“Fantastic boutique hotel in midtown” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #102 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Paris, France
“Fantastic boutique hotel in midtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I'm a New Yorker currently living abroad. My husband and I were back to NYC for a visit and stayed at the Morgans. We couldn't be more pleased. Charming staff, clean modern rooms in good taste, and a lovely breakfast in the penthouse with a view of the Empire State Building included in the price.

Well located just a few blocks from Grand Central and Herald Square, the hotel is convenient to transportation but not annoying in the craziness of Times Square. More personal than a big chain with free wifi, free fruit, coffee, tea etc.

I highly recommend it. Ask for a room in the back which are super quiet away from the street. The superior rooms are more spacious than the standard room and worth the extra price.

• Stayed February 2013
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much! Well, a bit of good news is that we have invested a lot of money in windows for the front of the property and boy do they make a difference. I was up on the fifth floor in a room with the sample windows in the middle of the day and in spite of the buses, trucks and traffic going by, I could not hear a thing! Naturally, Madison Avenue is quieter than most at night and that combined with the new windows will ensure a quiet night's sleep!

Please come back soon!

DR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Having lost power in CT, I arrived in NY way ahead of schedule for the opening night of an art show. The staff welcomed me and arranged for me to wait in the Penthouse while they found me an available room. Within the hour I was in my room. During the stay the staff was extremely helpful with dinner suggestions. I was always addressed by name each time I entered the lobby and was made to feel like a valued client. Always a treat to get a reservation at this boutique hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am so sorry that you lost power. I am happy that we were able to help out.

Thank you for your kind review. Next time, I hope you stay with us for a different reason than losing electricity!

We would love to see you again!

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We booked Morgan's for a trip to New York for site seeing and shopping and boy were we glad we did!
From the moment we checked in it was a great experience. The room was modern and clean with a lovely view of Madison/ the Empire State. It also had thoughtful touches such as a worldwide travel adaptor and an iPod docking station. The room was only standard, but was quiet spacious for New York standards.
The living room was also open to all guests and had complementary wifi. Breakfast was also complementary and was served in the penthouse with stunning views of the Empire State Building and downtown manhattan.
The staff were very friendly and we were always greeted with a warm welcome when we returned and the door was also opened for us. We were also allowed to keep our suitcases in the hotel for the day after we checked out. We were also told we could make use of the bathroom in the living room to freshen up should we need to. Something we both felt was a lovely touch.
If we could give Morgan's more than 5 stars we would!
We Will definitely be back :-)

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, however rooms at the front have lovely views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Okay, I must admit that most of the time it is a piece of heaven for me too, but not always! Thank you so much for your kind review. You are very kind and your review made us all feel as though we accomplished what our mission is - to make our guests happy.

The Empire State Building was completed in 1931 and I know that Morgans guests back then were able to see it go up from the Penthouse! It must have been an amazing time in New York.

I hope you will return some day to fenjoy our new facilities. The Lounge will be fabulous!

Kindest regards,

Holmdel, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I live close to NYC (1 h drive) but time to time I stay overnight or 2 nights or... 3 nights in the city.
This time we needed midtown location hotel. Picked Morgans.

Hotel has very good midtown location, close to shopping area around Empire State building,
Grand Central / Port Authority Bus term / Penn Station / a few subway stations.
On a weekend you can find free parking (yep, commodity in NYC) and not to pay $50(fifty)/24h valet parking offered by hotel.
Clean, tiny but cute bathrooms, good linens, nice sitting area by the windows, silent heating/cooling system/fridge with mini bar, PLENTY of storage (remember, we are in NYC!).
Free pass for the next door New York Sport Club.
Awesome roof top breakfast area with the view Emp.State Building, more than plenty of food for "continental" breakfast. BTW, you can help yourself with FREE tea from 7am till 11pm.

Minus (for me)
- the mattress was way too hard for me
- no king size beds are available.

Will I recommend this place?
Yep!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Yes, parking is very expensive in New York City I'm afraid. I took Mom to a fancy breakfast recently and paid $50 for a couple of hours!

We do have King beds in all of our Suites but not in our Superior or Standard Rooms.

Thank you for mentioning the complimentary tea and coffee. It is a nice way to end a busy afternoon of doing business or sight seeing!

Hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Staff are the best and most friendliest I have ever come across at a hotel, from the desk staff, doormen and penthouse breakfast room staff everyone was helpful, informative and genuinely nice.
The hotel had a quirky black/ white/gray designer feel to it, and I was told that it was interior designed by the designer of concorde, with the same space saving metal sinks in the bathrooms!!! The views of the empire state building from the roof top penthouse were incredible and there are lots of sights within close proximity (Times Sq.; Intrepid aircrafr carrier; Chrysler Building; Grand Central Station and Macys to name a few)
The rooms were spacious well equipped and warm (Very important in -7 F)
Overall a wonderful trip enhanced by staying at Morgans.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for mentioning the Design. It is especially apropo since our dear Designer, Andree Putman recently passed away. She was truly Iconic and I would encourage everyone to read a bit about her life and her talent.

New York has been a bit colder than last year but not terrible! It is important however that our guests feel cozy once they leave the streets of Manhattan and come into a warm environment!

I do hope you will visit again!

Regards,

Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed with my fiance at the Morgans and we really enjoyed our stay. Its location is very central and the hotel has a very relaxing atmosphere. The restaurant and the bar of the hotel are definitely worth visiting. The rooms were spacious by NY standards and the service was great. Overall a good choice !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review. Yes, we have indeed moved a somewhat modified Food and Beverage operation to the Penthouse while our Lounge is being renovated. It is beautiful up there but wait until you see the new space! We will soon be debuting the space and I think our guests will love it.

Please come back and see it for yourself!

cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have returned from 4 days in NYC and a great stay at this hotel. I was worried when I booked this hotel that it would be out of the way but having stayed on Times square on a previous visit it was worth the 15min walk to experience the lower half of the city. On arrival you are met with a small area housing the reception and staff. I had a problem with the room I had booked but the wonderful staff-Todd and I'm sorry I can't remember the lady's name were brilliant in moving us to another room which meant we didn't need to move hotels. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have stayed in I have never slept straight away but here we did helped by the Egyptian cotton bed linen. The Superior Queen room was a perfect size. I really don't understand what some people expect when they complain about the breakfast. NEWS PEOPLE!! NYC doesn't normally provide this so don't book this hotel then complain that it isn't a full English. It states quite clearly that it is bagles/toast/yoghurt/juice/pastries. If you don't want this go somewhere else we loved early mornings having breakfast looking at the Empire State building-plus free wi-fi for booking seats and printing boarding cards.The only reason this hasn't had 5 stars is down to renovations going on and the tired looking carpet in the halls. Congrats to all the staff who made our stay so special nothing was too much trouble and a BIG THANKS TO TODD for making my husbands birthday such a memorable one. Well done everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Well, I think you have made it clear to all as to what to expect from our breakfast. Thank you! I have been trying to explain this for a long time.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your husband had a good birthday. It is so nice to remember a special occasion years from now and look at photos from your trip! Hopefully you will not stay away too long and will return to visit us again soon!

DR

Been to Morgans New York Hotel? Share your experiences!