We just stayed for 4 days but were pampered to make it feel like a week in our private residence.
The location was walking distance to Central Park, where we spent most of our time, and most of our favorite shops and many restaurants including in-house rooftop cocktails. The concierge, private butlers, desk, doorman couldn't have been more helpful. All in all, upon check out the bill was justified by the personal attention provided professionally by the entire staff. They made all the difference. Yes, all other housekeeping, linens, amenities and accessory details were meticulous and appreciated.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula New York Hotel
- The Peninsula New York Hotel New York City
- Peninsula New York City
- New York City Peninsula
- Peninsula Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its world-renowned service and attention to detail, The Peninsula New York is the prestigious recipient of the Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Awards. This magnificently restored 23-story, 1905 landmark building is ideally located, just steps away from world-class shopping, museums and the magic of Broadway. ACCOMMODATION: Each of the 185 spacious guestrooms and 54 suites at The Peninsula New York meet The Peninsula Hotels standards for luxury, guest comfort and technology. Rooms are designed for maximum comfort, with a good night’s rest virtually guaranteed. Each room exudes a sense of tranquility and modernity with crisp bed linens from the luxury French linen house, D. Porthault, luxurious goose down duvets, flat screen televisions, marble bathrooms with special mood lighting and signature Peninsula bathtub televisions. For the ultimate convenience, bedside electronic control panels regulate temperature, lighting and entertainment systems. WELLNESS: The Peninsula Spa is a rooftop oasis providing an ideal retreat from the demands of the city. Recently awarded the #1 Hotel Spa in the USA by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, this sanctuary of seclusion and peace offers relaxing body treatments and sublime skin care in an environment of sheer aesthetic bliss. The Spa features a luxurious range of heat experiences including a steam room, sauna, ice fountain and “experience” shower, men’s and women’s private relaxation lounges and an Asian Tea Lounge. The Private Spa Suite is the ultimate personal spa experience for couples, friends or family wishing to retreat in total privacy. A glass-enclosed pool, wraparound outdoor sun terrace and cutting edge fitness center with daily group fitness classes completes the wellness experience. DINING: From fine dining to traditional Afternoon Tea, The Peninsula’s restaurants and bars combine the perfect balance of luxury and comfort to experience at any time of day. Offering Panoramic views over Fifth Avenue and the glittering skyline of Manhattan, Salon de Ning features an intimate interior bar, complemented by two outdoor terraces. Notice: The hotel’s fine dining restaurant Fives and the adjoining Bar at Fives are currently closed for refurbishment and are set to debut in Fall 2013 with an exciting new name and concept. In the interim, hotel guests may enjoy a Continental breakfast buffet and select a la carte items in Gotham Lounge, buffet breakfast on the banquet floor or an a la carte menu through In-room Dining. Gotham Lounge will also be open to the public for lunch, Afternoon Tea, dinner and cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Amex, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.