“Excellent in every way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casablanca Hotel Times Square

Save Saved
You added Casablanca Hotel Times Square to your Saves list
Casablanca Hotel Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   147 West 43rd Street, (Just East of Broadway), New York City, NY 10036   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE!
Ranked #1 of 451 hotels in New York City
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked this hotel on the basis of trip advisor reviews and we were not dissapointed. We asked for a room towards the back as I am a fairly light sleeper. The room was quiet and we had no problems with noise.The hotel is just off Times Square which is really busy and noisy but you would not know it when inside the hotel. It really is a little haven. The breakfast buffet and evening cheese and wine were great. The staff are very attentive and nothing seems to be a problem. Special thanks to the doorman who tried really hard to get us a taxi to the airport on our last day. Excellent service right up to the end!

Room Tip: A room towards back of hotel seems to be quiter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

3,386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
Prospect, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Casablanca. Each year it is better than the previous. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. John the General Manager went above and beyond to make this a great stay for us. Highly recommend the Casablanca.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you absolutely must stay in Times Square this is a nice boutique hotel in the area. The small size of the hotel and the friendliness of most of the staff will certainly help slow the pace down. I'm giving the Casablanca three stars because there are stand-out four and five star hotels out there (St. Regis Aspen and the Lowry by Rocco Forte in Manchester) and I feel like those grades should be reserved for those extraordinary hotels. The hotel was a little aged and banged up. I had a view of a brick wall. The room was very clean and they have what's rumored to be a great breakfast (I missed it but I did sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee while I was there). All in all a good place to stay in Times Square.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I took my two teenage daughters for 4 nights. Location was perfect for seeing shows and walking to great shopping and sites. Rooms were nicely appointed and comfortable. Breakfast was a great addition that we took advantage of each day. They had a nice selection of pastries, breads, oatmeal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, juices, teas, coffees, lattes,etc.. Drinks and snacks such as cookies and fruit were available all day and there was an evening cocktail time that was very nice. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet as it did not face the street. There was no view, but we didn't care as...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Recently I traveled to New York to see some Broadway shows, and I wanted to stay in a hotel where I would feel safe. From the moment I arrived to the moment that I left, I was treated with the utmost courtesy by everyone from the doorman, who helped me with my bag, to the people at the reception desk. My room was quiet and immaculate, and the bed and pillows were heavenly. Breakfast was included, and so was a wine-fruit-cheese reception every evening from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. All of the shows that I saw were within a ten-minute walk from the hotel, which is located right in the middle of Times Square. I'll stay at the Casablanca Hotel the next time I'm in New York.

Room Tip: I chose the least expensive room type, and I was very happy with it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Do you want to stay near Times Square but still silent, this is where you should stay. We're talking about five to ten seconds from the entrance door to Times. Stayed here in may last year. The rooms are not very big, but clean and nice. Great breakfast is served each morning and from five o'clock in the evening the hotel offer free wine and cheese platter (happy hour). The staff are around 24 hours in order to service and they are more than helpful when you have questions. They recommend everything from restaurant visits to how and where to take the subway (no questions are stupid enough for them) with a smile.
Would certainly recommend this hotel and when I go back, this place will be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LIVERPOOL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed for four nights this February on a discounted package.
I was impressed
Chilled Prosecco and Godiva chocolate dipped strawberries in room on arrival
The buffet breakfast is great with lots of choice including fresh fruit, pastries and boiled eggs. If you prefer cooked and lots of it go to a diner there is a good one right next door to the hotel.
Free all day tea coffee and choice of pastries in breakfast room (Ricks Café). Just help yourself
Free cheese and wine Ricks Café every evening between 5pm and 8pm. Wine choice Red, white and Prosecco. Good choice of cheeses crackers etc and again fresh fruit. Buffet style; go back as much as you want.
This hotel is in an excellent location a few steps from Times Square and within walking distance of most landmarks. Two restaurants next door (you can order in room service from Tony’s)
The staff are polite and helpful without being obsequious. Minor room issue on first night and after complaining to reception we were moved to a different room immediately, No problem.

Fly in the ointment
The standard room is small even by European standards and the bed is not a double but what we Brits would call a ¾ bed however we fitted and it was very comfortable. If you are a couple who a bit on the cuddly side my advice would be to upgrade to a bigger room.

All in all a cosy warm hearted boutique hotel. Décor a little cheesy so if you want chic stay somewhere else.
We loved it and for what we paid it was great value and would definitely stay here on our next visit to New York

Room Tip: If you like quiet ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casablanca Hotel Times Square? Share your experiences!