“Excellent value and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square

You added Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   343 West 39th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #220 of 463 Hotels in New York City
surrey
“Excellent value and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the second occasion we've stayed at this hotel the fist time being 18 months ago.
Good check in - late check out of 2pm due to being a reward card holder.
We were on the 33rd floor and the speed of the lifts seem to have improved since we were here last!
Nice clean rooms, comfortable beds, no external noise, 5 mins from Time Square, decent breakfast and really cheerful staff!
Would definitely return

• Stayed August 2013
HIXTSFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear essexgirlSurrey,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us! We truly appreciate you choosing our location again for your accommodation needs and it was a pleasure to have you as a return guest. We hope other travelers benefit from your feedback and hope to have you stay with us again! Thanks again for your review and we wish you the best in your travels!

Team Holiday Inn Express Times Square

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Minot, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My adult family of four stayed 6 nights at this hotel and had a wonderful experience. Friendly helpful staff, wonderful breakfast buffet, and super service by all. The hotel was a short walk to Times Square with many places to shop, eat, and play in the area. We felt safe walking late at night back to this hotel. The concierge was always willing to help and share what we needed to know to get around the city. The hotel staff was friendly and fun to talk with sharing their experiences to help us enjoy our vacation. The rooms are cozy, very clean with comfortable beds.
I recommend this hotel for its location and clean friendly accomodations!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Deb R,

Thanks so much for the kind review of our hotel! We appreciate you choosing our location for your recent visit to NY and hope you and your family had a memorable experience. It’s great to see you enjoyed our location and amenities and we hope to be your hotel of choice for future trips to NYC. Thanks again for sharing and we wish you safe travels!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from New York having spend 3 nights at this hotel. It is a 5 minute if not less, walk from Times Square and has presented real value for money. I have visited New York many times and we normally stay in a four or five star hotel at over double the cost, however this time we decided to stay in a budget hotel as this was the last leg of our trip in the US.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are trying to keep the costs down. We stayed in a Queen room, overlooking the main road. The rooms are quiet small, could do with some updating but are adequate, if you are planning on spending most of your time out and about. The rooms were air conditioned, and best of all you get free wifi in the bedrooms. It was clean and nothing was too much to ask for with the polite. professional and friendly staff.

The breakfast is served in a small conservatory and this can get busy. Breakfast is basic, but again adequate and presents good value, which is included in the room price. Just outside the breakfast room are tea and coffee facilities where you can help yourself 24 hours a day. For Brits who like their tea - they serve Tetley's and Liptons tea. There are no Tea and Coffee facilities in the bedrooms.

We left the hotel before 6.00am on Monday 12th August and the lovely lady who helps to make the breakfast worked really hard to try and serve my husband and I pancakes before we left and before the breakfast room officially opens. A lovely lady who was exceptional!!

I perhaps wouldn't have stayed here if I had my four children with me. My only reason for not staying here with the children is the size of the rooms and we would get in each others way. Other than that, a great place to stay and my first hotel review ever!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HIXTSFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Carol F,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review and we hope other travelers will benefit from your feedback. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and hope to have you stay with us again. Thanks again for the kind review and we wish you the best in your travels!

Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

After an airline (which shall not be named in this review) stranded me in New York City, it was either sleep in the airport or go to the city. After a couple of phone calls the Holiday Inn Express on 39th St was chosen. The staff were warm, welcoming, and professional; a radical change from the nameless airline's agents.

Customer service goes a loooong way with me, and these guys delivered.

As for NYC... I'd never been there before (I know, I know) so I can't fairly compare the HIX to other hotels in its demographic. The only constructive criticism I can offer is that the carpet is probably due for an upgrade. I consider this a very minor detail.

Room Tip: Go up as high as you can. The views are pretty good!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HIXTSFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear JW-xplore,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re sorry to hear about your troubles with the airlines, but are happy that we were able to improve your situation. Thank you for your suggestion about our carpets and you’ll be happy to know that we are already looking into an upgrade. We hope to have you stay with us again so you can see how we’re constantly working to improve. Thanks again for your kind feedback and we wish you safe travels!

canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday for 4 nites, we were 4 ladies, we had 2 double beds. I found the rooms clean but dated and old. they really need to upgrade. the space was very small to move around should have only had one bed in the room not two. There was no space for the coffee maker is was put on the ground between the two beds under the only nite table and the ice bucket was put on top of the wardrobe too high for us to reach. There was really no place for us to put our suitcases without tripping over them. (could not even put them under the bed it was blocked) The only chair in the room was so worn down that it had worn away on many places and was pealing very badly and not comfortable to sit on. The location was good and the hotel included breakfast which you have to get there early as it is small and packed but was satisfying. I don't think I would recommend this hotel to any one unless they did some renovations. I travel very often for my company and have stayed in many hotels but was a little disappointed with this one. The rooms tho quoted to hold four should really only be for two, so if you are two it would be okay, still small but okay.

Room Tip: not sure as I only saw my room and it was the 3rd floor so did not use the elevator much mostly the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HIXTSFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear canada11111,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs. After reading your review we feel the need to apologize for failing to meet your expectations during your stay. We are committed to offering the best service and value for our guests and failure to do so is simply unacceptable on our part. We hope to have the opportunity to make up for the negative experience and look forward to your return. We appreciate your understanding and wish you only the best.

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I traveled to NY city for three days and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Times Square. The rooms were clean and we all found the staff to be helpful. We made it down for breakfast everday and I have to say the food was good and there was plenty of it. Even at the peak time we were able to get in and enjoy breakfast. Yes, the hotel only has two elevators and we stayed on the 15th floor but we never waited to long. The hotel is located close enough to Times Square, Broadway and other attractions. The hotel is also very close to Hells Kitchen were you will find some great resturants. The desk clerk was very helpful by printing directions for my sister and I to take the train to Brooklyn. The hotel also accomadated my family by putting us on the same floor. Great NY Visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear delorise,

Thanks for the great review of our hotel! We hope you and your family had a memorable experience here in New York and were encouraged to return again. It’s great to see you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed our amenities. We hope to be your hotel of choice for future visits to NYC. Thanks again for sharing your feedback and we wish you the best in your travels!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I just came back from a week long girls trip in NYC. I researched several hotels in the Times Square area. This one had great reviews and now I see why. The staff was very friendly. Alex, at the front desk, was extremely efficient during check in and also suggested a few restaurants in the area. The rooms were small, but very clean. We stayed on the 2nd floor, which was fine. The view was not important to me because we were only in our room to sleep/shower. We took the stairs because the elevator wait could be more than a few minutes. The breakfast was good also, which saved $$. I would recommend this hotel to friends and I would also stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HIXTSFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a generous review! We hope you all had a great time here in New York and were encouraged to visit again. We are humbled by your recommendation and hope to be your hotel of choice for future visits to NYC. Thanks again for being our guest and we wish you the best in your travels!

Team Holiday Inn Express Times Square

Been to Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square? Share your experiences!