“Great value for money.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Park Hotel

You added Royal Park Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Park Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   258 West 97th Street, New York City, NY 10025 (Upper West Side)   |
Ranked #378 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great value for money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked a private room in this hotel and I got a newly refurbished one, which was lovely. Great bathroom and very comfy bed, even though it was a little bit on the small side (and bouncy!) for two people not in a relationship ;) the service was good, although there were little facilities (no lockers/safes or fridges, not hostel-like at all). there's a great place to get food around the corner, the Westside Market, do check their salad bar out, it's fantastic. Up the street is the subway station (96th, red line) which will get you to anywhere you need to go quickly.

Room Tip: Get a private room. It's not too expensive and it beats sharing a bunk bed with strangers.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bray, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights with my boyfriend. If I'm honest I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews however I was pleasantly surprised the room was clean and spacious. The bathroom seemed like a brand new fit. It is on a block away from the subway on 96th very convenient. The staff were very friendly on arrival, answered any questions we had. The room was serviced everyday. I would say bring your own towels as we didn’t always receive bath towels. Overall we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ROSEVILLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place does not look at all like the pictures on the web site. We had hard noisy beds, 4 bath towels, a tv that worked, an air conditioner and nothing else. I was afraid to take a shower in the tub, because I was afraid of slipping so I use the shower in the bathroom across the hall. There was no shampoo, glasses for water or anything else. I didn't like staying there and will never again. It was way too expensive for what was provided. I don't recommend it. I did not realize it was a hostel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Despinal258, Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Client,

We appreciate that you took your time out to write a review of our establishment. Our apologies if we couldn't provide you with the highest customer service during your stay. Next time you're in our area ask to see our Deluxe Room; which might be more of what you were looking for when you arrived. We had little resource of presenting you with another room during your stay, as we were at full capacity, so try to book in advanced to secure the room. If you have a chance give me a call personally at 212-665-7434.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed five days with my wife at w/ bath room. It's good stay for us. Room is clean, not small for Asian people.

Advantage:
Subway station(96st.) is close to the hotel, an express subway is stopping the station.
Free Wifi at lower floor.

Disadvantage:
Less privacy, I can hear noise(foot steps) from other rooms.
Slow Elevator, if you stay upper floor, it is necessary to wait.

Deal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The room was perfect, good sized bathroom and clean when we arrived. We did have to ask for towels a few times as the cleaners took them and never replaced them. Also we had an issue with our door as the handle broke on many occasions which was annoying but we were offered another room. Subway, supermarkets, restaurants, bars and Central Park all in short walking distance. Overall a great stay in a great city.

• Stayed September 2013
Townsville, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My 18yr old daughter and I stayed in a private room with two double beds and shared bathroom on the 5th floor. The shared bathroom was a bit on the dingy side and the shower head was blocked, the water was only coming out of 12 holes so down to a trickle. The toilet was 6 inches away from the shower, so moisture was present nearly every toilet visit from other peoples showers. The TV reception in our room was fuzzy our entire stay, and there was only one double power point in the room so you couldn't recharge cell phone or lap top and have the TV on and A/C too. No coffee facilities or refrigerator in the room. The room itself was dark and smelt musty with the smell of cigarette smoke permeating our floor even though it's a non-smoking hotel. It's noisy with the streets sounds and sirens heard loud and clear. Make sure you bring ear plugs. On a plus side the bed was very comfortable and the bed linen was changed daily in our very small room. Yes, like other people say on the reviews here, the elevator was a pain in the backside. Very old and worse for wear. On our last day here the elevator stopped working so we had to drag our luggage down 5 floors. I was also surprised and disappointed with the nightly rates, and felt totally ripped at the final cost of staying in this old and smelly place. Our stay should of cost us $482 via their website, yet ended up costing nearly double at $843 for 4 nights! Fee's, taxes etc. We were booked in here for extra nights in between tours of NY but I cancelled and went to a cleaner, newer hotel and it ended up being cheaper to stay at "Holiday Inn". I would not bother staying here again and I will recommend to friends and family to stay at any other hotel but this one. Feeling ripped off ......

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Despinal258, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and i stayed in this hotel 14th of august . We got a room in the sevent floor . The elevator stopped between the floors and we asked for emergency release 15 minutes. We were released by the civil protection police men . The hotel is very dirty . No brakfast is provided . No other service than hard bed .
We do not recommend it .

Royal Park Hotel

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!