“Cigarette smell in room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South

You added Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South to your Saves list
Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   341 West 36th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly Hotel 36) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #237 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Portland, United States
“Cigarette smell in room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The room smelled of cigarette smoke, the room was in poor quality. I asked to change rooms and they said all they could do is bring up a spray to mask the smell. I checked out 4 days early to go to a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
st. louis, mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wasn't in my humble opinion a Hilton Doubletree Quality Property.
Rooms were very small. You had to go out into the hall, to change your mind! Ha, Ha
Really, King size room had no where to place and open a suitcase.
Corridors were tight, elevators were slow and small!
The positive side was the staff. Very accommodating and willing to help.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The location of this hotel is just perfect, walking distance from the Empire State Building, 1 block away from Broadway and not even 5 minutes from Times Square.
Close to several small restaurants and bars, maybe not the fanciest ones, but good quality for price.

The hotel is clean, quite and really well maintained. The only negative point (if you really want to find one) is that the hotel only has 2 elevators and during rush hours (I was there for business) you can wait few minutes until you get one free.
The breakfast is really nice and complete, just perfect for a nice start of the day.

The restaurant hasn't a lot of variety and for a vegetarian (like me) you only have 2 option of which one is a pizza that is not so good.

The staff is amazing, friendly and very helpfull.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Canandaigua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stay in NY for work and have had many experiences from good to bad but I wanted to tell people about my experience here. I have stayed multiple time now and the staff if very friendly and takes the time to know you. I almost feel like I am coming home with the friendly smiles and greetings. The breakfast area has an open feeling and you are close to many sites and area's like Penn Station and Time Square. If you are looking for food just ask and they will point you to local spots that will make you happy and not break the bank.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Joshua D, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear David,

Thank your continuing to come back to us! I am happy to hear that you are starting to feel at home while you are with us! There is absolutely nothing that we want more than for you to feel at home while you are here. If there is anything at all that we can do to help you feel more at home, please, do not hesitate to contact me and let me know. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and have a wonderful day!
Wash, DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I like the hotel and its location. Close to Metro and Penn Station and Port Authority. I is also within walking distance of the High Line which is a excellent way to get views of Manhattan and reach the Whitney Museum of American Art at the south end of the High Line.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The friendly amazing staff overrule anything in this hotel. In all of the hotels I have been to in my life I have never received such genuine friendly service. SO personable, funny, polite and ready to help. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I didnt love the bathrooms because the counter space was very minimal. The maid service was just ok, there was a blood stain on my sheet (not from me) and the rooms seemed a touch dated. NYC is such an amazing place that I didn't care that the rooms werent mind blowing. Small rooms seem to be the thing out there. The elevators in this hotel are extremely slow and old so make sure you arent in a rush! Other than that... I felt like family at this hotel... the cookies are awesome but I definitely ate too many of them LOL! Anyways I would most definitely stay here again just based on the fact that the staff was that great :)

Room Tip: Choose a higher room, its quiet and you can get a small view...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Sonjdradeluxe,

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback! I am glad to hear that you had so many great laughs with our staff and am so glad that you ate too many of our cookies. It is always our pleasure to keep a smile on your face and a warm DoubleTree cookie in your hand! If there is ever any way that I can be of any service to you and/or extend you one too many of our delicious cookies, please let me know. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and have a wonderful day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First off, let me say that I received exceptional service from the staff at this hotel. We got in very early, way before regular check-in time, expecting to check our bags and walk around a while. William was working the front desk, and recognizing my diamond Hilton status, worked with the housekeeping group to find us a room that was ready and move us to a higher floor. Although the rooms are absurdly small for what you're paying, this is NYC. Also it is very difficult to get a cab here, as it is mid-block. Everything else was pretty consistent with every other Doubletree. The only real drawback was that as we checked out, the bellman, I believe his name was Adam, offerred a private car to the airport for $55, which was supposed to include tolls but not gratuity. Well when we got to the airport, the driver wanted to charge us $60 + $8 in tolls. So what should have been a $65 ride ended up being $80. Watch out for that. Don't let that be a reason not to stay here. All in all, I'd go back.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am quite pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I thank you for your kind words towards our staff, however I am most disturbed and sorry to hear about any rate discrepancy that you may have experienced utilizing the airport transportation services arranged for you by the staff of our hotel. Please, contact me, so that I can address and rectify this matter, as well as extend you a full refund of the airport transportation costs, as a token of our apologies for any inconvenience and/or unpleasantness that this matter may have caused you. My contact information is available below and I am happy to be of service to you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and have a wonderful day!

Been to Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South? Share your experiences!