“Fitzpatrick's - The best place to stay in New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #57 of 451 hotels in New York City
“Fitzpatrick's - The best place to stay in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Return visit to Fitzpatrick’s. We loved it so much the last time we were there as soon as I knew we were going back to New York for a GAA match (New York v Mayo), there was only one hotel that I wanted to book and once again it did not disappoint. The Fitzpatrick Manhattan is the best hotel in New York City. In every area of the hotel, the staff are superb. From checkin to room service, we just loved it!
What I love about this hotel is that it is not too big so therefore is so warm and welcoming. From our checkin to You feel that all the staff know who you are, there is never a queue at the concierge (and they know new York inside out and they are more than happy to share their knowledge with you!) or at the check in desks.
The bar is great (and the cocktails are fab!) on the Friday evening when we arrived, it had a great atmosphere in it. Before we left for the match on the Sunday morning, we ate in the restaurant and the breakfasts were lovely and good value too.
The location of the hotel is perfect, you are central to everything.
I am already trying to plan my next trip back as we loved it so much and there is only one place that I would book in New York....Fitzpatrick Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Coltrate,

I was delighted to read your glowing review of the hotel and in particular that you found our "staff superb". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Really nice small hotel in good location.
Staff really helpful.
Good Irish breakfast and not too expensive. We booked a suite it was good but I think rooms could do with some updating. However I was happy with our stay there.

Room Tip: Request a room to the back on high floor as noise could be a problem from traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Elaine O,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed in fitzpatricks overnight before flying out of JFK. Great location , shopping on doorstep as well as restaurants & subway too. We got upgraded to gorgeous suite & the service throughout was top class. Enjoyed drinks in bar and tasty lunch too. Would love return visit sooner rather than later.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cork0,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.

Miami, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Excellent, cooperative, warm,friendly staff made my stay a wonderful experience. Very professional and caring. An exceptional hotel. Highly, highly recommend. From check-in to room service (best I have experienced), a superior hotel. Upgraded to a suite without even asking. Central location. Perfect for sight-seeing, relaxing or whatever you desire. I am an experienced traveler, have stayed @ numerous 5 star hotels and have never received finer service. Close to museums, Central Park and any restaurant you could crave. I have traveled around the world and believe me friends, you can't do better. Eric G.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Datsyik,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that in particular you found the staff "excellent, cooperative and warm. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I spent a single night at this hotel and a great experience. The lack of traditional check in desk threw me for a loop, but in a good way. The Fitz checks you in at one of two desks and you sit down through the process-a nice surprise for one who spent the day traipsing around Manhattan. Throughout my stay, staff was very outgoing and inquiring if I needed assistance with anything.

Rooms are really good sized for NYC. Separate living room and bedroom, plus a separate kitchenette room. Bed and sheets were decent and as an added bonus in the bedroom...a pants presser! What a great feature to a hotel room! Bathroom was perfect size and had nice juniper shampoo (can't recall brand) and a set of soft robes.

Close to the 52nd and Lexington train and of course easy to walk anywhere.

A caring hotel for a weary traveler, small and service oriented.

Room Tip: Room in the back was fairly quiet, can't see need for street view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Maybeitsthebeertalk,

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed the year before at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central who's was excellent. But this time were given a suite with more room. Excellent service second to none. We will stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2013
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Alan UK 1,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the service excellent. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of same.

Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We recently visited this hotel on the recommendation of our travel agent, as we needed somewhere fairly central to sight see from & also somewhere special enough to celebrate my birthday with a small group of family & friends. We could not have had a better choice than the Fitzpatrick Manhattan. From the moment we walked through the door, we were treated like old friends by the staff, especially Chris, the duty manager, who made a point of chatting to us at every opportunity that he saw us, checking to make sure that everything was ok for us & sorting out any problems or queries quickly & efficiently. The rooms were amazing - most of us had suites (my sister & I had booked a suite already but one of the other members of the party were upgraded to a suite as soon as Chris found out that my friend had not slept well due to traffic noise). My sister is notorious for being a little 'princess & the pea' about hotel beds & generally sleeps poorly in hotels. Not here. There was a real danger that she would have hired a van to take the bed home with us, as she has never slept so well in her life! I have also recently had spinal surgery, so generally struggle with getting comfortable on beds, but, again, no problems here (Chris, very obligingly, advised us on the company the hotel uses for their beds!)
The restaurant in the hotel was small but perfectly formed, with a beautiful menu for breakfast, lunches & evening meals. The food was amazing, a mix of American classics & Irish/British classics. Their Shepherds pie was the most delicious my sister & I have ever tasted (but as it is a staple of my mother's cook book, she must NEVER know!!). The restaurant staff were lovely & friendly to us all, even when we were taking over the place when catching up with other members of the trip.
I cannot thank everyone at the Fitzpatrick enough for making us feel so welcome & adding the cherry to the top of a very special trip for us. I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear The Findlays 2014,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an amazing review and I certainly appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the team members very helpful. I know that the staff will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you all back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.