I live close to NYC (1 h drive) but time to time I stay overnight or 2 nights or... 3 nights in the city.
This time we needed midtown location hotel. Picked Morgans.
Hotel has very good midtown location, close to shopping area around Empire State building,
Grand Central / Port Authority Bus term / Penn Station / a few subway stations.
On a weekend you can find free parking (yep, commodity in NYC) and not to pay $50(fifty)/24h valet parking offered by hotel.
Clean, tiny but cute bathrooms, good linens, nice sitting area by the windows, silent heating/cooling system/fridge with mini bar, PLENTY of storage (remember, we are in NYC!).
Free pass for the next door New York Sport Club.
Awesome roof top breakfast area with the view Emp.State Building, more than plenty of food for "continental" breakfast. BTW, you can help yourself with FREE tea from 7am till 11pm.
Minus (for me)
- the mattress was way too hard for me
- no king size beds are available.
Will I recommend this place?
- Also Known As:
- Morgans Hotel New York City
- Morgans New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique hotel housed in elegant columned building dating from 1926 - 3 blocks to Empire State Building. Morgans offers complimentary wireless internet access to every hotel guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Morgans Group, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Agoda, Jetsetter, Otel, Olotels, EasyToBook, Stentorian NV, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Morgans Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.