New York isnt a cheap place to stay - and we ended up spending a bit more to stay 2 nights at The Standard. Its a very trendy hotel, with stylish staff and fittings , if a little on the 'safe' side.
Our room was only on the 4th floor so I was a little dissapointed for the money we were spending we didn't get a great view over the tops of the buildings. The windows let plenty of light in , and i was slightly worried at first people could see into our room from street level.
The room was larger then originally expected, with a very comfy soft bed.
Highlight was the bathtub , amazing to enjoy after a long day :) The huge monk robes were pretty funny !
Because of construction work currently happening the hotel is offering complimentary breakfast in the penthouse - this is a massive bonus as gives you fantastic views over the whole city. Gorgeous room, nice bagels! make use of this, if it wasnt included i would think the hotel was a little over priced for what you get.
Location of the hotel is pretty good :)
- Also Known As:
- The Standard, East Village Hotel
- The Standard, East Village Hotel New York City
- Hotel Cooper Square
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cooper Square Hotel has recently been acquired by hotelier Andre Balazs to become the 5th addition to The Standard group of hotels in New York, Los Angeles and Miami. Located on the corner of East 5th Street and Bowery, the 21 story building offers 145 spacious rooms and suites with sweeping views of Manhattan, thoughtful comforts and stellar service in one of New York’s most exciting neighborhoods. The Standard, East Village provides a more intimate, residential alternative to The Standard on the High Line, on the West Side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, MrandMrsSmith, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard, East Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.