“Nifty November Nurturing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Foods of New York Tours

Foods of New York Tours
9 Barrow Street, 2E, Greenwich Village, New York City, NY (Greenwich Village)
917 408-9539
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 809 Activities in New York City
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted BEST CITY TOUR by CitySearch & praised by TIme Out New York Magazine with the phrase: "There is delicious justification for their popularity." We offer food tours 7 days a week and we tour in 5 different NYC neighborhoods. Check out our page with over 19,000 reviews. We are NEW YORK'S FIRST & BEST. Since 1999 we've been giving Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours through New York City's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. We provide a "Non-Touristy" experience so you feel like a Native New Yorker! And even if you are a native NYer, we'll show you some secret gems in downtown NYC that you may have missed. Each tour includes food tastings from specialty food shops, ethnic eateries, and local restaurants, as well as an "off the beaten path" glimpse of life in New York City -the history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings. We're New York's best Food Tasting & Cultural Walking tour! We can't wait to show you our favorite spots - and feed you all along the way. Come see us soon.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
North Arlington, New Jersey
“Nifty November Nurturing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic afternoon. Met nice people enjoyed the tour loved the information provided to us. The foods were tasty looking forward to the next tour we book. Great job.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Tour, Great Guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My family and I went on two tours over the weekend in NY - the Ultimate NY Tour and the Greenwich Village Tour. Both were amazing and we had lots of good food and heard some really interesting things about the areas. We had our two kids with us (ages 12 and 6) and they loved every minute of it...something I was concerned about at first...but it turned out to be a lot of fun for them too. I have to give a special hooray for Kurt, our guide at Chelsea Market...this guy should be on stage -- he delivered so many one-liners, funny asides, and off the cuff remarks that the tour just flew by and my husband and I were almost in tears at many points with his hilarious stories and remarks. I sure hope the company hangs on to him...what a gem of a tour guide! We will definitely recommend to our friends!

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Great Experience in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked the Original Greenwich Village food tour as a friend recommended it.
Myself and my husband loved it!
Our Guid was fab! and told us so much about the area and the food places we passed and visited.
You get sooooooo much good foodaswell, so dont have anything to eat before you go! we were stuffed after it!
Well worth it!

Visited October 2013
Bristol
5 attraction reviews
“Fun despite the weather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

As a serious foodie and a history buff I was intrigued by the thought of a combination of history and food. Our Tour Guide, Maria, was enthusiastic and knowledgeable being a resident of the area. We arrived early and ask the guide for the earlier tour were to get a good cup of coffee. We were recommended a choice of two and went with Rocco's for cappucinno and biscotti. I know it seems silly but it was kind of a grey day and we had just hiked from Grand Central to Bleecker St.
Our first stop was Joe's pizza piping hot from the oven with a wonderful thin crust which made every bite a pleasure. Though there were many wonderful dishes in our 7 stops the Faicco's arancini was my favorite, a ball of rice and cheese breaded and fried until crispy. It crunched and melted in your mouth simultaneously. I think that I would love to peruse their store a little(okay maybe a lot) more because the appeteaser of sopressata & sundried tomatoes made me want more. The eggplant rollatini was yummy and the atmosphere of Rafele was great I loved the food as decoration. The whole experience was wonderful and I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes Italian food. A three hour tour scratches the surface and makes you want to come back and delve deeper into a charming neighbor steeped in history.

Yorktown Heights, NY
3 attraction reviews
“Fun way to spend a day in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My friends and I have a dinner club where we pick a new restaurant each month and if you can make it great if not then there's always next month. A friend told me about this food tour and it sounded perfect for our dinner club. We decided on the Nolita & Noho tour.Ten of our usual group of 14 were able to go that day. Every one of us enjoyed the day immensely. The food was delicious [you can't go woring when you start off with a cupcake.}
Our tour guide was Anny [with a Y] and she was delightful. Her easy going style was perfect and her little historical stories during the tour were educational and fun.
Our group is looking forward to our next tour in the spring!

Visited October 2013