Sheraton
- New York City Four Points