“Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Royal Park Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Park Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   258 West 97th Street, New York City, NY 10025 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #370 of 456 Hotels in New York City
Australian Capital Territory
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were okay, bathrooms were small and water pressure/temperature was very unreliable.
Air con was incredibly noisy and the room got very hot.
Quite a few roaches in the room, had to get some bug spray from the front desk.
Location was good though!

• Stayed June 2014
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Client,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of that room. It is our main priority to provide the best customer service possible for our guest. If you please give us another chance, I would like to invite you to see our newly renovated rooms with more space and walk in bathrooms next time you are in NYC. I would also like to offer you special manager rates next time you are in New York City. Just give me a call ahead of time and i will ensure you receive our special rates.

Royal Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

If you are going to spend most of your time out and about then this is the place to stay!! 10 min walk to central park and 10 min walk to huge river on other side of hotel.

Very basic hotel, more like a room but your bed gets made daily & new towels.
Staff are the best thing about this place!! so easy to approach and very informative and happy to help.
Yeah you have to share a bathroom, but who cares ur in NY!!!! There are so many great food places around here and easy close to catch train stations.!!!

TV channels very limited, but when you have been walking around all day you just crash.
The rooms are a lot larger than what i expected and tall ceillings!!

great for young travellors who arent too fussed about all the fancy stuff!! Once again i repeat your in NEW YORK city who cares about the fancy stuff go explore!!
Would love to thank Carlos & Maggie for making our stay so welcome and informing ur about true NY life you guys were great, much Love Monika & Adam

Room Tip: ask for one with a good window view, and maybe level 2-3 as the lift takes ages lol
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello,

Myself and the entire staff here at the Royal Park Hotel want to thank you for your review especially the part about our staff. We make every effort to put our guest first and make this hotel a home away from home atmosphere. If you ever find yourself in New York again please give me a call and I will give you a special managers rate along with our newly renovated rooms.

Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

NYC is notoriously expensive but I still feel like we couldve had a better deal than staying here. It was cheaper than alot of options but not overly pleasant. We stayed in a two person room, was bunkbeds which were ok but the room was tiny. At abput 4:30each morning the pipes would start to bang very loudly so was early starts for us. Staff were friendly and helped with subway directions (subway very close which was great!). Close to supermarket, pharmacy and central park. For stays of 3 days or more, I'd recommend an apartment.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hello,

Myself and the entire staff here at the Royal Park Hotel want to thank you for your review. We make every effort to put our guest first and make this hotel a home away from home atmosphere. If you ever find yourself in New York again please give me a call and I will give you a special managers rate along with our newly renovated rooms that will suit you much better than the room you received before.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

good location .very near to undergrand.leave luggage for 2 usd per bag. pc and printer avable -extra charge.(not lots ).unfortunately if people chat on holl you can hear in the room.we saw as well few cockroaches but this is normal in new york .good price for that hotel

Room Tip: room next to toalet i good.you can hear when is available
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello,

Myself and the entire staff here at the Royal Park Hotel want to thank you for your review. We make every effort to put our guest first and make this hotel a home away from home atmosphere. If you ever find yourself in New York again please give me a call and I will give you a special managers rate along with our newly renovated rooms.

Grapevine, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is that is was close to the 97th and broadway subway. Otherwise, there is only one shower for the entire hall and the hot water was non existent. Thank goodness I brought my flip flops. For what I paid I could had gotten a 4star hotel on hotwire.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Client,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of that room. It is our main priority to provide the best customer service possible for our guest. I unfortunately did not receive any feedback from you about this. I could have resolved things and accommodate you much better. I would also like to make you aware that there are 2 bathrooms per floor as well, i apologize you were not informed of this. If you please give us another chance, I would like to invite you to see our newly renovated rooms with more space and walk in bathrooms next time you are in NYC. I would also like to offer you special manager rates, just give me a call ahead of time and i will ensure you receive our special rates.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

First of all this hotel is UGLY, it looks like a cheap hostel, however the rooms were pretty nice, at leaf the one I got. Bathroom was new and updated, however, the shower, I don't even like to remember, it was buzzkiller. So, after a long day walking around NYC one just want to have a nice warm shower, that did not happen during my long stay in this hotel. The water flow was minimum, it took forever to wash out the shampoo. Besides that it take an average of 15 minutes for the water to heat every time, and sometimes the water was so hot that it burned my scalp. So, you never know what to expect, one thing you should know, shower won't be a nice and relaxing as you want after a long day,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Client,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of that room. It is our main priority to provide the best customer service possible for our guest. I unfortunately did not receive any feedback from you about this. I could have resolved things and accommodate you much better. If you please give us another chance, I would like to offer you special manager rates next time you are in New York City. Just give me a call ahead of time and i will ensure you receive our special rates along with.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The hotel rooms were clean, shower worked fine, and beds were comfortable. Wifi available. The area was very quiet and felt like in a residential area, also really close to the subway station at the 96th street, to amenities and some shops, and also close to Central Park. Best for visiting with friends and if you are sightseeing and need just a quiet place to go and rest at night. Bad side: no lockers, and not many services in the hotel.

Room Tip: Manhattan Diner is very close, and they offer great american food for a good price - good for breakf...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hello,

Myself and the entire staff here at the Royal Park Hotel want to thank you for your review. We make every effort to put our guest first and make this hotel a home away from home atmosphere. If you ever find yourself in New York again please give me a call and I will give you a special managers rate.

Royal Park Hotel

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!