“Casablanca Hotel, Times Square, New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casablanca Hotel Times Square

You added Casablanca Hotel Times Square to your Saves list
Casablanca Hotel Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   147 West 43rd Street, (Just East of Broadway), New York City, NY 10036   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE!
Ranked #2 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Casablanca Hotel, Times Square, New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here during spring break in March 2014 with my 9 year old and my 6 year old and my husband. The 24/7 drink and snack area, continental breakfast and the location of the hotel were my 3 favorite things about this hotel. It was very quiet and hard to believe when you walk out to the street and turn right, you are in Times Square! I would definitely stay here upon returning to New York..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

What a terrific hotel, comfortable,quiet(considering it's right in the middle of Times Square).Stayed there for 7 nights in June 2014 and loved every minute of it. The room we stayed in was excellent, the air conditioning was to die for. the standards upheld in this hotel go above and beyond any we've experienced in other New York hotels.We are quite particular about what we feel comfortable with and we could not fault this hotel at all.The staff were very attentive,nothing was too much trouble and the coffee and teas available 24/7 was very welcome.The cheese and wine every evening between 5 and 8 was really enjoyable and very popular with other guests too especially after the madness that is Times Square! Would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anybody.If you're thinking about staying there don't think DO IT!!!

lynchburg, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We just got back from our stay, and the hotel is wonderful. The staff does everthing they can to make your visit perfect. The free breakfast is huge and has a wonderful variety of food. The wine reception each evening was a great way to start off our night. To be in Times Square you hear very little noise. The deluxe room has plenty of space and how nice to have a bathroom that you can move around in. Tonys restaurant next door is to die for I strongly recommend dinner there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at many hotels during my north America trip this month and this is by far the best! Not to mention its perfect location right next to time square, it somehow managed to have rooms that are very very quiet! The 24/7 coffee and tea service includes variety of refreshments and happy hours is a good way to relax. The customer service is way better than those five star hotel chains, because Casablanca actually cares! Would definitely return when I'm in town next!

• Stayed July 2014
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's only a block off of Times Square... What more do you need? This boutique hotel is a wonderful place to stay. Although the rooms are small, everything worked. The staff was very friendly. Both check-in and check-out were smooth. Their evening wine and cheese reception was great... Their continental breakfast and coffees were also welcome.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked our vacation at this property thanks to the many reviews on TripAdvisor. My wife and I were not disappointed. The staff was exceptionally helpful and pleasant. For example, I was very happy the staff member manning the continental breakfast went out of he way to get me a breakfast when I showed up late.

I got a queen sized room, as we were going to be spending most of our time out and about anyhow. It was very comfortable and we slept very well. Perhaps too well because there were no windows in our room, which kept it very dark, and we drastically overslept one morning! Ah well. Take that as a recommendation about their beds! So if possible, one might want to ask for a room with a window, as I suspect ours was unusual in this regard, but maybe not. Could be different in a king size. That said, I liked how close it was to the wine and cheese reception area and the front door, just a quick jaunt down their fun and quirky stairwells.

The only hitch I had with the staff was that I had signed up for a "Top of the Rock" special, where they include tickets to the sky deck on top of Rockefeller Plaza, however, they did not hand these tickets to me or arrange for which date before I got there, and consequently we only had one choice day we could go (we had a 3 night stay). They promised to get me the tickets the next morning and sure enough they arrived at the crack of dawn. Not a big deal, as I completely forgot about it when I checked in or I would have asked! I was just happy to be there.

All in all this is a lovely boutique hotel who's staff aims to overachieve. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with outside windows?
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel is great. You are right on times square, literally 20 seconds away. And what is remarkable is that it really is a quiet oasis away from the busy New York streets. We could barely hear a thing in the room. The guest lobby ALWAYS has coffee/fruits/pastries and the continental breakfast is a good start to the day. Plus wine and cheese every night if you are not too busy to make it - on a trip to NYC we were so busy maybe took advantage 2 of 5 nights. It's a good thing! Means you are having fun.

If all the breakfast tables are full, don't forget about the outside patio. OOOOPS, did I let a secret out?

Service is impeccable, we don't ask for much but there was not one thing wrong in the entire trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Casablanca Hotel Times Square? Share your experiences!