“Nice place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chelsmore Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chelsmore Apartments
You added Chelsmore Apartments to your Saves list
205 West 15th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Well I guess that in NY, budget travelers can't be too picky.
let me start by saying that this is the second time I've stayed in the chelsmore, the first time was also the first time in NY so everything looked perfect , I have had a great memories from that place so we decided to return.

In the second time you learned to open your eyes a little bit more.
The rooms are very old and neglected, don't expect a luxurious room. that's the case with the unrenovated rooms. with the newly renovated i don't have an experience.
th location is great, but than again, most of the hotels in NY ae loceted in a great location.
The staff is nice, didn't have too much interaction with them anyway.
I guess that this place have some charm despite what was mentioned above, since IT IS the big apple, and all you need in a hotel is a clean bed and warm water. that's my opinion.

Unless I will find somthing cheaper next time I'm in NY, I'll probably return to the chelsmore.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Had the opportunity to spend a month in the Big Apple. The Chelsmore apartments were not a five star hotel but very adequate and extremely budget friendly. Very conveniently located to the subway, a wonderful grocery store and lots of restaurants. We will be staying there again in the summer of 2011. Can't wait.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed in Chelsmore apts for ten days. I travelled to New York with my boyfriend, we are both in our twenties-thirties and it was the best place ever. A non renovated studio apartment is 130 dollars a night, a reasonable price for Chelsea. The location was great, only a few blocks from Union Square and all the big stores (The Gap, Barnes and Nobles, Paragon, Adorama). The furniture was a little old but in good condition, and the apartment was clean when we arrived. We were provided with all we needed: towels, clean blankets, sponge, detergent, paper, etc. The staff was very helpful to us, even when we had a problem with our credit card on the first day (as we were travelling from overseas). Although it's not a hotel, there's someone at the reception 24 hours a day and the area is really safe and trendy. The apartments have plenty of space; we arrived tired at night and were able to relax and enjoy having a kitchen, a microwave and a TV. There's a laundry in the basement (which we didn't use but may be of great help for those staying longer. I'd say that if you fancy to stay more than a week in New York and you are looking for a quiet, familiar, cozy place to stay in, then you should go for Chelsmore.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I rent a renovate apartment was very clean and comfortable. The furniture was eleganltly and feeling like new. Nearby were subway and supermarket, restaurant, and laundry in the building. I stay 2 month for business. My client visit and very impress this apartment.
The staff is helpful and always answer question.
This price very good and service also very good. I recommend. Sorry for english.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
tel aviv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

If you wish to stay in a dirty apartment, with broken furniture, where the stuff is less then pleasant and mice are a part of your company - then choose Chelsmore.
Otherwise - stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

The flats are large and in the Chelsea area, great for the village and a metro ride for the center (or a very long walk). Although the refurbishments are basic they work fine and for a longish stay (6 days is he minimum here) you get an apartment you can feel comfortable in. The staff are OK and it is clean enough. Unless you are fussy you will enjoy your trip and save a bit of money from your lodging cost for the excellent restaurants in the nearby village.

• Liked — the price and the size
  • Disliked — a bit shabby
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I stayed in the Chelsmore Apartments for 7 nights during May 2008 with my mother and my sister, and we utterly enjoyed our stay.
At first look the place could be a bit alarming - it definitely isn't a 5 star hotel - but once we settled in we started appreciating the place's advantages.
Our apartment looked like my old grandma's apartment - only huge and in a great location in Manhattan. We liked just spending an evening on the couch watching TV and reheating some food we bought in the nearby supermarket.
Overall, it's a great alternative if you're looking for a good place to stay in Manhattan without going bankrupt.

• Liked — Price, location and big apartment
  • Disliked — Old building, very simple rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Chelsmore Apartments? Share your experiences!