While this hotel is in a perfect location if you are visiting the East Village in Manhattan, it does not make up for the miniature rooms, indifferent staff and ridiculously high price. And let's not talk about the extra add-on taxes one pays for the privilege. The "story" is that this hotel is in the "European Tradition." I have never had a room that small, anywhere. And in Europe, one gets a great breakfast and coffee. All extra at the standard at NYC prices (two double espressos:
$13.00, not delivered, in paper cups).
And did I mention the small room? Well, it was so small that there was no room to open a luggage stand. We had to move the TV onto the floor and use the TV stand. For $250, I could have lived with it. But for over $500 (when you include tax) I felt like a sucker. Shame on me.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard, East Village Hotel
- The Standard, East Village Hotel New York City
- Hotel Cooper Square
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cooper Square Hotel has recently been acquired by hotelier Andre Balazs to become the 5th addition to The Standard group of hotels in New York, Los Angeles and Miami. Located on the corner of East 5th Street and Bowery, the 21 story building offers 145 spacious rooms and suites with sweeping views of Manhattan, thoughtful comforts and stellar service in one of New York’s most exciting neighborhoods. The Standard, East Village provides a more intimate, residential alternative to The Standard on the High Line, on the West Side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingCom, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Splendia, MrandMrsSmith, EasyToBook, Venere, Otel, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard, East Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.