2-night stay in a standard room on 11th floor.
Excellent service. the big plus is a very helpful and knowledgeable concierge team who did all our restaurant bookings and share a few insights with us on the Big Apple. Thanks a lot for making our stay so seamless
The room was extremely comfortable, comfy bed, very large screen, marble bathroom, soundproof, it ticked all the boxes of a luxury hotel. A few let downs though:
- I sent a gift to the hotel prior to our arrival, so that it could be put in our room when arriving and surprised my girlfriend, but things went wrong and gift stayed in the storage room... Needed to proactively ask for it to be delivered when a butler came with the gift in a plastic bag... Not really the high attention to details i was expecting from Peninsula...
- the room was a bit too small. Ok it is NYC, but i think it would be a but uncomfortable to live in this room for a few hours as there is not much space beside the bed and the desk. Always a but frustrating, especially when it's raining for a full day...
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula New York Hotel
- The Peninsula New York Hotel New York City
- Peninsula New York City
- New York City Peninsula
- Peninsula Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its world-renowned service and attention to detail, The Peninsula New York is the prestigious recipient of the Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Awards. This magnificently restored 23-story, 1905 landmark building is ideally located, just steps away from world-class shopping, museums and the magic of Broadway. ACCOMMODATION: Each of the 185 spacious guestrooms and 54 suites at The Peninsula New York meet The Peninsula Hotels standards for luxury, guest comfort and technology. Rooms are designed for maximum comfort, with a good night’s rest virtually guaranteed. Each room exudes a sense of tranquility and modernity with crisp bed linens from the luxury French linen house, D. Porthault, luxurious goose down duvets, flat screen televisions, marble bathrooms with special mood lighting and signature Peninsula bathtub televisions. For the ultimate convenience, bedside electronic control panels regulate temperature, lighting and entertainment systems. WELLNESS: The Peninsula Spa is a rooftop oasis providing an ideal retreat from the demands of the city. Recently awarded the #1 Hotel Spa in the USA by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, this sanctuary of seclusion and peace offers relaxing body treatments and sublime skin care in an environment of sheer aesthetic bliss. The Spa features a luxurious range of heat experiences including a steam room, sauna, ice fountain and “experience” shower, men’s and women’s private relaxation lounges and an Asian Tea Lounge. The Private Spa Suite is the ultimate personal spa experience for couples, friends or family wishing to retreat in total privacy. A glass-enclosed pool, wraparound outdoor sun terrace and cutting edge fitness center with daily group fitness classes completes the wellness experience. DINING: From fine dining to traditional Afternoon Tea, The Peninsula’s restaurants and bars combine the perfect balance of luxury and comfort to experience at any time of day. Offering Panoramic views over Fifth Avenue and the glittering skyline of Manhattan, Salon de Ning features an intimate interior bar, complemented by two outdoor terraces. Notice: The hotel’s fine dining restaurant Fives and the adjoining Bar at Fives are currently closed for refurbishment and are set to debut in Fall 2013 with an exciting new name and concept. In the interim, hotel guests may enjoy a Continental breakfast buffet and select a la carte items in Gotham Lounge, buffet breakfast on the banquet floor or an a la carte menu through In-room Dining. Gotham Lounge will also be open to the public for lunch, Afternoon Tea, dinner and cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Amex, Splendia, Venere, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.