“Peaceful, clean and friendly oasis in the middle of the chaotic shopping district.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Morgans New York Hotel

Offers & Announcements
PLAN AHEAD
Ranked #73 of 446 hotels in New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights and had a wonderful time. Everyone was friendly, the rooms were really well designed and they have free coffee on offer during the whole day. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Ah... peace and coffee, what a great combination! Thank you so much for your kind review. I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

1,152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a wonderful hotel. From the start the whole experience was one to savour, from the wonderful breakfast to the amazing stylish rooms not to mention the INCREDIBLE view from the penthouse at breakfast time. Take my advice and say here!

Room Tip: We stayed in the loft room... Simply Wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Your title made my New Year's Eve extra special! I so look forward to opening our fabulous new Lounge in 2013! It was quite a year with Hurricane Sandy and all. It is reviews like yours that makes it all worthwile. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very good located hotel in a simple style. Breakfast room on top of the hotel is fantastique with view to the Empire State Building. Breakfast is too simple, choice could be better. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Superior Room is ok and the room size is compared with other New York Hotels comfortable. Standard R...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. To all our wonderful Europeans out there - American Continental Breakfast is different to a European Continental. We do not serve cheese and cold cuts. We do however have great New York bagels, pastry, cereal, Greek yogurt etc. Breakfast in New York can set you back about $25 so it is pretty good to get something complimentary. I do appreciate everyone's input regarding this but as they say 'when in Rome...'

Kindest regards and Happy New Year!

Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I entered into correspondence with Maryna before we arrived to the time we left after a 5 night stay we received nothing but great service at Morgans Hotel NYC. From the doormen Brian and Tom to Maryna and Kristen on Reception (to name just a few) we were superbly looked after and the location of the hotel was just great. The help yourself continental breakfast set us up each day and despite the restaurant and bar being unavailable undergoing refurb, we found plenty of great bars and restaurants nearby to fill the gap. The best part of our stay was the friendliness and professionalism of the staff (especially the above named) and we would definitely stay at Morgans again - highly recommended

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
I love your review! Thank you so very much. I also think that friendly service is more important than anything else. Thank you for acknowledging our staff; it is wonderful that you remembered their names. What a way to end the year; you make me proud and thankful!

Kindest regards and Happy New Year!!!

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here one night as a gift to my boyfriend the day he returned from a trip abroad. Thought the whole feel of the hotel was really New York. It's a small hotel by Ian Schrager. I remember black and white checkers being a motif in the hotel, but really updated and clean. It's very intimate and romantic, if you want a little hideaway in such a fast city. I don't recommend it to large people, as it is a tight squeeze. Or to people who are used to expansive interiors.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
What a nice way for you to treat your boyfriend from his overseas trip! I am delighted that you found Morgans to be a 'little hideaway' in this fast paced city! Indeed, Morgans was founded by Ian Schrager and Steve Rubell nearly 30 years ago. We are now a public traded company but we are still going strong! We continue to adhere to those standards that our Founders put in place - and we strive to be New York's 'quintessential Boutique Hotel'.

We hope to see you again!

Birstwith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was a 50th birthday gift from my daughter given to me in May. We have been looking forward to it for months and we were not disappointed.On arrival we were asked if we wanted to change to twin beds as when Becky had booked there was only a Queen available. The room was lovely and clean and the beds were so comfortable. I splept better there than I do at home! The breakfasts were also fresh and you could get a hot drink up to 10.30 at night. The hotel is not obvious as you walk up to it so you can easily miss it.However it is in an ideal situation for all of the Manhattan sites and the staff are all warm and friendly. The shower was also wonderful! We hope to visit again soon and we would definitely recommend MORGANS.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much!!! What a great gift for your landmark birthday! I turned 50 a few years back and it actually felt great. It makes me happy that you spent such a special occasion at Morgans. You must visit us again. Our Lounge is nearly open and I think you will love it!

I wish you and all the Trip Advisor Readers and Reviewers a Happy and Healthy 2013!!!

Western Galilee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at numerous NYC hotels, I chose this one based on my research and attempts to secure the very best for my week-long birthday celebration vacation in the Big Apple. This hotel is simply outstanding. From the moment I arrived (two days ago, five more to go), I have paid attention to almost every detail and have concluded that this is, by far, the best establishment I have visited in this city. The service is awesome. Everyone really cares and go out of their way to help - any request, any time. The penthouse "living room" where we are enjoying a quality continental breakfast in a laid-back environment is an impressive feature of this hotel. The rooms are better than anywhere I have stayed and guess what, no drab and predictable brown/beige decor! Two-toned grey and cream in a spacious room, a very comfortable bed and fully loaded with every comfort for our stay. It's bright, clean and very comfortable in design and furnishings. I cannot over-praise this establishment and I'm looking forward to the rest of my stay and - most probably - will not be looking for another NY hotel for future visits. This is perfect and...OUTSTANDING.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review!

I am so happy that you spent your birthday in New York. Such fun!

We like to provide great service but not too 'formal' ; we prefer to be friendly. As I have often stated, there is a hotel out there for everyone based on their preferences. We are delighted that you prefer ours!

We wish you a Happy and Healthy 2013!

DR

Been to Morgans New York Hotel? Share your experiences!