This was a grave disappointment. Arrived with reservation for 2 rooms on Labor Day weekend believing we had snagged "best we could get" in Times Square area for a busy holiday period. I was shocked at the number of people crowded in the lobby (only 2 people on duty handling mass groups coming in off buses) and the manager had to take a key to override the stops for the Elevator to have people checking in, get to their rooms. Elevators too slow, take too long to go up and down stopping along the way. I walked the stairs several times after waiting over 10-15 mins for an elevator. Breakfast was crowded, very noisy, people waiting for chairs and tables - but food so-so. For cost of rooms, this place was dumpy and dirty. Dirty carpets, sink was not clean when we arrived (we found remnants (of something?) in it...rooms small and dank. People walking around barefoot...really? I was NOT impressed by the ridiculous cost of this room for the service/quality of product they provided. I would not recommend this hotel. We checked out after one night, cancelled remaining reservations and moved to a 4 star around the corner for almost half the price and infinitely better quality and service.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New York City hotel offers location close to Times Square. Located in the middle of Manhattan, the Holiday Inn Express New York Times Square offers comfortable accommodations near New York s biggest attractions. With LaGuardia (LGA) and JFK International (JFK) both less than 15 minutes away, you'll find it easy getting to and from your destinations. Within walking distance of our Manhattan hotel, you can find a wealth of attractions. Just a block from our New York City hotel is Times Square and Broadway theatres. Other well known New York attractions such as the Empire State Building, Broadway and Central Park are within a few blocks of our hotel in Manhattan. Located near 42nd Street, our hotel is close to the main subway lines so you can get around the city easily. For the business traveler, there are many major New York business attractions located near our hotel in New York City. Major headquarters including Merrill Lynch, Legg Mason and Ernst & Young are all within walking distance of our New York City accommodations. With our convenient Manhattan location, you can make it on time to all your New York City meetings. Consider starting your day with one of our famous cinnamon rolls from the hot breakfast bar. Additionally, you can stay connected throughout your entire stay at our New York City hotel with free high-speed Internet access. Book your New York City room reservations now at our Manhattan hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.