“A well placed Hotel - Where nothing is too much Trouble.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #97 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“A well placed Hotel - Where nothing is too much Trouble.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Staff are the best and most friendliest I have ever come across at a hotel, from the desk staff, doormen and penthouse breakfast room staff everyone was helpful, informative and genuinely nice.
The hotel had a quirky black/ white/gray designer feel to it, and I was told that it was interior designed by the designer of concorde, with the same space saving metal sinks in the bathrooms!!! The views of the empire state building from the roof top penthouse were incredible and there are lots of sights within close proximity (Times Sq.; Intrepid aircrafr carrier; Chrysler Building; Grand Central Station and Macys to name a few)
The rooms were spacious well equipped and warm (Very important in -7 F)
Overall a wonderful trip enhanced by staying at Morgans.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you very much for mentioning the Design. It is especially apropo since our dear Designer, Andree Putman recently passed away. She was truly Iconic and I would encourage everyone to read a bit about her life and her talent.

New York has been a bit colder than last year but not terrible! It is important however that our guests feel cozy once they leave the streets of Manhattan and come into a warm environment!

I do hope you will visit again!

Regards,

DR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed with my fiance at the Morgans and we really enjoyed our stay. Its location is very central and the hotel has a very relaxing atmosphere. The restaurant and the bar of the hotel are definitely worth visiting. The rooms were spacious by NY standards and the service was great. Overall a good choice !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review. Yes, we have indeed moved a somewhat modified Food and Beverage operation to the Penthouse while our Lounge is being renovated. It is beautiful up there but wait until you see the new space! We will soon be debuting the space and I think our guests will love it.

Please come back and see it for yourself!

Kind regards,

cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have returned from 4 days in NYC and a great stay at this hotel. I was worried when I booked this hotel that it would be out of the way but having stayed on Times square on a previous visit it was worth the 15min walk to experience the lower half of the city. On arrival you are met with a small area housing the reception and staff. I had a problem with the room I had booked but the wonderful staff-Todd and I'm sorry I can't remember the lady's name were brilliant in moving us to another room which meant we didn't need to move hotels. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have stayed in I have never slept straight away but here we did helped by the Egyptian cotton bed linen. The Superior Queen room was a perfect size. I really don't understand what some people expect when they complain about the breakfast. NEWS PEOPLE!! NYC doesn't normally provide this so don't book this hotel then complain that it isn't a full English. It states quite clearly that it is bagles/toast/yoghurt/juice/pastries. If you don't want this go somewhere else we loved early mornings having breakfast looking at the Empire State building-plus free wi-fi for booking seats and printing boarding cards.The only reason this hasn't had 5 stars is down to renovations going on and the tired looking carpet in the halls. Congrats to all the staff who made our stay so special nothing was too much trouble and a BIG THANKS TO TODD for making my husbands birthday such a memorable one. Well done everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Well, I think you have made it clear to all as to what to expect from our breakfast. Thank you! I have been trying to explain this for a long time.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your husband had a good birthday. It is so nice to remember a special occasion years from now and look at photos from your trip! Hopefully you will not stay away too long and will return to visit us again soon!

Kind regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have just returned from an amazing 1 weeks stay at Morgans and it was fabulous. Everything from the hotel to the staff to the facilities made it perfect. It was my first visit to New York (hubby had been before), definitely want to go back and really want to stay at Morgans again. We took a cab from the airport and after reading reviews had told the driver there was not a hotel sign but to look out for the number and he found it fine.

Check-in was quick and smooth, the staff were very friendly and explained how to get onto the hotel’s free wifi (very handy), breakfast times, the penthouse lounge etc and also explained we had been given a complimentary upgrade which was super, thanks very much and very greatly appreciated! The porter assisted us with our luggage and was also very friendly. I also liked the fact that he (and actually all staff at the hotel) was completely unexpectant of a tip and was leaving the room straight away, ie. not hinting or waiting expectantly for a tip. We did stop him to tip him, but it was very refreshing that at the hotel a tip was not “pressured” or “expected” or “hinted at”.

The room was fantastic and very large and spacious. We could just about see the Empire State building from the room which was amazing! There was lots of cupboard space, 2 sofas in the window area and a super comfortable bed. I also love that there were lovely bath robes and an umbrella in the wardrobe for use while we were staying there. There was also a docking station to play music from an iPod but we didn’t use it. I loved the bathroom décor with the black and white tiles and the chrome sink and the toiletries provided were really nice. The shower was fab, nice and big with great water pressure and the choice of 2 different shower heads. The room was spotless and was cleaned well throughout our stay and toiletries replaced daily.

