Eventually, the lobby renovations will be done, but for now, room access is a bit awkward and even finding the hotel entrance the first time can be tricky, but because the Standard is a mostly isolated tower in the neighborhood, the views from even the most basic rooms are notable.
During my mid-September visit, they were offering all guests complimentary breakfast on their top floor interior meeting/event space and open roof deck with 360 views of the city.
The room was small, but light filled during the day with floor to ceiling windows along the long wall. In fact, because of the angled exterior wall design, the room felt like a corner room despite not actually being on the corner of the building. The windows and views continued to the bathroom space, but at less than full height. Even the view from the shower was outstanding.
I had a problem with a malfunctioning cable box on my TV which was fixed after just a passing mention of it to a staff member at the bell desk on my way out for a short time out of the hotel. I also had some trouble getting to my room because of a crowd waiting to get to an event on the top floor. Despite those minor annoyances, the stay was pleasant.
I've already booked my next stay.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard, East Village Hotel
- The Standard, East Village Hotel New York City
- Hotel Cooper Square
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cooper Square Hotel has recently been acquired by hotelier Andre Balazs to become the 5th addition to The Standard group of hotels in New York, Los Angeles and Miami. Located on the corner of East 5th Street and Bowery, the 21 story building offers 145 spacious rooms and suites with sweeping views of Manhattan, thoughtful comforts and stellar service in one of New York’s most exciting neighborhoods. The Standard, East Village provides a more intimate, residential alternative to The Standard on the High Line, on the West Side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingCom, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Splendia, MrandMrsSmith, EasyToBook, Venere, Otel, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard, East Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.