“Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, New York City, United States” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South

You added Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South to your Saves list
Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   341 West 36th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly Hotel 36)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #256 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, New York City, United States”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from a 5 night stay booked through the Hilton Honours loyalty card. They sold it to me as a 4* hotel and charged appropriately. The rooms are tiny, the furniture and décor are extremely old and worn. The breakfast is disgusting and would recommend eating out. The bar shuts at 10pm, so you can't have a night cap after returning from an evening meal. To top it all off I have since found out that had I not used their own Honours scheme, which is supposed to reward you for your loyalty, I would have got it for half the money! Not what I have ever experienced with Hilton before. Awful!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is a little ways from Times Square, but not too far to walk when the weather is nice. Being close to 9th Street and Hells Kitchen makes it a great place for foodies. You can find some great food really close to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Plymouth Meeting, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wonderful stay until I got my car back from valet parking and my window was down (wouldn't go back up), it was pouring rain, and freezing while I have 2 young children in the car. My fiancé had to take the door panel off to get it up. Valet drivers should only drive your car to the garage and back. They should never touch anything in the car especially the windows in the winter. There was absolutely no reason for the window to be down. It's cold in December. When my fiancé complained, gentlemen said there should be a note on the window that it's broken. I'm sorry, but there should be no reason for a note as it's my car and you shouldn't be playing with my windows during the winter. My children were freezing as it took a long time to get the door panel off with no tools and to get the window up. Very disappointed in how this situation was handled.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We needed a place to stay that was close to Penn Station. The hotel was very nice. They let us check in early. The bathroom was a little dated and could use an upgrade but it was clean. Great value for a nice hotel!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had a one day stay in this Doubletree (the one on west 36th in Manhattan) recently, and I found the staff to be extraordinarily courteous, friendly and helpful! I arrived from Switzerland without the power cord for my laptop and the folks at the front desk told me exactly where to go - even looking up the opening hours for me. The doorman told me where I could get a quick manicure. They also stored one suitcase for me when I made a 2 day trip to Philadelphia.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable, and the room was not as small as many single rooms in NYC. It is only a couple of blocks from Penn Station and just a few blocks to the heart of Times Square. Some room packages include free internet.

I would definitely stay here again!

Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel 2 prior times and still plan on staying there again. The last day I was shocked that my room was never made up. I did not have a "do not disturb" sign on my door. When I got back to the room it was too late for this service. I was not happy about this. Regarding other housekeeping issues. Every day a cart with clean sheets and towels was stored in the hall way. Every day....I have never seen this before. Is this normal at this hotel? I would love to know why this hotel cannot have PBS as one of the channel choices.

Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location...did not hear a lot of traffic or street noise, very clean hotel. Rooms small but that's to be expected in NYC. All of the staff I interacted with were extremely friendly and helpful...really made a positive impression. Only problem was that the TV wouldn't work....this wasn't a big issue and I didn't bother to tell anyone until I checked out. Based on my experiences with the staff I am sure they would have been very willing to address the issue had I brought it up. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South

Address: 341 West 36th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly Hotel 36)
Location: United States > New York > New York City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#140 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#201 Family Hotel in New York City
#224 Business Hotel in New York City
#225 Romantic Hotel in New York City
Hotel Class:4 star — Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham New York City
Wyndham Garden Hotel

If you own or manage Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.