Something that made the hotel very special was being able to use the penthouse lounge. The view was stunning and having breakfast there or chilling out with a hot drink in the evenings admiring the city and the Empire State building was brilliant. Breakfast was really nice, lots of different pastries (really great muffins), bagels, bread, cereals, yogurt and jams. It was really convenient (and cost saving) to have breakfast at the hotel and really kept us going well for all the sightseeing and shopping before lunch (hotel location is perfect as not right in the middle of everything so nice and quiet but close enough to walk everywhere). It was also nice to have hot drinks and water available in the lounge after breakfast too, us Europeans do like to drink a lot of tea and was so nice to be able to come back and have a cuppa or two in the evenings.

I’d like to take a moment to highlight a feature that was really useful for us and perhaps overlooked by other people who may not have used or noticed this service. The compute in the penthouse has a boarding pass area which, when clicked, can be used free of charge to check-in online and print out your boarding pass. This was brilliant for us and meant we could just go to the bag drop at the airport for the flight home and was a really great facility to be provided free to guests. It was even more so appreciated by us as our transfer to the airport took two and a half hours due to traffic and accidents from the snowy weather. This online check-in saved us time and took away some of the pressure from the traffic delays as we did not need to be at the airport as early as those who had not already checked-in.

Can I also say that all staff (really, I mean everyone from porters, to reception staff, to cleaners, to breakfast staff….) we met throughout our stay were just so polite, helpful, friendly (I’m running out of adjectives here) and they all made us feel so special and welcome in the hotel. I don’t think we’ve been treated so well since our honeymoon and it was so nice to have such amazing service, the staff are a real credit to the hotel.

What more can I say, it really was a perfect holiday and can’t wait for the opportunity to go to NY and would definitely stay again. I cannot recommend Morgans highly enough!

Room Tip: Ask for a view on as high a floor as possible that your booked rate will get you and if at all possi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Well, I can barely add anything to this amazingly thorough review! In fact, if I did not know anything about Morgans, you said it all, describing it very well indeed. Thank you so much for taking the time and please come back to see our new Lounge which is opening soon!

Kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

- Location is great, on Madison Avenue so in the heart of NYC
- The hotel entrance was very minimal and small and didn't feel particularly welcoming
- Superior Queen Room was lovely, spacious and modern decor
- Breakfast was simple, continental and plentiful
- Catering guests were polite and friendly

The lasting memory however is that we had a problem with a washbasin. It was blocked and water wouldn't drain so we had to wash hands in the shower, brush teeth in the shower etc... We had maintenance in at 11pm for half an hour or so and then again the following morning for 1 hour - problem still was there. Such a shame when you're paying over £250 for a room the necessary facilities don't work! Upon check-out we flagged to the hotel that for our entire stay the problem wasn't resolved and they said someone would be in touch over email and I stupidly thought that meant we'd get a written apology. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for that email....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Well based on your first comments, I thought we would be quite an unforgettable hotel! I am sorry we failed however.

I looked through our 'Glitch Log' for any comments regarding a sink but could not find anything in December. Obviously, someone did not follow through and I do apologize. I must say, I am surprised that you were not offered a room move if the problem could not be resolved. This is normally our first course of action when something cannot be fixed, which is rare thank goodness.

Anyway, your review put a few ideas in my mind about how we should empower our Engineers to recommend room moves if something like this comes up in the future. That is why guest feedback is so valuable.

Thank you!

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Alot of places are in walking distance. (Times Square, the subway, Macy's, shopping, etc) The staff was very helpful at all times, everyone from the front desk, to the doormen, to the men helping serve breakfast. I was not too fond of the $6 for 15minutes of internet use on the mac in the penthouse. Breakfast was pastries and cereal, but everything was delicious. I loved the Penthouse view and the music playing. The room was a little small, but it is not cramped. It's cozy. The bed was comfortable. Our room was 1406 and although it is directly behind the elevator we never heard it which was a plus! Now about the elevator, there are two, but it was always a wait; not a very long wait, but enough that you notice. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom is a little cramped, but you can make due. The shower head is amazing! I didn't want to leave the shower! There is a convenience store right next to the hotel so that was handy when you need a little snack or water/soda and dont want to pay the $6-$8 the hotel charges for items in the in-room fridge. Overall this was a very enjoyable stay! This was my first time to New York and Morgans made it a delight!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing all this information with future guests of Morgans. Remember, WIFI is complimentary here.

I am very happy that you enjoyed the breakfast - I do not like to skimp just because it is complimentary - we use a nice brand of coffee and our pastries are from Balthazar!

Hope you return soon!

Regards,

St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Morgans. Every single staff member I encountered was incredibly friendly and genuinely interacted with me, even if just to say hello in a hallway. The rooms were lovely, modern, comfortable and clean. I felt pampered and taken care of with little luxuries. The breakfast was delicious and I cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
What a delightful review! Thank you. We love to pamper!

Hope to see you again.

DR

Been to Morgans New York Hotel? Share your experiences!