This was my second visit this summer and it was wonderful. The staff were very welcoming upon our arrival and they went out of their way to help us with anything we requested. The construction is still on-going in the lobby, but that was not a problem at all. With the construction comes free breakfast in the penthouse, which is awesome perk. The views from the penthouse are spectacular and the breakfast is good too. The rooms are small, but you just have to expect that going in. The views more than makeup for the small rooms. The location is also a huge perk. You are surrounded by great restaurants in the East Village and there are several nearby subway stops making the city very accesible. Overall a great place to stay!
- Also Known As:
- The Standard, East Village Hotel
- The Standard, East Village Hotel New York City
- Hotel Cooper Square
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cooper Square Hotel has recently been acquired by hotelier Andre Balazs to become the 5th addition to The Standard group of hotels in New York, Los Angeles and Miami. Located on the corner of East 5th Street and Bowery, the 21 story building offers 145 spacious rooms and suites with sweeping views of Manhattan, thoughtful comforts and stellar service in one of New York’s most exciting neighborhoods. The Standard, East Village provides a more intimate, residential alternative to The Standard on the High Line, on the West Side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard, East Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.