“Great service in a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #100 of 456 Hotels in New York City
Cheltenham
“Great service in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I entered into correspondence with Maryna before we arrived to the time we left after a 5 night stay we received nothing but great service at Morgans Hotel NYC. From the doormen Brian and Tom to Maryna and Kristen on Reception (to name just a few) we were superbly looked after and the location of the hotel was just great. The help yourself continental breakfast set us up each day and despite the restaurant and bar being unavailable undergoing refurb, we found plenty of great bars and restaurants nearby to fill the gap. The best part of our stay was the friendliness and professionalism of the staff (especially the above named) and we would definitely stay at Morgans again - highly recommended

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I love your review! Thank you so very much. I also think that friendly service is more important than anything else. Thank you for acknowledging our staff; it is wonderful that you remembered their names. What a way to end the year; you make me proud and thankful!

Kindest regards and Happy New Year!!!

DR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here one night as a gift to my boyfriend the day he returned from a trip abroad. Thought the whole feel of the hotel was really New York. It's a small hotel by Ian Schrager. I remember black and white checkers being a motif in the hotel, but really updated and clean. It's very intimate and romantic, if you want a little hideaway in such a fast city. I don't recommend it to large people, as it is a tight squeeze. Or to people who are used to expansive interiors.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
What a nice way for you to treat your boyfriend from his overseas trip! I am delighted that you found Morgans to be a 'little hideaway' in this fast paced city! Indeed, Morgans was founded by Ian Schrager and Steve Rubell nearly 30 years ago. We are now a public traded company but we are still going strong! We continue to adhere to those standards that our Founders put in place - and we strive to be New York's 'quintessential Boutique Hotel'.

We hope to see you again!

Birstwith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was a 50th birthday gift from my daughter given to me in May. We have been looking forward to it for months and we were not disappointed.On arrival we were asked if we wanted to change to twin beds as when Becky had booked there was only a Queen available. The room was lovely and clean and the beds were so comfortable. I splept better there than I do at home! The breakfasts were also fresh and you could get a hot drink up to 10.30 at night. The hotel is not obvious as you walk up to it so you can easily miss it.However it is in an ideal situation for all of the Manhattan sites and the staff are all warm and friendly. The shower was also wonderful! We hope to visit again soon and we would definitely recommend MORGANS.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much!!! What a great gift for your landmark birthday! I turned 50 a few years back and it actually felt great. It makes me happy that you spent such a special occasion at Morgans. You must visit us again. Our Lounge is nearly open and I think you will love it!

I wish you and all the Trip Advisor Readers and Reviewers a Happy and Healthy 2013!!!

Western Galilee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at numerous NYC hotels, I chose this one based on my research and attempts to secure the very best for my week-long birthday celebration vacation in the Big Apple. This hotel is simply outstanding. From the moment I arrived (two days ago, five more to go), I have paid attention to almost every detail and have concluded that this is, by far, the best establishment I have visited in this city. The service is awesome. Everyone really cares and go out of their way to help - any request, any time. The penthouse "living room" where we are enjoying a quality continental breakfast in a laid-back environment is an impressive feature of this hotel. The rooms are better than anywhere I have stayed and guess what, no drab and predictable brown/beige decor! Two-toned grey and cream in a spacious room, a very comfortable bed and fully loaded with every comfort for our stay. It's bright, clean and very comfortable in design and furnishings. I cannot over-praise this establishment and I'm looking forward to the rest of my stay and - most probably - will not be looking for another NY hotel for future visits. This is perfect and...OUTSTANDING.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review!

I am so happy that you spent your birthday in New York. Such fun!

We like to provide great service but not too 'formal' ; we prefer to be friendly. As I have often stated, there is a hotel out there for everyone based on their preferences. We are delighted that you prefer ours!

We wish you a Happy and Healthy 2013!

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a good little hotel in a very convenient location on Madison Avenue. The staff are pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable and keen to help. The room we had was compact, though it was warm, comfortable and cosy and the shower was fantastic and the air conditioning unit was a little loud. The continental breakfast in the penthouse was very good for starting the day off and there were great views over the Manhattan skyline.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review! This is a special time of year; the city is lit up with Holiday lights and there is a very positive energy in the air! Mind you, the shops are full and it is a little difficult to get around but the holidays in New York are magnificent! Hope you return in the future to experience it again!

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a very pleasant one week stay at Morgans in NYC. Good location, pleasant rooms, basic continental breakfast, very helpful staff! Upon arrival my cousin and I were given a room with a queen size bed, but asked for a twin bed room since we did not want to share a bed. As they did not have availability for that night they upgraded us to a suite for the night and were moved to a twin bed room the next day. They were very understanding and acted swiftly to take care of our request. Todd at the reception made several reservatios for us at good restaurants. Overall a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much! Yes, Todd has been here for over a decade and is well connected as far as restaurants, shows etc.

I am very happy that we were able to work this out for you.

Kind regards,

Scottsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

A friend and I stayed for Thanksgiving week. We chose the location for easy access to Grand Central and cabs and were not disappointed. It was even a short walk to Macy's for Black Friday sales. It's a safe neighborhood with two excellent restaurants right across the street and many more nearby. A free substantial continental breakfast and free wifi in the rooms take the sting out of the rates.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rigas, General Manager at Morgans New York Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Value is so important, especially these days!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sometimes a croissant and coffee will cost you $15 in this city! I think complimentary Continental Breakfast goes a long way!

I hope you will return to New York soon. Lots of sales in January as well!

DR

Been to Morgans New York Hotel? Share your experiences!