“Enjoyable Stay and very central” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South

You added Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South to your Saves list
Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   341 West 36th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Book on a Hilton Website
Ranked #289 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Enjoyable Stay and very central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here for a 3 night break in NYC. I must say it's very central and located just a couple of block from Penn Station. The room was small but very clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This is an ideal spot if you just want to be located in the heart of times Sq. There is also free wifi, which is a bonus. I'd recommend this hotel if someone was looking for a short stay in NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen T
Joshua D, Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Stephen,

Hello and good day! My name is Joshua Daly, Guest Relations Manager – DoubleTree Times Square South. I am glad to hear that you found our staff helpful and accommodating, as well as the location of our hotel. I'll be sure to share your feedback on our spotless bathrooms with our Housekeeping Management Team, so that this outstanding service does not go unrecognized. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful day!

park city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Everything about my stay was great!! Todd was so helpful and friendly when I checked in. The room was great and I had such a nice view on the 20th floor. Sal who worked in the lobby was so nice and personable TO EVERYONE that came through the door and was always smiling. It was seriously something I have never experienced before in NYC. Jennifer at the front desk was super helpful as well in finding nontourist spots to check out. I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Lyndsey B
Joshua D, Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Lyndsey,

Hello and good day! My name is Joshua Daly, Guest Relations Manager – DoubleTree Times Square South. I am thrilled to hear your wonderful praises of Jennifer, Sal, and Todd, our Guest Service All Stars!! it was very kind of you to provide this positive feedback and I look forward to sharing this with our entire Guest Services Team here at DoubleTree Times Square South. We look forward to your next visit with us! Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Times Square South and have a fantastic day!
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I highly recommend this property. The staff was wonderful in accommodating my son and me after we left a different property two days early.

It's very close to subways and attractions.

The rooms are small but clean and effective.

The only thing I would warn you about is hopefully you don't need to park a car. They use a car storage place across the street that is very expensive, and they charge more for SUV's. Your best bet is to use a taxi or train from the airport and get around town using taxis or subways. The cost will probably be cheaper than the car storage.

I'll be in NYC again soon, and this is most likely where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Request a high room at the back of the hotel, not on 36th street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kenneth M
Joshua D, Manager at Doubletree By Hilton - Times Square South, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your guest transportation advice is highly appreciated. Our hotel is, fortunately, located within walking distance to multiple subway and bus options (i.e. 1,2,3,7,N,Q,R,E trains as well as many others) and this is the most convenient way to travel within the city of New York. Our bellman are also available to make taxi, car service, and limo arrangements for our guests. I would also like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff. I am glad that they made you and your son's stay with us comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your feedback! Have a great day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a fabulous experience. The staff is supremely attentive and courteous. Wonderful location. Not only are the people lovely, but the cookies are amazing!!!
We were greeted by Thomas at the front desk. Sal and Adam, the bellmen were terrific from getting us settled in our rooms to taking care of our luggage the day we left.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Conk Family!

Thank you so much for your highly positive feedback to our Guest Services Team Members Sal, Thomas, and Adam! This feedback will be shared with the entire DoubleTree Times Square South Guest Services Team, so that this outstanding service can be recognized and praised by our Management Team. I am glad you enjoy our cookies. It's always a pleasure for us to extend them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope that you make DoubleTree Times Square South your hotel of choice whenever visiting the New York City area. Have a wonderful day!
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I would rate this hotel a little higher than average but not quite very good, if only because there was a bit of a disconnect between the room prices and the room size. I've traveled to NY a lot and am used to really small hotel rooms but usually the more you pay equals a little more room size which was not the case with this property. Having said that the staff was very professional and courteous and went out of their way to help me with a number of time sensitive errands and the location was very central to a number of areas I needed to be in NY. If you want a quiet (relatively, by NY standards) convenient hotel that's close to Times Square and Madison Square Garden without being in the middle of all that, you could do a lot worse than this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room ask about a suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Todd,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I apologize that you did not find the size of the guest rooms that we offer to be proportionate with the rates of our guest rooms. There are many factors that come into play when constructing our rates - demand, dates, location, market competition, etc. - and we do make every effort to provide our guests with the lowest possible rates. I am sorry that you did not find our rates satisfactory during the dates of your stay with us. I am glad to hear your glowing praises of our Guest Service Team, and I am also glad to hear that you found our location accommodating to your travel needs. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Times Square South and have a great day!
Lake Forest, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The people that work here are great. Everyone is super friendly and aimed to make your stay enjoyable. However, the room was not clean on 2 evenings that we returned to the room. We had to call the front desk and leave the room for an hour each evening. Other than that, it was great. The rooms were very small and definitely not cheap but this is what you get in NYC. But that being said, the rooms could have been slightly bigger for the money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very sorry that you did not find the size of our guest rooms accommodating to your travel needs. I am also very sorry about the report that you made regarding the Housekeeping Services for your room during your stay with us. This matter as been addressed and rectified with our Guest Services Management as well as our Housekeeping Management Teams. I hope that you found our resolution satisfactory. I would like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff. I look forward to sharing this positive feedback with the rest of the DoubleTree Times Square South Guest Services Team. Thank you for all of your feedback, your patience, understanding, and loyalty to DoubleTree Times Square South. Have a fantastic day!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great location if you want to catch Broadway shows, do some big-store shopping, and have an unlimited Metro Pass to visit many other parts of NYC -- this hotel is just blocks away from it all...yet far enough for some peace and quiet when you want to sleep. (However, I'm originally from New York so walking a few blocks is not a big deal to me. Some people who want the hub-bub of Times Square right outside your door may prefer another hotel.)

We had a king room with a great shower (no tub), a small desk to get some work done, and a small amount of floor space. It's great for a couple, but you'd probably need more room for a family. While the in-room coffee is iffy, the free cookies are a big plus. Overall, it's a great place to stay if you simply want a clean room to rest your head, and basic amenities to clean up from your day's adventures.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Rodriguez,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and services of the hotel. I am glad you found our location accommodating to your travel needs and quite enough for a restful night's sleep. I am also glad that you enjoyed our cookies. We enjoy offering them to you! Please, make DoubleTree Times Square South your hotel of choice whenever visiting the New York City area. We appreciate your business and loyalty. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and have a wonderful day!