You added Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   343 West 39th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #228 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had a 6 night stay in March with my husband for my 50th birthday. This is a good value hotel which is well located for walking to Times Square, Empire State Building, Rockerfeller Centre, Intrepid etc. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Paid for a room with a view on a higher floor (we got the 27th floor) and could see the top of the Empire State, World Trade Centre and the River Hudson. The staff were polite, helpful and efficient. Breakfast was included, a big bonus and set us up for the day, good choice and tasty. The breakfast room is a little cramped, try to go when it's not the busy time. Also free efficient wifi. The only problem we had was half way through a shower the cold water went off which meant scolding hot water. Maintenance arrived within 5 minutes of our call and it was sorted. Overall a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Shazpadge,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Times Square for your accommodation needs during your visit to NYC. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the view for your bedroom. Our staff strive for guest satisfaction and I am happy to know they did just that. I lament to hear that you experienced difficulties with the shower but happy to know that our team was able to rectify the issue in promptly matter. We are looking forward in welcoming you soon!

Frank Cortese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here in September. The location was very good and the hotel was sufficient for our needs. Only 1 problem no bar. Nice complimentary breakfast.concierge very helpful. Would recommend for short stays.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Sarah H,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Times Square as accommodation needs for your visit to NYC. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay and that our concierge was helpful. I lament to hear that you were disappointed that our hotel does not offer a bar but on a good note you enjoyed our free hot breakfast. We hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Let me start by saying... "what's all the fuss about staying in or near Times Square" ?

Cabs are cheap, New York Roads are so easy to navigate through and you can find the best hotels barely a $10 ride away.

The Good :
The hotel is located a few minutes away from Times Square and the staff are helpful and friendly, breakfast is on the house and internet is free.

The Bad:
The room is so damn tiny !!... if you're expecting to be sentenced to a cell in solitary confinement, a room at the Holiday Inn is all you need as practice.

The internet is so terribly slow, you'd probably slit your wrists in frustration. The management should really look at improving the speed to give guests an option to upgrade to something that will help you retain your sanity by the end of your stay

The lifts are slow. I knew all the guests on my floor. We chatted while waiting for the lift

The Ugly
The carpets are filthy. The management needs to wake up and have them changed to a colour that makes the tiny rooms come alive. Please guys... do yourselves a favour and get the carpets changed or replace them with tiled or parquet flooring

The emergency doors open outwards. Could hurt someone waiting for the now famously slow lifts

Better hotels can be found right outside or in the middle of Times Square. If you want to live like a star, find a hotel near Central Park instead

Probably the worst hotel of my US and Canada holiday.
The carpets are

Room Tip: Highers floors please
Green Features: If unwashed carpets count as water saving, then this hotel is really environmentally freindly
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Frank C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Keith L,

Thank you for your recent feedback during your stay with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. We appreciate and value your feedback. We are glad to know that our staff were helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. Thank you for your suggestions, we are in the process of getting approval for new carpets along with new furniture. We hope to have with us in the future.

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed with my family for six days in may2014. I paid cash still they charged me on card(which was put on hold) . after a month on my complaining to them they reversed to a wrong card . I had to pay my bank charges and interest as my card was overseas. I contacted them several times to get my things done but rarely received any call back . I believe this hotel is good for people living in US and not travelers from overseas or maybe they don't care for foreigners.

Room Tip: higher the better
Green Features: their advantage you may say is location .just 10 -15 min from time square.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Surinder555,

Thank you booking accommodation needs with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. I do lament to hear that you experienced billing issues. I am aware of the situation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I am happy to know that our front office supervisors have already rectified this billing issue. We hope you can give us a second opportunity in the future.

Racine, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is without a doubt, the dirtiest I have ever been in. We took two of our grandchildren and the four of us in approx. 10X12 room with two standard beds. The kids socks were absolutely BLACK after 5 minutes in the room. Everything was filthy, filthy, and filthy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guiseppe R,

Thank you for your recent feedback of the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. I lament to hear that our room’s cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please note that we do that our guest feedback very seriously. I will address this review with our housekeeping managers so they can ensure that our housekeeping attendants are cleaning the rooms thoroughly. We hope you can give us a second opportunity and stay with us in the future.

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family (10 of us) and I stayed at this hotel 6/29-7/2 to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday. Half of us came from Upstate New York, and the other half came from Northern Virginia for the celebration. When researching hotels for our stay, I needed to find a hotel that was close to Times Square AND had a free breakfast (looking for a breakfast place each morning was going to be hard considering we had 3 elderly people with us-plus the added expense). The main reason I chose the Holiday Inn Express was because they had a HOT continental breakfast! The breakfast each morning was wonderful! They had omelets (one day Western, another day cheese), bacon & sausage (bacon one day, sausage another day), bagels, cereal, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, hard-boiled eggs - need I go on??? What a wonderful way to start our morning each day! We were off and running with such a large breakfast!

The ladies that worked in the Breakfast Area (IVET, YSABEL, & THERESA) were SO very accommodating - they were always there replenishing the food, cleaning the tables, letting us use the microwave (we had a guest with us that has Celiac Disease and she brought her own oatmeal) each morning, telling us where everything was, etc. - so very sweet and helpful!

Each and every time we entered the hotel, the Front Desk always had smiles on their faces and answered our questions each and every time! We had a slight issue with our bills (we had 4 rooms) and handled it in such a professional manner - it was cleared up in no time!

I would, without a doubt, not hesitate to stay again at this hotel, or recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: We had 4 rooms; 2 with king beds - 2 with doubles. All 4 rooms were very clean and very quiet. The...
Dear Nancy22193,

Thank you for booking your accommodation needs with the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. We realize that there are many other options and we happy to know you chose us to help you celebrate your mothers special day. I will share this review with my team so they are aware that their hard work and great guest service, is being recognized. Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to have you stay with us in the future!

Warm regards,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel has it all! Great location! Clean rooms! Free Breakfast! Free Wi-Fi! Friendly & helpful staff! Safe and comfortable!

We stayed for July 4th weekend and it was fantastic! Take a look at our awesome view from our room on the 32nd floor! Amazing views of the Empire State Building! Beautiful patriotic lighting!

A special shout-out to Ms. Murillo for being so kind & thoughtful!

If you are looking for a place in Manhattan, THIS IS IT! Perfect for business or couples or families or holidays or anything!

When we return to NYC, we will book here again without hesitation!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for exceptional views!
Dear Returningtoguat,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We really do appreciate and value your feedback. We are delighted to know that our front office staff were friendly and helpful. We are looking forward in welcoming you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Frank Cortest

Been to Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square? Share your experiences!