“Very Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South

You added Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South to your Saves list
Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   341 West 36th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly Hotel 36) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #238 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Very Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Typical DoubleTree - clean, nice staff, professionally ran and basic rooms. Typical small rooms as is the norm in NYC. Good stay for a few days everything fine. Location ok a bit grungy but I like being out of the craziness a bit. Shout to all staff who were all very helpful and professional during my stay. Reasonably priced. I would stay again.

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The rooms are smal, but ok. The service was nice. Would have been nice with a smal refrigirator in the room so you did not have to go and get ice when you were tierd. The cookies you got at check in was greate.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I travel all the time for business and have NEVER had experience like this. I actually had a couple of small, easily fixed problems and people were so courteous and apologetic, you would think it was much more drastic. Every moment we were there, there was someone doing his or her best to take care of us - I honestly was blown away by the general kindness and overall friendliness of the staff there. They must have an excellent recruitment team, too! I thoroughly recommend this hotel if you are interested in having a personal touch. This is the 8th hotel I have stayed in Manhattan so far this year and by far, the plain nicest - some of the others had fancier amenities or bigger rooms but none could beat their exceptional service.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is great! Its comfortable and clean, I have never had a complaint. The staff are friendly and helpful... I go once a year, and some of the staff recognize me on sight! A six block walk from Times Square, and across the street from Madison Square Gardens and Herald Square shopping, including Macy's.

Room Tip: Shopping and theatre!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I spent almost two weeks at this hotel while apartment hunting in NYC. We have no complaints, everyone did the best to accommodate our requests. The staff is exceptional - from the front door to room service. The bedroom is small, but it is as expected in NYC. The bed is comfortable, room was clean and food was nice. Is also located in the heart of midtown and you can do most things walking or by subway. Definitely recommend!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is not the hotel we originally booked. We were attending a graduation at MSG so booked Hampton Inn at 31st and 6th. I'm a hilton honors member so only looked at Hilton hotels. After one night we had to call hilton customer service to help get us out of Hampton Inn there was major major construction. Not a little banging, earth shattering banging so we were able to move to doubletree with help of agent. Problem though check out at Hampton is 12pm and check in at doubletree 3pm and graduation at 2. We were already tired and annoyed about having to move hotels after booking it months ago but glad to not deal with noise. So our first impression of doubletree was important and it was great when they accommodated the request for early check in so we could get ready for graduation. Check in was a breeze Jennifer was great, even called to make sure everything was ok in the room, everyone so friendly. So about the room and stay, haven't stayed in NYC in many years so my best comparison was the night before at Hampton.

Bathroom was great for small New York room, so nice to have a full counter to get ready very spacious hairdryer not attached to wall so much nicer than the pedestal sink in Hampton where I had no where to set my stuff. Plus space under the sink for bulky things.

Room is very small, large suitcases would be an issue but expected in City. Still had luggage rack, iron and board, and hooks to help.

Bed comfortable but I do agree with other reviews the duvet between two sheets was a bit weird when it got messed up I was afraid it was dirty and was touching me, looked clean but I wondered. Bed was nice and the room was quiet which is exactly what we needed since we were on west coast time and no need to be up at 7am as we were unfortunately forced to be the day before.

Free water bonus! Love it.

Bonus 2 fridge perfect for free water.

Bonus 3 goes warm cookies go nice with water!

Hotel has a restaurant which is convenient (no free breakfast included), didn't eat there but good to have.

Pretty close to Times Square, MSG and Penn station, shopping etc. a bit off beaten track but not bad. Road is a bit dirty and torn up leading to hotel but didn't feel unsafe.

Overall very pleased with our stay. Great service, nice hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Joshua D, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear CA Goldilocks,

Thank you for taking the time to extend this most excellent review! I am so sorry about all the trouble that you experienced prior to arriving with us, but I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you in your time of need. Please, contact the next time you are coming back to the Big Apple, and please do not wait for the next graduation - this city has a million shows and attractions that I think you just might like! - and I will personally see to your accommodations with us, ensure that you get all the bonuses, as well as extend you complimentary breakfast, for your continued loyalty to DoubleTree Times Square South. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and have a wonderful day!
Stratford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Yes it is expensive, but the location is prime. Middle of Times Square near the M&M store, Disney, and Toys R Us. Great if you plan on walking around Times Square and shopping. Nice employees who are very helpful, and nice rooms with great views. I would use this hotel again.

Stayed April 2015
Dear Anton Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! I am so glad that you so thoroughly enjoyed the location of our hotel. I hope that you make us your hotel of choice every that time that you back in town! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and have a wonderful day!

Been to Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South? Share your experiences!