We stayed in this hotel for 3 days with a group on 8 people. We booked 2 double rooms. We arrived very early, around 8 in the morning, so of course our rooms weren't ready. I had emailed the manager a few weeks before the trip to request high rooms and to make sure we could leave our luggage there. He replied very quickly and offered to get us early check-in, at no cost, if if was available that morning. The hotel was booked solid, so they didn't have a room, but they were so, so, so nice! They took our bags right away and told us to go and have breakfast! How great is that?! The breakfast was good too - pancakes, biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, toast, eggs, bagels, yogurt...you didn't leave hungry. It definitely made our long day of exploring start well. Our rooms were ready for us after 2, but we didn't get back until around 5. The rooms themselves were great - not big, but it is New York! They were clean and not as small as I was thinking. There were 2 double beds, a small computer desk, tv, etc. The bathroom was a decent size too. Everything was very clean and fresh and the beds were comfortable. We were on the the 33rd floor, high as requested, and it was great. We barely heard any road noise, none if the windows stayed closed, and we had no problems with the elevators. The staff were all incredibly friendly and the location was fantastic. It was less than a 5 min walk to Times Square and about 2 minutes to the subway. The only thing close to negative that I have to say, is if you need the concierge desk, you may as well just use google...she was not helpful in the least.
You can definitely eat on the cheap in New York, if you know where to go. We had some of the best pizza, hot dogs and deli in our lives and didn't spend over $20 for 2 on a meal. It is also possible to see a lot in a short time if you utilize the subways. We did the Empire State building (went at midnight to avoid lines and got great views), Staten Island Ferry/Statue, Brooklyn, walked back via BBridge, Katz Deli, Little Italy, Central Park, Madison Sq Garden, Grand Central, 9/11 Memorial, Times Square....it was busy, but totally worth it!! The people of NY were some of the nicest I've ever met, anywhere!!! I will be back!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New York City hotel offers location close to Times Square. Located in the middle of Manhattan, the Holiday Inn Express New York Times Square offers comfortable accommodations near New York s biggest attractions. With LaGuardia (LGA) and JFK International (JFK) both less than 15 minutes away, you'll find it easy getting to and from your destinations. Within walking distance of our Manhattan hotel, you can find a wealth of attractions. Just a block from our New York City hotel is Times Square and Broadway theatres. Other well known New York attractions such as the Empire State Building, Broadway and Central Park are within a few blocks of our hotel in Manhattan. Located near 42nd Street, our hotel is close to the main subway lines so you can get around the city easily. For the business traveler, there are many major New York business attractions located near our hotel in New York City. Major headquarters including Merrill Lynch, Legg Mason and Ernst & Young are all within walking distance of our New York City accommodations. With our convenient Manhattan location, you can make it on time to all your New York City meetings. Consider starting your day with one of our famous cinnamon rolls from the hot breakfast bar. Additionally, you can stay connected throughout your entire stay at our New York City hotel with free high-speed Internet access. Book your New York City room reservations now at our Manhattan hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.