“FABULOUS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzpatrick Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Fitzpatrick Manhattan to your Saves list
Fitzpatrick Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   687 Lexington Avenue, between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #56 of 451 hotels in New York City
WORKSOP
“FABULOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Myself and 2 friends have just returned from a 3 night girls weekend away at this lovely hotel. We were in room 506 which didn't have much of a view but this wasn't a problem as we weren't in New York to gaze out of the hotel window! From first arrival to waiting for the car back to the airport every single member of staff was professional, courteous and friendly with nothing too much trouble. Our suite had everything we needed, was comfortable, clean and spacious. We had a drink in the bar every night - not cheap - but hotel bar prices never are. There was an excellent choice of drinks at the bar plus good bar and table menus. Food was very nice. Position of the hotel is perfect - walking distance of Empire State, Times Square, Central Park, various shops, Bloomingdales. Fitzpatrick Manhattan is not a huge hotel but is a perfect base for discovering New York and we would definitely stay here again if we manage to return New York . Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Dru2,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your girls weekend in the hotel and that you found the staff very friendly. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind words.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

There is little that is reasonably priced in midtown Manhattan, but the Fitzpatrick delivers on service, room cleanliness and location for a reasonable price. This is a small Irish boutique hotel, so if you're looking for the grandiosity of the InterContinental's lobby or the appeal of the Waldorf Towers it won't suit your needs, but the courtesy and friendliness of the staff coupled with the proximity to the theater district, 57th street shopping and midtown museums makes this hotel a favorite of ours.

The first floor of the hotel includes a very small reception area, café and bar. Food is very good and drinks are expensive. Bar area was long a great attraction, but its location was swapped with the cafe a few years ago from adjacent to the windows looking out on Lexington Ave which caused it to lose some of its charm.

Room temperature control has the same problem most older buildings in Manhattan have--once the winter season begins you only have heat control and no ability to cool down a too warm room. This is more of a problem in some rooms than others.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are particularly spacious for Manhattan
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear dubaytom,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found the staff fiendly and the location great. I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Top class service - Great rooms in a very convenient downtown location. Lots of Irish staff which was good. Really nice bar food. We were looked after so well from the Manager downwards. They made our three young kids feel very welcome too which was important. Nothing was too much! We stayed in the Intercontinental on our last visit to NY and this is just a different league in terms of service.

Room Tip: If you are going with family take 2 rooms. Breakfast expensive so better in one the delis around the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Keith Lowe,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Kerry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Many thanks to all the staff for making our stay so pleasant . Suite 1205 is the place to say. The curtosy of the staff was most refreshing

The food was of a high standard and nothing was a problem to any member of staff.

We travelled with our 4 children and the wifi access was a must. Pity it was not included in the rate but it's not expensive.

It is my 3rd stay at Fitzpatricks but first time with my family.

Obviously we will be back hopefully some time in the future.

The position of the hotel we found to be great, near subway and short walk to most places.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Edmond S,

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I know that the team at the hotel will be thrilled to learn of your kind words.

On behalf of the hotel, thank you for once again staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to a Fitzpatrick family hotel in New York in the future.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We are usually in NYC for Christmas and love being in the mid-fifties on the east side when we visit. The Fitzpatrick Manhattan fits the bill perfectly. It's a lovely, small, chic, boutique hotel with a pub and a café located on the corner of 57th and Lexington. Everything we care about is within a few blocks: Bloomingdales, Bergdorf's, Saks, & Barney's. Petrossian, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Little Italy, Soho, and the theater district are just a short cab ride away. The staff are always warm and welcoming. We like the suites on the upper floors, but the regular rooms are very nice too. The front desk will arrange for a Lincoln Towne Car to pick you up at the airport and take you back when it's time to go home.

Room Tip: The suites give you the most space. They have a large living room with a pullout sofa bed, and a se...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Shane C, General Manager at Fitzpatrick Manhattan, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Robyn F,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at that the hotel and in particular that you found the staff "warm and welcoming". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your very kind comments.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for the Christmas period from 23rd Dec to 30th and have to say that the stay was superb. From the moment we arrived the staff flew out the hotel to grab our stuff and get us sorted straight away and not leave out in the rain!

Staff were always on hand to help out and were exceptionally friendly. Leon and a another young concierge (who for the life of me I cannot remember his name!) were always around to answer any questions as was the manager (who again I can't remember his name!) and sort anything we wanted out.

The room service was always quick to arrive and was always unbelievable to eat so became a bit of a regular thing in our room! I don't think we went a night without ordering room service!

The bar staff were always extremely polite too and anyone I haven't mentioned were equally. The whole place has a lovely feel to it and is extremely cosy.

All round a fabulous stay and made out Xmas in NYC a very enjoyable one!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom McNaboe,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff "exceptionally friendly" and I am also thrilled that you found the "whole place has a lovely feel to it and is extremely cosy".

Westwood, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were there during Super Bowl weekend and not there for the Super Bowl. I had a tough time finding a place to stay and when we got a room at the Fitzpatrick I was leery but pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Great location and very friendly staff. Nice pub in the hotel which is always a plus.Rooms where very clean and bigger than I would have expected. I would definatley go back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Maria D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I certainlhy appreciate you doing so.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you found our "staff friendly". I know that the team will be thrilled to learn of your kind comments.